CASIO CLASSWIZ fx-991SP X Iberia
11-30-2017, 11:54 AM
RE: CASIO CLASSWIZ fx-991SP X Iberia
(11-30-2017 10:45 AM)david sanz Wrote:  Any body knows how many functions has got the LA X version?

Only 553 functions. We Latin Americans are not good enough at math to deserve the extra ~140 functions in the German version, it seems.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2018, 04:22 PM
Hi,

I am calculator collector from singapore. I am interested in obtaining the following:

1. FX-991SP X Iberia (NOT FX-991SP X II Iberia)
2. FX-991LA X
3. FX-991LA PLUS

was wondering if anyone from this site able to help me?

Regards.
03-27-2018, 03:06 AM
Did not know there were so many versions of the fx-991EX Classwiz. Like Latin America, it looks like the United States got a stripped down version as well at 552 functions. No GCD, LCM, Int, Intg functions nor a periodic table.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-25-2018, 12:49 AM
Hi all,

fx-570SP X Iberia here, which is the non-solar fx-991SP X Iberia.

Self test 1 shows "CY-254 VerA".
This one has also translated keys for the trigonometric functions (SEN and ARCSEN instead of SIN and SIN-1).

This model don't have DECIMAL-POINT IS COMMA Wink
07-16-2018, 03:15 PM
The German fx-991DE X seem to have many more unit conversions compared to the "international" EX model. It has 14 extra (26) length conversions, 12 extra (14) area conversions, 16 extra (20) volume conversions, 2 angle conversions ("rad -> r" and "r -> rad" - I don't know what those are!), 8 extra (12) mass conversions, 8 time conversions, 6 speed conversions, 2 acceleration conversions ("Gal -> m/s^2" and "m/s^2 -> Gal" - whatever Gal means!), 2 torque conversions, 6 force conversions, 10 extra (18) pressure conversions, 12 extra (16) energy conversions, 2 heat flow conversions ("Btu/min -> W" and "W -> Btu/min" - I guess these can be considered as 2 extra power conversions, but they are in a separate submenu), 2 specific heat capacity conversions, 2 viscosity conversions, 2 kinematic viscosity conversions, 8 magnetism-related conversions, 4 light-related conversions, and 8 radioactivity-related conversions.

— Ian Abbott
07-16-2018, 08:39 PM
(07-16-2018 03:15 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  ...2 acceleration conversions ("Gal -> m/s^2" and "m/s^2 -> Gal" - whatever Gal means!)

From Wikipedia:

"The gal (symbol: Gal), sometimes called galileo after Galileo Galilei, is a unit of acceleration used extensively in the science of gravimetry. The gal is defined as 1 centimeter per second squared (1 cm/s2). The milligal (mGal) and microgal (µGal) refer respectively to one thousandth and one millionth of a gal."

I sure never knew that! Gentle evidence once again that one can learn something new every day here at MoHPC.

--Bob Prosperi
07-16-2018, 09:45 PM (This post was last modified: 07-16-2018 09:45 PM by Tugdual.)
For what it is worth, the fx-991EX RevF is made in Thailand, not China.
07-17-2018, 05:59 AM
Wonder how many models allow solve for d/dx to equal 0 to find a min or max and integrals. The Japanese model, with all of it's extra functions and conversions does not allow this, while the "stripped down" U.S. version allows this in solve. I like having this solve capability over the extra functions/conversions...
03-12-2019, 09:06 PM
(07-17-2018 05:59 AM)lrdheat Wrote:  Wonder how many models allow solve for d/dx to equal 0 to find a min or max and integrals. The Japanese model, with all of it's extra functions and conversions does not allow this, while the "stripped down" U.S. version allows this in solve. I like having this solve capability over the extra functions/conversions...

Have you got reliable information which model has integral and d/dx function allowed in SOLVE?
I have a DEX model, this is the most important function, I guess in a calculator, but on DEX I have problem with QR code generation for Table or Calc.

I want to decide which is better: to buy a new 991??X model or change to TI-30X Pro Mathprint?!

Thanks for any information!
Csaba
03-13-2019, 11:54 PM
I would go with the TI 30X Pro MathPrint. It is as fast as the 991EX. One can define a function f(x) and g(x)=d(f(x))/dx) in table, and use them in numeric solve, or in the home screen. On the CASIO, if you want to take a function from table, you have to retype the function in the home screen to then solve. The TI has all the functions of the CASIO, and also the ability to use max (function 1,function 2) in solve or table or home. The CASIO does offer spreadsheet while the TI does not. The CASIO DE version of the 991EX handles repeating decimals.
03-13-2019, 11:56 PM
In addition, the TI retains the history when the calculator mode is changed, and when the calculator is turned off!
03-15-2019, 07:48 AM
(03-13-2019 11:56 PM)lrdheat Wrote:  In addition, the TI retains the history when the calculator mode is changed, and when the calculator is turned off!

Thanks for the info!
Csaba
03-15-2019, 01:28 PM
A couple of other items...the TI handles stat list size of 50, CASIO more. TI handles matrix size of 3x3 and poly degree 3 solve, CASIO 4x4 and degree 4. TI has perhaps 1 more regression choice than the CASIO. TI in table, allows one to choose a starting point and step size, and the resulting table will populate as one scrolls up or down as long as one wishes. The CASIO demands one to choose a step size and specific end points, forcing the user to re enter a new range if it is desirable to explore beyond the initial endpoints...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)