Thread Closed 
43s status
12-30-2015, 03:32 PM
RE: 43s status
(12-30-2015 03:02 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  I think the right question is: do you HAVE to wait?
You could start the project core on substitute hardware keeping in mind portability to that target. You wouldn't abandon it completely, just gain some time by using different hardware.

We will certainly start with an emulator on a GUI platform (Windows, Qt, Java, or the like). If I only had the time to start the project besides all my other occupations...

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html
Find all posts by this user
12-30-2015, 06:09 PM
RE Walter's latest and 2000th post: "There's one day left in 2015 still <bitter grin>" "Let's hope Eric and Richard will get it done very soon (I for my part would be terribly ashamed announcing delivery year after year but not being able to do it - though maybe that's just an outdated old European attitude)." and "..... based on experience of last year I'd recommend you don't hold your breath for that."

I was thinking that I need a new calendar, but with walter posting his disappointment with Eric and Richard roughly every 28 days; I will try using that to mark the passage of the months. My 41 will take care of the hours, minutes and seconds.
12-30-2015, 06:12 PM
(12-30-2015 03:02 PM)Claudio L. Wrote:  
(12-30-2015 08:44 AM)walter b Wrote:  LOL. Liberty dies little by little. No, Steve, "somewhat" and even your first "slightly" are too big for me.

I hope Eric's final design ends up being within 1 mm of your specs, otherwise you'll discard his hardware too!
A little flexibility could go a long way to save (start?) the project.

Well, 5.8 mm are quite a bit more than 1 mm, aren't they? I know some theoreticians setting π equal to 1, but 6 are slightly too much. Wink And 34 are almost 6 times more again. Wink Seriously, it's known what Eric specified for the 43S in mylar case, and we won't complain for a few (i.e. up to π) mm if we ever get the chance to measure it in our life. Though I'm almost certain that's not the reason why completing three prototypes takes so long.

Quote:Looking a few posts above, the DIY4X platform with the new display has been in that mylar case since Jan 2012, "almost ready" to start software development. It could take a couple more years to get a real keyboard manufactured. I admire your patience.

Yes, we are patient. Personally, I know quite some development projects which took π (or even π²) times the time originally scheduled. Though for projects showing significant delays, the project owner must stand some questions Confused, and these will become more frequent the longer the delay becomes ... Confused Confused

As Marcus stated, we'll start with an emulator. The skin is ready for many weeks. What's missing is time for designing and coding the SW.

The 43S won't appeal to everybody for sure. It shall be RPN. It won't be another Prime nor another TI xy. But once we get our hands on the (electronic) HW, I'm confident we can make it a success story with support of the community. Smile Think of the WP 34S and 31S. Smile Smile A repurposable mechanic would be very nice of course but, alas, I can't see any suiting our specs so far.

And prices will be made by Eric. Though after-sales service and response times should be a major factor taken into account when assessing the package IMO. Think of the WP 34S and 31S.

d:-)
01-07-2016, 08:57 PM
Any news about this?
01-09-2016, 03:32 PM
(09-29-2015 07:08 PM)brouhaha Wrote:  
(08-26-2015 06:48 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  Well, it's been a long long long time of "Hanging in there". The 43S was mentioned back in a 2005 post and the feature set and keyboard layout has been hashed to death.

... We expect to make units available to the WP-34s developers before year end.

Well, certainly after year end is before year end. But how do you call a missed appointment? Yes, a disappointment. Confused

d:-I

CETERVM CENSEO: Get the 43S prototype units made.
01-09-2016, 07:01 PM
(01-09-2016 03:32 PM)walter b Wrote:  certainly after year end is before year end. But how do you call a missed appointment? Yes, a disappointment. Confused..........Get the 43S prototype units made.

Walter; do you want some cheese with that whine?

Really man; show us how it's done. Build it yourself and save us from your incessant sniveling.
01-09-2016, 09:47 PM
(01-09-2016 07:01 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  Walter; do you want some cheese with that whine?

Really man; show us how it's done. Build it yourself and save us from your incessant sniveling.

If there's something I can rely on, it's my favorite Super Moderator meddling in affairs which are neither his own nor he even understands. Fellow forumers will concur with me that I did my part for promoting the 43S so far. Though I never ever claimed I can do the electronics. Those who claimed, however, they get it done until a certain due date (not for the first time) will have to live with being commented (in particular since they don't report anything about their progress for months). Dennis, please lead, follow, or get out of the way - I don't remember any contribution from you bringing the 43S any further. TIA.

d:-/
01-10-2016, 06:30 AM
(01-09-2016 09:47 PM)walter b Wrote:  Dennis, please lead, follow, or get out of the way

Ok. I will. This thread is closed. Your repetitive complaint fest against Eric and Richard is a closed subject anywhere on this forum.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)