HP Prime.exe Virtual Calculator system error (Windows 10)
07-30-2015, 08:01 AM
HP Prime.exe Virtual Calculator system error (Windows 10)
Recently updated my laptop to Windows 10. Now when I attempt to run HP Prime Virtual Calculator I get a system error message stating that the program can not start because mfc120u.dll is missing. It suggests that a reinstall may fix the problem. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the virtual calculator, but no joy.

Ideas?

Tim Roche

ter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-30-2015, 12:19 PM
RE: HP Prime.exe Virtual Calculator system error (Windows 10)
I updated Windows yesterday, now tried the Virtual Prime, it runs as usual. This dll is in C:\Windows\System32, and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 as well as in 2 folders used by Avira, so I think you should look for it and copy it to both locations on your hard disk.
Arno
07-30-2015, 12:30 PM
(07-30-2015 08:01 AM)Tim Roche Wrote:  Recently updated my laptop to Windows 10. Now when I attempt to run HP Prime Virtual Calculator I get a system error message stating that the program can not start because mfc120u.dll is missing. It suggests that a reinstall may fix the problem. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the virtual calculator, but no joy.

Ideas?

Tim Roche

Hi,

The quick fix is to download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. If you have a 64 bit OS, I suggest you install both the 64 bit and 32 bit versions.

Best regards.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-30-2015, 10:07 PM
RE: HP Prime.exe Virtual Calculator system error (Windows 10) *** Problem Solved
After installing/repairing the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, the Virtual Calculator is running again. Thank you all for the helpful suggestions.

Tim
07-30-2015, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-30-2015 11:10 PM by Tim Wessman.)
(07-30-2015 10:07 PM)Tim Roche Wrote:  After installing/repairing the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, the Virtual Calculator is running again. Thank you all for the helpful suggestions.

Tim

Hello,

You are now the second person I've seen who has had this issue. I would like to figure out what might be going on here as we are doing everything (to the extent we know) that Microsoft documentation tells us to do with respect to the redistributes and all our testing hasn't shown this happen at all. If possible, could you answer a few questions for me?

1. Did you have the emulator installed from the last release before?
a. did you run the new installer directly after it downloaded?
2. To get it working, which "redistirubtables" did you install again? How did you do that? (manual download/install, add/remove "repair", etc)
3. Any other things you think you might have done to help.

Many thanks!

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
07-31-2015, 01:29 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2015 03:45 AM by mandresve.)
Hello everyone,

I just clean-installed the W10 Pro RTM x64 (comp. 10240) and after install all the system packages (.NET Framework 3.5 and the C++ Redist. 2005 & 2008 x86) I run the latest HP Prime related software (CK & VC)... no issues at all.

If it helps in something or need more info, please let me know it.

Cheers.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm.
View PNG/JPG in your Prime
07-31-2015, 02:59 AM (This post was last modified: 07-31-2015 03:00 AM by eried.)
No problems with Windows 10 and calculator software here (no reinstall/components required), upgraded from 8.1

My website: erwin.ried.cl
07-31-2015, 02:11 PM
I updated my notebook Samsung I5 for Windows 10 and everything is working properly. File transfers between the connectivity kit and the emulator and to the calculator function perfectly

Leo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)