Call for calculation tips and tricks ideas for HHC2016 Presentation
05-28-2016, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2016 03:04 PM by Namir.)
Call for calculation tips and tricks ideas for HHC2016 Presentation
I plan to make a few presentations at the HHC2016. One of them concerns programing tricks and tips. I have a few of y own but would like to include additional ones that folks on the website would like to share. You will be given full credit for your tip/tick. I am interested in efficient ways to calculate important functions like gamma (found a few already), zeta, and other functions. I am also interested in algorithms that support clever and efficient computing.

Write me at my email address of nshammas@gmail.com. Please explain your tip or trick or include a link to a web site (this site or any other site) that explains the tip or trick. Include wording that gives me permission to mention your contribution at HHC2016 and possible post it on my web site. Eric Rechlin usually video tapes the HHC talks, so the tip/trick talk will most likely be posted on YouTube with your name mentioned. I do have a limited time for the presentation. I may post all of the tricks/tips that I receive on my website so we can enjoy a central location for these tips/tricks.

Thanks in advance!

Namir
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2016, 06:57 PM
RE: Call for calculation tips and tricks ideas for HHC2016 Presentation
(05-28-2016 03:00 PM)Namir Wrote:  I plan to make a few presentations at the HHC2016. One of them concerns programing tricks and tips. I have a few of y own but would like to include additional ones that folks on the website would like to share. You will be given full credit for your tip/tick. I am interested in efficient ways to calculate important functions like gamma (found a few already), zeta, and other functions. I am also interested in algorithms that support clever and efficient computing.

Write me at my email address of nshammas@gmail.com. Please explain your tip or trick or include a link to a web site (this site or any other site) that explains the tip or trick. Include wording that gives me permission to mention your contribution at HHC2016 and possible post it on my web site. Eric Rechlin usually video tapes the HHC talks, so the tip/trick talk will most likely be posted on YouTube with your name mentioned. I do have a limited time for the presentation. I may post all of the tricks/tips that I receive on my website so we can enjoy a central location for these tips/tricks.

Thanks in advance!

Namir

First crowd-sourced HHC presentation? Innovative!

--Bob Prosperi
05-28-2016, 09:55 PM
(05-28-2016 03:00 PM)Namir Wrote:  I plan to make a few presentations at the HHC2016. One of them concerns programing tricks and tips. ....................
Write me at my email address of nshammas@gmail.com. ....................

Namir

And deadline for sending your mail is? ..............
05-28-2016, 10:59 PM
Deadline is August 31.

These tips should be relatively short.

Namir
05-29-2016, 01:48 AM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2016 01:48 AM by Namir.)
Robert,

It's a "cum ba ya" type of project!

:=>
05-29-2016, 02:06 AM
(05-29-2016 01:48 AM)Namir Wrote:  Robert,

I look forward to singing with you in Ft Collins.

--Bob Prosperi
05-29-2016, 10:49 PM
(05-29-2016 02:06 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(05-29-2016 01:48 AM)Namir Wrote:  Robert,

I look forward to singing with you in Ft Collins.

#§$%&, I fear I have to cancel my participation.

Günter
05-29-2016, 11:14 PM
(05-29-2016 10:49 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  #§$%&, I fear I have to cancel my participation.

Günter

In singing with us, or attending HHC at all? Hopefully not the latter, you and Torben would certainly be missed!

--Bob Prosperi
05-30-2016, 11:58 AM
(05-28-2016 03:00 PM)Namir Wrote:  I plan to make a few presentations at the HHC2016. One of them concerns programing tricks and tips. I have a few of y own but would like to include additional ones that folks on the website would like to share. You will be given full credit for your tip/tick. I am interested in efficient ways to calculate important functions like gamma (found a few already), zeta, and other functions. I am also interested in algorithms that support clever and efficient computing.

To be honest, I cannot quite imagine what you have in mind here. A clever programming trick may require just 10, 5 or even 3 steps on a classic HP, while a decent and effective Gamma algorithm is a substantial project on its own.

So could you please give an example or two of what you expect?

Dieter
05-30-2016, 07:59 PM
(05-29-2016 11:14 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(05-29-2016 10:49 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  #§$%&, I fear I have to cancel my participation.

Günter

In singing with us, or attending HHC at all? Hopefully not the latter, you and Torben would certainly be missed!

I guess such a 'singing' experience will be nightmare, I'd better miss. Smile

Günter
05-30-2016, 09:37 PM
(05-30-2016 07:59 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  
(05-29-2016 11:14 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  In singing with us, or attending HHC at all? Hopefully not the latter, you and Torben would certainly be missed!

I guess such a 'singing' experience will be nightmare, I'd better miss. Smile

Günter

As Jake and Eric will be video-taping the event, the nightmare will be preserved for your later viewing, um... pleasure; perhaps it will be safer in replay?

We'll miss you both!

--Bob Prosperi
05-30-2016, 11:32 PM
(05-30-2016 09:37 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(05-30-2016 07:59 PM)Guenter Schink Wrote:  I guess such a 'singing' experience will be nightmare, I'd better miss. Smile

Günter

As Jake and Eric will be video-taping the event, the nightmare will be preserved for your later viewing, um... pleasure; perhaps it will be safer in replay?

We'll miss you both!

No need to miss us, simply don't sing!! Ah, wait: As a revenge I could give my presentation of NewRPL as a tune instead of a talk. Oh what a brilliant solution. The meeting would come to a sudden end, and we'd have more time to dedicate to reasonable things.

Günter
05-31-2016, 08:43 AM
Sir, maybe you will find interesting this link (Gamma function program for the HP 33S with real and complex arguments): http://www.rskey.org/hp33s

The programmer has done this task for a lot of HP models.
05-31-2016, 11:52 AM
(05-28-2016 03:00 PM)Namir Wrote:  Namir

I have dozens of tricks but I'm envious and bashful... Big Grin Wink

Csaba
05-31-2016, 07:02 PM
(05-31-2016 11:52 AM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  

Csaba

Csaba,
I think you could submit your neat routine for Linear Regression, post #17 on the subject of HP-12C Angular coefficient....

That was a real revelation to me and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Regards,
Bob
05-31-2016, 08:58 PM
(05-31-2016 08:43 AM)lmmt61 Wrote:  Sir, maybe you will find interesting this link (Gamma function program for the HP 33S with real and complex arguments): http://www.rskey.org/hp33s

The programmer has done this task for a lot of HP models.

I have that web site on my list. Actually I more interested in the equations that approximate the gamma functions than the implementations themselves, because using the equations you can write hundreds of implementations for different calculators and programming languages.

Thank you for the tip anyway.
05-31-2016, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2016 03:16 AM by Namir.)
(05-31-2016 11:52 AM)Csaba Tizedes Wrote:  

Csaba

Please go ahead and share. The emphasis is more on the algorithms than the implementation (although implementations remove any ambiguities that may appear in pseudo-code).

For example, a compact good approximation for the gamma function works will all hardware and languages (calculators as well as PC programming languages). Of course PC programming languages being faster and endowed with more memory can afford to implement approximations that use more evolved expressions.

Namir
06-01-2016, 09:29 AM
Namir, you're welcome to use the INTEG recursion subject as you see it fit:

Scroll down for FOCAL code...

Cheers,
ÁM
06-01-2016, 11:03 AM
(06-01-2016 09:29 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Namir, you're welcome to use the INTEG recursion subject as you see it fit:

Scroll down for FOCAL code...

Cheers,
ÁM

Thank you Angel, I will use your double integration solution.

Namir

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)