HHC 2015 videos available?
10-02-2015, 02:30 PM
RE: HHC 2015 videos available?
(10-02-2015 10:35 AM)jebem Wrote:  Thank you all for sharing the HHC 2015 contents with the rest of us, specially for people based in the other remote places and have little chance to attend the event.

May I ask if Tim was a Speaker?

Tim spoke twice. He also came on his own dime. Remember; he was one of us before he became one of them too. Cerille also joined us from France, "through the magic of the internet". They both had stuff to say and answered a lot of questions. The NDA may cover everything said though so it's best to not discuss anything but if you have a specific question; Tim is known for answering what he's allowed to here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2015, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2015 07:26 PM by Joe Horn.)
(10-01-2015 06:27 AM)Olivier (WA) Wrote:  If I may impose one more time, would it be possible to do the same for the HHC 2014 files ?

Ok, the presentations and a few miscellaneous files from the HHC 2014 Thumb Drive are now available in a single download here: http://hhuc.us/2014/files/EntireCollection.zip (about 20.5 MB).

Disclaimer: That file name can be misleading. It's not "Entire" in the sense of containing everything on the thumb drive. It does however contain all of the presentations whose files are on the thumb drive. They have been converted to PDF format to optimize size and accessibility. Ludicrously large embedded videos have been removed (find them on YouTube). Not all speakers are represented because some speakers offered no files for inclusion on the thumb drive.

Next task: An online downloadable "Entire Collection" for HHC 2013.

EDIT: Done. HHC 2013's presentations and a few other goodies are now available here: http://hhuc.us/2013/files/EntireCollection.zip (about 31.8 MB).

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2015, 06:37 PM
(09-29-2015 03:45 PM)Eric Rechlin Wrote:  I just got back to Houston at 2:15am today, because I did it in one go and drove the scenic route (444 mile long, 50 mph Natchez Trace Parkway) and made a couple stops for mountain biking and hiking, so I haven't had a chance to upload anything yet, but I hope to have the videos posted within a week.

Eric,

Thanks for posting the videos! They are great! I've enjoyed watching several of them. It kind of takes a bit of the sting out of missing the conference.

-Jonathan
10-03-2015, 08:09 PM
(10-02-2015 02:30 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 10:35 AM)jebem Wrote:  May I ask if Tim was a Speaker?

Tim spoke twice. He also came on his own dime. Remember; he was one of us before he became one of them too. Cerille also joined us from France, "through the magic of the internet". They both had stuff to say and answered a lot of questions. The NDA may cover everything said though so it's best to not discuss anything but if you have a specific question; Tim is known for answering what he's allowed to here.

Thank you, Den.
I was just wondering what HP news would be for the next year concerning our beloved calculators.
In the past HHC videos was nice to see Tim and Cyrille, among others, talking about the upcoming HP technologies like the PRIME.

And thank you for the HHC sponsors for uploading the HHC 2015 videos!
I'm having a busy night watching and enjoying them.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

10-03-2015, 09:57 PM
Thanks for putting the videos on youtube Eric!!
10-04-2015, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2015 03:15 PM by Eddie W. Shore.)
Thanks for sharing! Smile

Watching HHC 2015 videos with coffee make for a great Sunday morning.

My dream job would be mathematical programming and working with calculators.
10-05-2015, 05:01 PM
(10-02-2015 04:58 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 08:48 PM)brickviking Wrote:  And for those of us who're on a DeLorean bender, are there files earlier than 2013 (what I've been able to find)? My browser failed when I set it to
http://hhuc.us/2012/files/. Were there files released for earlier years?

I *think* that 2012 was the first year that we had an official HHC Thumb Drive. I can't find mine anywhere. None of its files are online; I'll work on that if somebody can loan me theirs. I don't have time to even think about years before 2012.

The majority of materials from *all* the previous HP conferences going back to the original one in 1979 is available on the PPC archive DVD. (Seven copies were on the door-prize table at HHC2015.) In addition to the material itself is a 5-way index of the conference stuff (sorted by conference, article title, author, document type and device model) with the current total of 941 items through HHC2014. I am in the process of organizing the HHC2015 material as well, and will add what makes sense in the next two weeks. For more info on obtaining the DVD, check here.

Thanks,
Jake
10-06-2015, 04:43 AM
(10-05-2015 05:01 PM)Jake Schwartz Wrote:  The majority of materials from *all* the previous HP conferences going back to the original one in 1979 is available on the PPC archive DVD. ... For more info on obtaining the DVD, check here.

Thanks, Jake! I just found my copy of your DVD and it's all there! Awesome. I'll pull the presentation files that were on the HHC 2012 thumb drive from there. I won't upload anything from your disk that was not on the thumb drive, of course.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
10-14-2015, 01:33 AM
(10-05-2015 05:01 PM)Jake Schwartz Wrote:  The majority of materials from *all* the previous HP conferences going back to the original one in 1979 is available on the PPC archive DVD. In addition to the material itself is a 5-way index of the conference stuff (sorted by conference, article title, author, document type and device model) with the current total of 941 items through HHC2014. I am in the process of organizing the HHC2015 material as well, and will add what makes sense in the next two weeks.

Thanks,
Jake

Hi,

The updated DVD archive disk is now available, with the HHC2015 materials incorporated and the Conference index updated. For more info on obtaining the DVD, check here.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)