Permitted attachment types
09-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Permitted attachment types
I was about to post a HPGCC3 program in the software library when the forum hit me with the message that my attachment type was not allowed. The extension was HPGCC3's default .ex3.
When I tried my backup plan, which involved changing its extension to the ConnKit's preferred extension .hp, I got the same message.
Of course I could compress the file, but a ZIP archive containing a single 15KiB file is neither convenient nor particularly memory-saving.
Could these attachment types be allowed? Preferably together with other common file types for HP calculator software, e.g. .hpprgm for Prime programs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2015, 10:12 PM
RE: Permitted attachment types
I could add them. What are the appropriate mime types for these extensions?
.hpprgm
.ex3
.hp
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2015, 09:10 AM
Okay, that's a hurdle I did not expect. I have next to no knowledge about that stuff, but after reading up on it, I'd go with the generic "application/octet-stream". (At least my mail client chose that when I sent a mail with .hp and .ex3 attachments to myself.) If that is not satisfactory, a type will have to be made up and registered - while searching through the list of registered types, I couldn't find a matching type other than that generic one.
Find all posts by this user
09-11-2015, 12:30 AM
OK, these should work now.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)