Now available on iTunes: HP Prime Graphing Calculator iOS app
12-17-2015, 11:20 PM
RE: Now available on iTunes: HP Prime Graphing Calculator iOS app
(12-17-2015 07:29 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

[I had this entire paragraph I wrote as a reply. But I erased it. I will say for now you should be happy we got the app on iOS. You should praise the HP team for the fantastic work they did to bring this to the App Store.

Example I love how my battery status is displayed in the calculator.]

Thanks for your thanks :-)

It actually was a huge task because we had to make the entire thing 64 bit compatible! Many mega bytes of source code had to be passed on by a fined toothed comb, and modified!
Note only does IOs force the use of 64 bits, but their characters are 32 bits (vs 16 on windows)...

Cyrille

Thank you all who worked on this!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2015, 01:35 AM
OK! Now I'm impressed.
Move a matrix? On the iOS version, create a data table in the Numbers app then select and copy all the cells. On the Prime, open a blank spreadsheet in the app, select the 1,1 cell and use the transfer (my word) 'paste' edit command (on the 'swipe-right' menu) and the data will be in the spreadsheet.

Same procedure (reversed) will get data out of the Prime and into Numbers app. It also seems to work with matrix data and will copy from a Prime matrix and paste into PocketCAS on the iOS (for example).

Maybe more--a lot more!

VERY NICE JOB! Yay Prime programmers!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-18-2015, 03:20 AM
I think I found a bug. If you press shift+On to turn off the calculator it freezes on me. I have an iPhone5s with the latest software. By freeze I mean that the little sand dial on the battery comes up and just remains stuck there. I then have to shut the app up entirely.

I also find that my iPhone 5s gets very hot randomly when using the Prime app. Not sure how to reproduce it. But it gets as hot as when I am watching a Netflix movie.

Thanks Again.

-Luis-
12-18-2015, 03:41 AM
(12-18-2015 03:20 AM)luisphysics Wrote:  I think I found a bug. If you press shift+On to turn off the calculator it freezes on me. I have an iPhone5s with the latest software. By freeze I mean that the little sand dial on the battery comes up and just remains stuck there. I then have to shut the app up entirely.

I also find that my iPhone 5s gets very hot randomly when using the Prime app. Not sure how to reproduce it. But it gets as hot as when I am watching a Netflix movie.

Thanks Again.

I have noticed the same conditions as Luis mentioned on my iPhone 6+. It seems that the processor is working very hard to handle Prime calculations, hence the heat. I also had a 'freeze' but under different circumstances: while doing a matrix inversion (100x100) the iPhone went into auto-lock and would not respond to touch at all. I had to do a warm reset. I'm a registered iOS developer, and by no means an expert, but it looks like the Prime is not playing nicely in the iOS.

BTW, the matrix inversion worked and completed on a subsequent try. The plastic Prime balks at anything over 50x50 and the iOS is much faster. Maybe too fast . . .. Some control might be given to the user in 'Settings' as is the case with other calculator ports?
12-18-2015, 03:56 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2015 03:57 AM by luisphysics.)
So this isn't your fault developers. But the iPhone doesn't have feedback when you press keys, so is there any chance key sound presses can be added for us poor iPhone 5 people. Whenever u get to it is cool. I have a real prime so I'm not desperate. Smile I am contemplating purchasing a Nexus 6p just for that reason.

-Luis-
12-18-2015, 04:48 AM
(12-16-2015 05:25 PM)ndzied1 Wrote:  Now I'm torn. I want this but I got burned by the "official" HP 15C app that had one simple glaring problem (annoyingly loud key click that couldn't be adjusted) and was never fixed. That app seems to be abandoned by hp.

Just launch the Settings app, then HP-15C then disable Key Clicks:

[Image: 23712534872_1385af306b_z.jpg]

Gerson.
12-18-2015, 06:18 AM
I think now there's free manpower for upgrades and bugfixes on the 'real' prime?
12-18-2015, 01:30 PM
I notice that the iOS app is using a newer ROM version, 2015 11 02 (9069), while the current physical calculator and Windows emulator ROM is 2015 6 17 (8151).

Is the difference merely changes necessary for compatibility with iOS?

Thanks!
12-18-2015, 02:04 PM
BUG REPORT

The help scrolling doesn't seem to work. Scrolling through the tree works fine but on individual items I am not able to scroll down. And my iPhone gets got while I try to scroll. Might be stuck in a loop or something.

