Update problem "HP Prime"
11-02-2015, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 11:28 PM by wChris79.)
Update problem "HP Prime"
Hello,
I can not update my virtual calculator "HP Prime". When I ask if an update is available to download the calculator provides an update but once downloaded, I get an error of "HPUpdate". I try to do the update time by disabling my antivirus. I even tried to start as Windows 10 in Safe Mode with network support, but at that time can not start the virtual calculator.
Does someone could help me?

Virtual version calculator "HP Prime": 2014 3.31 Rev 6031

Thank you for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2015, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2015 03:12 PM by cclinus.)
RE: Update problem "HP Prime"
Hello,

Try this link:
"ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/"

Download both Connectivity_Kit and Virtual_Calculator.

Thanks!
11-02-2015, 11:31 PM
Good evening,
After downloading the exe Windows 10 tells me that the downloaded exe program is incompatible ....
Unable to do the installation ...
11-03-2015, 09:31 PM
Hi wChris79,

I have the same problem as you.
Updating emulator and real calculator on my "old" vista notebook goes very well. I updated it already two times.
On my new Windows 10 Home 64 bits notebook (Windows 10 pre installed) it is not possible to update the emulator. Version number after installing = 6031.
I tried two possibilities to update.
1- Via the CK.
I get the message "waiting for connection". After about one hour, still waiting for connection.
2- Via the emulator.
After selecting "update calculator" the firmware will be downloaded. After downloading (checking download) I get the message "fout" (Dutch). I think in English fault or error.

Question (for Tim or Cyrille?);
What do I wrong?
Windows 10 home 64 bit problem?
????

— Dirk Hartland
11-03-2015, 09:36 PM
I wonder if this is a 32bit vs 64bit issue. Is there any sort of "compatibility mode" in windows 10?

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
11-04-2015, 11:39 AM
Thanks Han,
Yes, there is a compatibility mode. I will check this in the weekend.
Are there other forum members with the same problem?

— Dirk Hartland
11-04-2015, 01:31 PM
(11-03-2015 09:36 PM)Han Wrote:  I wonder if this is a 32bit vs 64bit issue. Is there any sort of "compatibility mode" in windows 10?

I'm running 64-bit Win 10 Build 10576 and had no problem updating the virtual calc and the firmware on the real calc.

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
11-04-2015, 05:21 PM
Hi toml-12953,
Was your W10 an update from W7/W8.1 or was it a new install?
If it was an update than was, maybe, the conn kit and emulator already installed on your computer system.

— Dirk Hartland
11-06-2015, 09:24 AM
Hello,

OK. Now it works ... In fact the problem was a network connection problem. I was connected via WiFi between my PC and my Box. I switched ethernet cable mode and be able to download and normally much faster than WiFi. I think the file was a little bigger and put it to a download problem.

Thank you again for your help.
11-06-2015, 04:32 PM
(11-06-2015 09:24 AM)wChris79 Wrote:  I was connected via WiFi between my PC and my Box. I switched ethernet cable mode and be able to download and normally much faster than WiFi.
Which brand/type is your router?
My AVM Fritzbox had a very slow connection to the HP FTP-Server via WiFi.
I contacted AVM, they changed the firmware, now the download speed is normal.
11-06-2015, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2015 06:14 PM by wChris79.)
Hello,

Is an ADSL router on a line "NeufBox".
The box works via WiFi or ethernet. Ethernet is apparently more reliable for large size file download ... In any case I did not succeed to download via WiFi connection 107 MB of virtual HP calculator ...
11-09-2015, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2015 06:00 AM by Dirk.nl.)
Downloading the latest emulator software was not possible with Mozilla Firefox on my windows 10 home 64 bit notebook from the ftp side of HP. The downloaded file was about 45 Mb. Downloading with IE11 (and installing) was possible. Downloaded file about 109 Mb. Problem, so far, solved.
I hope next firmware update will be possible on the real calculator.
BTW, I hope that the drop down list issue (input command, more than nine items) will be solved in the next update, after that I can restart my new program project!

— Dirk Hartland

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)