RPL/2
09-18-2015, 09:09 AM
RPL/2
Hello,

I have released a new RPL/2 compiler with some bugfixes. Available at http://www.rpl2.net.

Regards,

JKB
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2015, 12:50 PM
RE: RPL/2
RPL/2 4.1.23 is now available at http://www.rpl2.net and contains a lot of bugfixes (in multiprocessor systems).

Regards,

JKB
11-26-2015, 08:44 PM
Cheers
Thomas
03-01-2016, 10:48 PM
New release 4.1.24 with some bugfixes... Please test.
09-27-2016, 04:08 PM
New release : RPL/2 4.1.25 at http://www.rpl2.net.

Enjoy !
09-27-2016, 07:54 PM
I can not even enjoy because I'm using Windows-OS. Why can not you please start a compatible way of libraries windows-linux as wxWidgets?

can I use, please, your picture http://www.rpl2.net/img/screen2.png of your website in an article that i am writing of RPL programming?

Thanks
09-28-2016, 08:25 AM
(09-27-2016 07:54 PM)compsystems Wrote:  I can not even enjoy because I'm using Windows-OS. Why can not you please start a compatible way of libraries windows-linux as wxWidgets?

can I use, please, your picture http://www.rpl2.net/img/screen2.png of your website in an article that i am writing of RPL programming?

Thanks
I don't understand. RPL/2 only uses Motif if you write graphical applications. In other case, it's only a text-based application and a simple terminal is enough. You can build RPL/2 under Windows with Cygwin.

Of course, you can use http://www.rpl2.net/img/screen[1-4].png. Please indicate sources.

Regards,

JKB
10-12-2016, 08:10 AM
Last daily snapshot can be built and runs on Windows 10 (64 bits) under Cygwin with PostgreSQL, mySQL/MariaDB and RPL/CAS support. I have seen some issues with signals management but these issues come from WIndows or Cygwin, not from RPL/2 code.

I haven't tested with Foreign Linux.
06-28-2017, 09:24 AM
Hello,

New release 4.1.26 with some bug fixes.

http://www.rpl2.net

Best regards,

JKB
07-31-2017, 12:23 PM
Some news.

For a long time, it was possible to write libraries to add new functionalities into RPL/2. In 4.1.27, it is possible to manage new types in these libraries.

RPL/2 is now shipped with two libraries. The first one motif$ is used to create graphical applications. The second one, sets$, is able to work on sets and defines a new type with ([ ]) delimiters and five new instructions :
- complement
- union
- intersection
- s->l (set to list)
- l->s (list to set)

Example :

Code:

#!/usr/local/bin/rpl -sp -m sets.rplso

TEST
<<
        externals disp

([ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ]) ([ 3 6 8 ]) complement disp
        ([ 1 2 8 9 ]) ([ 3 6 8 ]) union disp
        ([ 1 2 8 9 ]) ([ 3 6 ]) intersection disp

([ 1 2 3 0 ]) disp
        ([ 1 2 3 5 ]) s->l disp
        { 1 2 2 5 1 2 } l->s disp

clmf
>>

that returns :
Code:

schroedinger:[~/cvs/rpl/modules/sets] > ./example.rpl 
+++RPL/2 (R) version 4.1.27 (Lundi 31/07/2017, 14:02:25 CEST)
+++Copyright (C) 1989 à 2016, 2017 BERTRAND Joël

Sets library V1R1 for RPL/2 (C) 2017 BERTRAND Joel
Sets library loaded.

{ "complement"
  "intersection"
  "l->s"
  "s->l"
  "union" }
([ 1 2 4 5 7 9 ])
([ 1 2 3 6 8 9 ])
([ ])
([ 0 1 2 3 ])
{ 1
  5 }
([ 1 2 5 ])

Sets library unloaded.

schroedinger:[~/cvs/rpl/modules/sets] >

This new functionality will be available the 1st of august 2017 in daily snapshot.

Best regards,

JKB
08-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Nice effort! I though it was going to be discontinued!

Actually I want to make my RPL terminal calculator but it may be redundant since there is yours.

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
08-01-2017, 06:30 PM
I've never said it is going to be discontinued. I have only written I don't know if I will continue to develop this application as I have no return (bugzilla for example), no traffic on mailing list...
08-01-2017, 09:33 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017 01:38 PM by pier4r.)
well you may expect that, without involving (read: sort of mentioning often) the work in the communities that likes RPL, it is difficult someone will use it/contribute.

Also I guess newRPL may be a competitor (although with gui).

Also the lack of binaries or "ready to use" programs may hinder those with little time.

I mean you added database support or even CGI support. That is quite a lot.

08-01-2017, 09:48 PM
(08-01-2017 09:33 PM)pier4r Wrote:  well you may expect that, without involving (read: sort of mentioning often) the work in the communities that likes RPL, it is difficult someone will use it/contribute.

