Connectivity Kit -- Program Editor
09-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Connectivity Kit -- Program Editor
Not so long ago, users requested that line numbering be included as part of the program editor, and this request was implemented in a later release. There are many other features that would make the CK editor activity much better, notably a "search" feature, as mentioned previously.

I would like to make a request that block comment and uncomment be added, as well. When trying out various ideas during programming, it can be handy to have blocks of commented code fragments in line with the rest of the code structure. Useful as example code during program development, these blocks can then be subsequently used or deleted. Input() statement framework is a good example.

If block comment/uncomment seems like a worthwhile addition to the the CK program editor, please share your opinion. User requests help guide future enhancements.

-Dale-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2015, 03:02 PM
RE: Connectivity Kit -- Program Editor
Yes to these
And of course you mean Search & Replace (not just Search)
09-08-2015, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2015 02:48 PM by Martin Hepperle.)
... and adjustable font size (and possibly font name).
right now we have: the higher the dpi of your monitor, the smaller the print.

Martin
09-08-2015, 04:40 PM
(09-08-2015 03:18 PM)Martin Hepperle Wrote:  ... and adjustable font size (and possibly font name).
right now I have: the higher the dpi of your monitor, the smaller the print.

Martin

I would like to see in CK comment blocks (/* */), search function and adjustable font size also, at least those Smile

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2015, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 09-14-2015 04:06 PM by StephenG1CMZ.)
That's a yes from me (though for now I have an Android version, hence no CK yet).

My own preference is for such comments to be nestable, so that one comment can be embedded in an outer one - most languages however would treat the first */ (or whatever syntax is chosen) as terminating the single/outer comment, not the inner comment only.

As for the INPUT statement on the Android emulation, it would be much more useful if when selecting that statement "INPUT(IN,TTL,LBL,HLP,?,?)" popped up, rather than "INPUT()" - I generally assign to those local variables anyway first rather than trying to squeeze everything on one line. By the time I have selected INPUT from the right menu, I could just as quickly have typed INPUT.

If you wanted to search on-device rather than in the CK, there is now a program that will do that (my ZED EDITOR), though it is an early release so don't expect a full-blown editor yet.

Is there a way of getting line-numbering on-device or is that just in the CK?
Update: version 0.3 of my Z EDITOR can show line numbers on-device.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2015, 05:04 PM
(09-08-2015 03:18 PM)Martin Hepperle Wrote:  ... and adjustable font size (and possibly font name).
right now I have: the higher the dpi of your monitor, the smaller the print.

Martin

+1

Tom L
Cui bono?
09-08-2015, 05:09 PM
(09-08-2015 02:46 PM)DrD Wrote:  Not so long ago, users requested that line numbering be included as part of the program editor, and this request was implemented in a later release. There are many other features that would make the CK editor activity much better, notably a "search" feature, as mentioned previously.

I would like to make a request that block comment and uncomment be added, as well. When trying out various ideas during programming, it can be handy to have blocks of commented code fragments in line with the rest of the code structure. Useful as example code during program development, these blocks can then be subsequently used or deleted. Input() statement framework is a good example.

If block comment/uncomment seems like a worthwhile addition to the the CK program editor, please share your opinion. User requests help guide future enhancements.

-Dale-

Some of the features I'd like to see:
1. Ability to print program listings from CK.
2. Adjustable font size.
3. Option to automatically indent if statements and loops.
4. Send program to calculator (virtual and/or physical)and run automatically.
5. When change is made on attached calculator, incorporate changes in CK immediately.

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)