HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back?
11-06-2019, 12:56 AM
RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back?
The "title bar" part where system clock, notification and so on lives will still go away. The HP logo area with the LED dots and the menu icon thought will remain though. There just is not a good solution that I see because they have now hijacked the left/right sides. In addition, many people have always had trouble getting it back and it is just getting worse...

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2019, 06:43 AM
RE: HP Prime on Android - how to get the title bar back?
Thank you for clarifying. This title bar with the LEDs and HP logo was the one I was talking about. With that activated, I see quite big unused areas to the top (this bar), and also to the left and right making the calculator display smaller than I think it should be.

Of course, this depends on the phone's screen width/height ratio and we are more and more seeing devices with higher and narrower screen, which reduces this effect. At the same time the new gestures introduced in Android 10 make it really difficult to swipe in from left for the Prime App's menu, so it seems to be a good idea to show some controls on the screen. Any chance to make this bar with the HP logo smaller?

StephenG1CMZ This is an interesting idea and I sometimes temporarily activate and use this feature in other apps. There is a second activation method (on Android 10) which works better: swipe in from bottom with two fingers. Caveat is that even the smallest zoom level shows less than the full Prime display, and is not fit to show only the Prime display in zoomed view. I remember that another emulator on the Store (for an old TI?) had a feature to zoom to the display, that is where I got this idea.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)