Also I guess newRPL may be a competitor (although with gui).

Also the lck of binaries or "ready to use" programs may hinder those with little time.

I mean you added database support or even CGI support. That is quite a lot.
In core RPL/2 support sequential, direct access and keyed files. In core, it also supports sqlite3 database. And you can directly access to mariadb/mysql or postgresql if you configure RPL/2 at build stage.

I have written a long time ago (for 4.0) a CGI support to connect RPL/2 to a regular apache2 server. I'm not sure this module is usable without serious modifications.

I'm not sure that newRPL is a competitor. RPL/2 was created to write scientific programs on multithreaded servers (in a first time on DEC-Alpha with 4 CPU, in a second time on Sparc with 64 CPU) and targets of both languages are very different. Thus, it doesn't require a GUI.
08-02-2017, 07:37 PM
well both projects are quite a work, I never used yours so far but surely looks polished. I would be extra proud of it.

08-03-2017, 05:25 PM
Hello,

I have just released RPL/2 4.1.27 (http://www.rpl2.net)

Some news : it is now possible to manage new types from external libraries (see modules/sets and modules/motifs). RPL/2 is now shipped with two external libraries : motif (to write graphic applications) and sets (to handle sets). Examples are available in sources directories.

Two major bugs have been fixed :
- when allocation size was null, there was a buffer overflow (8 bytes);
- DETACH works now as expected (for a long time, DETACH was replaced by SPAWN if experimental-code flag was disabled).

Enjoy,

JKB
08-13-2017, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017 03:02 PM by pier4r.)
So, started to use the last version of the 4.0 release (because: Xp is the OS that I use for HP50g related stuff. Indeed newRPL 0.9 does not work, snort. So to be safe I normally take not the last version but the last version of the last release published when winXp was still widely used).

As said before, the work done is really a lot, congrats (I love people like you or Claudio that share with everyone).

I have Cygwin 2.5.2.

One small report, I am not sure it is fixed in the 4.1.x version. If the configure script does not found commands (like "patch") maybe it should fail to avoid messing up the installation?

edit: after like one hour of compilation. make fails due to "cmp" missing. Once again, would be nice to have a test at the start that verifies that needed commands are there, working, and if not, quits the installation with a message. (I am not sure this is present in 4.1.x but I would bet not)

(for those like me that wants to install the last cygwin on winXP: http://www.crouchingtigerhiddenfruitbat....chine.html )

also bugzilla (I know the workaround, but people may be pushed away):
[Image: IDQzGH7l.png]

08-21-2017, 09:15 AM
(08-13-2017 02:12 PM)pier4r Wrote:  One small report, I am not sure it is fixed in the 4.1.x version. If the configure script does not found commands (like "patch") maybe it should fail to avoid messing up the installation?
Done. configure script now looks for patch.
Quote:edit: after like one hour of compilation. make fails due to "cmp" missing. Once again, would be nice to have a test at the start that verifies that needed commands are there, working, and if not, quits the installation with a message. (I am not sure this is present in 4.1.x but I would bet not)
Which version did you try to build ? Can you post error message ? I don't have Windows thus it can remain some side effects...

Regards,

JKB
08-21-2017, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2017 09:31 AM by pier4r.)
I used the last version of rpl/2 . 4.0.23 (this because I use winXP and cygwin 2.5.2, the last for winXP).

I ma not sure about the requirements, if the last version of RPL/2 can work on cygwin 2.5.2 then I am set. Also I have debian systems as well (but debian 6.0.10) is debian 6.0.10 compatible or is it too old?

For the error messages I have to go through the compilation procedure again and, well, not today (It takes really long time*). I will do it again though, so I hope within this week to post something.

* This is what is frustrating. One waits hours and then the procedure fails for some missing command.

08-21-2017, 09:54 AM
(08-21-2017 09:30 AM)pier4r Wrote:  I used the last version of rpl/2 . 4.0.23 (this because I use winXP and cygwin 2.5.2, the last for winXP).

I ma not sure about the requirements, if the last version of RPL/2 can work on cygwin 2.5.2 then I am set. Also I have debian systems as well (but debian 6.0.10) is debian 6.0.10 compatible or is it too old?

For the error messages I have to go through the compilation procedure again and, well, not today (It takes really long time*). I will do it again though, so I hope within this week to post something.

* This is what is frustrating. One waits hours and then the procedure fails for some missing command.

Last stable release is 4.1.27, if I remember. A lof of bugs and new features have been fixed or added since 4.0.23.

For Debian, I suppose you can try to build RPL/2 on Debian 6, but this distribution is now old and if you haven't all requirements, I'm not sure you can install them without rebuild them from sources.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)