Electrical formulas
02-13-2014, 06:18 PM
Electrical formulas
Hi every one,

I have a few questions, I just bought a Prime for my study.
I Have a 42S which have served me well for many years, then I had a Ti NSpire which I simply hated so quickly I went back to my trusty 42S because I did not like the plastic 50.
Anyways to my question in electrical formulas pretty much every variable is represented with greek letters often with underscore, lowered numbers ' or all of these to explain exactly which value they represent!!, to me it seems that I can't use greek letters for variables?, is there anyone with a clever way to name variables in this case??

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2014, 08:32 PM
RE: Electrical formulas
Greek letters are allowed as variables with certain limits. You can't (shouldn't) create a variable that is already defined as a constant or operation (sigma, pi, etc.)

To get to commonly used Greek characters use the shift-9 popup menu. If you need something more exotic, use the "Chars" menu to select from any of ~65K Unicode characters. Once you are in the "Characters" selection window, you can go directly to the full set of Greek characters by clicking on the "More" softkey and selecting "Greek and Coptic" from the menu.

While subscripts are not allowed, the convention is to just append the subscript's number to the variable (e.g. e0).

HTH

Mark Hardman

Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)