[WP 34s] reference card
01-16-2014, 01:24 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2014 02:15 AM by nsg.)
[WP 34s] reference card
[Image: yYuyktt.png]

This is the quick reference card to serve as a reminder for certain aspects of wp 34s which are not apprent. I design it to put on the back of the cover of my "WP 34s pocket reference", but it may be useful in its own right. (higher resolution version is in the attachment). It is 2.8x5.5" and will fit in the calculator's pouch.

I will take suggestions on what else may be useful to squeeze in, or otherwise.

(Edit: updated image)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2014, 07:35 AM
RE: [WP 34s] reference card
(01-16-2014 01:24 AM)nsg Wrote:  [Image: D4guc0R.png]

This is the quick reference card to serve as a reminder for certain aspects of wp 34s which are not apprent. I design it to put on the back of the cover of my "WP 34s pocket reference", but it may be useful in its own right. (higher resolution version is in the attachment). It is 2.8x5.5" and will fit in the calculator's pouch.

I will take suggestions on what else may be useful to squeeze in, or otherwise.

You squeezed many information bits in a few cm² Wink Please allow for some nitpicky remarks:
  1. LOADSS doesn't belong to stack but to system status (I'd put it next to SAVE instead).
  2. Special registers start with X.
  3. Dimensions are 7.1cm x 14cm in SI (you've expected that, didn't you?).

d:-)
01-16-2014, 08:58 PM
(01-16-2014 01:24 AM)nsg Wrote:  I will take suggestions on what else may be useful to squeeze in, or otherwise.

Please take a look at the PROB section. Are you sure the parameters in J and K did not get swapped? The left column should be J and the right one K.

Dieter
01-17-2014, 03:04 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2014 03:09 AM by nsg.)
(01-16-2014 07:35 AM)walter b Wrote:  [*]LOADSS doesn't belong to stack but to system status (I'd put it next to SAVE instead).
Walter, what exactly is LOADSS doing? It does not look like it is explained in the manual, just says "restores system state". What is "system state" in this context? In case it restores only "config" area, would it be more appropriate to group with STOM and RCLM?

Quote:[*]Special registers start with X.
Could you expand on that? I used the words "special register" loosely, meaning they are not stack registers, that is are not moved around by operations and stack commands.

(01-16-2014 08:58 PM)Dieter Wrote:  Please take a look at the PROB section. Are you sure the parameters in J and K did not get swapped? The left column should be J and the right one K.
Yes, thank you. It looks like the columns should be swapped. Probably the artuifact of earlier edition when the register list was to the left of PROB parameters.
01-17-2014, 05:15 AM
(01-17-2014 03:04 AM)nsg Wrote:  
(01-16-2014 07:35 AM)walter b Wrote:  [*]LOADSS doesn't belong to stack but to system status (I'd put it next to SAVE instead).
Walter, what exactly is LOADSS doing? It does not look like it is explained in the manual, just says "restores system state". What is "system state" in this context? In case it restores only "config" area, would it be more appropriate to group with STOM and RCLM?

a + b) Please see also App. B of the manual (p. 173).
c) Yes, LOADSS works like LOADP but for SS instead of P -- thus my suggestion.

(01-17-2014 03:04 AM)nsg Wrote:  
(01-16-2014 07:35 AM)walter b Wrote:  [*]Special registers start with X.
Could you expand on that? I used the words "special register" loosely, meaning they are not stack registers, that is are not moved around by operations and stack commands.

The term "special registers" is used in the manual in contrast to "general purpose registers". Having said that, it's not treated unambiguously there, so ... hmmh ... I just came across it on your card but may get accustomed to it.

d:-)
01-21-2014, 11:44 AM
I've noticed one instruction missing in the pocket reference guide: y<> & z<> are listed but not t<>
01-22-2014, 12:06 AM
(01-21-2014 11:44 AM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  I've noticed one instruction missing in the pocket reference guide: y<> & z<> are listed but not t<>

It should be there, under "t". y<> and z<> just happened to be together in alphabetical order, so i combined them to save a line. I will add reference to t<>, as well as x<> to that combined entry when I do the rev 2.
01-22-2014, 07:21 AM
(01-22-2014 12:06 AM)nsg Wrote:  It should be there, under "t". y<> and z<> just happened to be together in alphabetical order, so i combined them to save a line. I will add reference to t<>, as well as x<> to that combined entry when I do the rev 2.
Yes, you're right it's there. I've been confused by the grouping of y<> and z<> with the reference to x<> and not to t<>.
What are the other changes you're planning for the rev 2 of the pocket reference?
01-22-2014, 11:18 PM
(01-22-2014 07:21 AM)Didier Lachieze Wrote:  What are the other changes you're planning for the rev 2 of the pocket reference?

1. minor fixes to wording and formatting
2. card for the back of the cover
3. in the file laid out for printing gradually increase gutter space between pages from smallest (inside) to just slightly larger (for the outside).
01-23-2014, 01:45 PM
(01-22-2014 11:18 PM)nsg Wrote:  1. minor fixes to wording and formatting
2. card for the back of the cover
3. in the file laid out for printing gradually increase gutter space between pages from smallest (inside) to just slightly larger (for the outside).

Gene: And when will we see V2 ? :-)
01-30-2014, 02:19 AM
(01-23-2014 01:45 PM)Gene Wrote:  Gene: And when will we see V2 ? :-)

It is way past due, so I am afraid to make predictions.

I updated top post with new image which incorporates new position for LOADSS and th order of J and K hints.
[Image: yYuyktt.png]

Unfortunately forum will not let me upload high resolution image as attachment because it is >200k. Is there a way around it?
01-30-2014, 02:39 AM
(01-30-2014 02:19 AM)nsg Wrote:  I updated top post with new image which incorporates new position for LOADSS and th order of J and K hints.

Sorry, but that's falsifying history and a good part of this thread. Editing old posts shall not lead to that! Please undo that.

(01-30-2014 02:19 AM)nsg Wrote:  Unfortunately forum will not let me upload high resolution image as attachment because it is >200k. Is there a way around it?

The image you show today is sufficient "high res" for reading everything IMHO. If you want more, I'd recommend posting a link to a site where the image incl. all bells and whistles is stored.

HTH

d:-/
03-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Andrew,

Is there an updated version of the WP 34s pocket reference available now?

Thanks

-Jonathan
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)