-Luis-
12-18-2015, 02:33 PM
(12-16-2015 03:37 PM)mehldau Wrote:  Hi all,

The HP Prime Graphing Calculator by HP Inc. seems to have just been released for general availability on iTunes. It's $24.99/€24.99, requires iOS 7.0 or later and is available in English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish.

For more iformation see: https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/hp-prime...1064702857

I am right now downloading the app...

Best regards

Dirk

I'm going to buy app this weekend.

Smile
12-18-2015, 06:07 PM
(12-18-2015 01:30 PM)mark4flies Wrote:  I notice that the iOS app is using a newer ROM version, 2015 11 02 (9069), while the current physical calculator and Windows emulator ROM is 2015 6 17 (8151).

Is the difference merely changes necessary for compatibility with iOS?

Thanks!

I just check,
iOS app have version 9069

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-18-2015, 07:19 PM
Nice version 1.0! Hopefully following are considered for next ios version:

- key click sound
- even larger terminal fonts
- improved alpha, shift key color contrast
12-18-2015, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2015 08:27 PM by Mariox.)
(12-18-2015 07:19 PM)CR Haeger Wrote:  Nice version 1.0! Hopefully following are considered for next ios version:

- key click sound

- Copy and paste or some form of transfer programs
12-18-2015, 08:53 PM
Ok so I have been thinking about this program transfer so all my calculators have the same programs. Since it seems that HP is on the path to make the HP Prime calculator truly cross platform, I can see how they would be able to add the connectivity kit on OSX.

I'm interested to see what else they come up with. They honestly surprised me when the iOS app came out.

-Luis-
12-18-2015, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2015 11:48 AM by salvomic.)
(12-18-2015 07:19 PM)CR Haeger Wrote:  Nice version 1.0! Hopefully following are considered for next ios version:

- key click sound

I prefer a method to download custom apps and HPPL program, like in the "real" Prime (better: to clone the Prime apps/programs/variables into the iOS app, preferably via iTunes, so to have all synchronized in iPhone, iPad...) :-)

I'm trying the app in the iPad: very curious and amazing to have a Prime bigger than the normal one :-)
Thank you Cyrille and team!

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
12-19-2015, 09:40 AM
After reading the iTune page I found it very interesting and fine product indeed!

Just wondered does the Prime App on iOS "turn" to landscape mode? And, does it support portable keyboard?

Say when a portable keyboard is plugged in, it is then possible to hide some keys from the screen (at least the numeric ones), saving the real estate for larger screen! I am assuming the screen resolution will grow, not just "stretching" to map more screen pixels here..
12-19-2015, 12:25 PM
From what I can tell it is a direct port. This means screen resolution is the same as the prime. You also can't unlock the app with your finger. If you want the keyboard option you can just buy a Surface Pro you can do what you are asking for with that.

-Luis-
12-19-2015, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2015 01:25 PM by Tim Wessman.)
(12-18-2015 03:20 AM)luisphysics Wrote:  I think I found a bug. If you press shift+On to turn off the calculator it freezes on me.

Ok, managed to reproduce this one and it has been passed on for evaluation.

Quote:I also find that my iPhone 5s gets very hot randomly when using the Prime app. Not sure how to reproduce it. But it gets as hot as when I am watching a Netflix movie.

We've been unable to reproduce this one directly, but I have an idea that I've passed on to look into.

(12-18-2015 02:04 PM)luisphysics Wrote:  The help scrolling doesn't seem to work. Scrolling through the tree works fine but on individual items I am not able to scroll down.

This one we've been unable to reproduce with any systems. Is it a specific help topic? All of them? Does anyone else see this behavior? Thanks!

Note that both HP and Apple pretty much shut down at the end of the year, so there is pretty much no possible way an update could possibly come out till ater the calendar year rollover.

Glad people seem to be liking things.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
12-19-2015, 01:55 PM
(12-19-2015 01:24 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(12-18-2015 02:04 PM)luisphysics Wrote:  The help scrolling doesn't seem to work. Scrolling through the tree works fine but on individual items I am not able to scroll down.

This one we've been unable to reproduce with any systems. Is it a specific help topic? All of them? Does anyone else see this behavior? Thanks!

I can confirm this happening on both iPad 4th generation and iPhone 6S. Any help text where the text is larger than one page, it is not possible to scroll down.

Cheers, Terje
12-19-2015, 02:13 PM
(12-19-2015 01:24 PM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  

Same with Program Editor. iPhone 6s plus.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)