DEAD!!! Prime Dead!
07-04-2015, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2015 06:07 PM by toshk.)
DEAD!!! Prime Dead!
Turn it On today screen flashes, power recycles couple of times....Just like that my Hp prime went dead. nothing (i mean NOTHING) will wake it up.....!
back to my Casio FX 2.0 (' old one knows the corners') and its' still Pimping.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: DEAD!!! Prime Dead!
It could be a bad battery. If the battery has completely failed, the Prime *may* not power up even from a USB port.

http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-4219.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2015, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2015 09:03 PM by d b.)
with new $30 OEM battery....Prime would not wake-up. Just a year old new prime.,,,,RIP!! I wish i can write a tribute to this awesome buggy Matlab /Mathcad/Wolfram/Pocket PC/shitty at times/poke with pin most times calculator....!
Casio guy on Hp land...... i fess my love for it. reminds me of my Casio FX-7000G "keyboard-wise".
hell no!!! who the hell want to use a stylus with a calculator......!! In my Casio FX2.0 days i envied Hp50g
i wish Casio have something like this without a freaking stylus;
Now let me go fight HP (dummies) on the phone.
how come Hp makes a bad products recent years. (a buggy product that last for a year with a price not to match.....Marketing i guess).
07-09-2015, 11:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2015 09:03 PM by d b.)
(07-09-2015 09:50 PM)toshk Wrote:  with new $30 OEM battery....Prime would not wake-up. Just a year old new prime.,,,,RIP!! I wish i can write a tribute to this awesome buggy Matlab /Mathcad/Wolfram/Pocket PC/shitty at times/poke with pin most times calculator....!
Casio guy on Hp land...... i fess my love for it. reminds me of my Casio FX-7000G "keyboard-wise".
hell no!!! who the hell want to use a stylus with a calculator......!! In my Casio FX2.0 days i envied Hp50g
how come Hp makes a bad products recent years. (a buggy product that last for a year with a price not to match.....Marketing i guess).

$30 OEM batt? so you replaced the battery? why? (maybe this caused the problem?)

My feeling is that the Prime has a much much lower failure rate (hardware-wise...) than for example 49g+ or 50g at the beggining.

My website: erwin.ried.cl
07-10-2015, 05:12 AM
(07-09-2015 11:36 PM)eried Wrote:  My feeling is that the Prime has a much much lower failure rate (hardware-wise...) than for example 49g+ [...] at the beggining.
Good luck trying to find a 49G+ with a good keyboard. They are collectors items.
07-10-2015, 08:42 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2015 09:04 PM by d b.)
(07-09-2015 11:36 PM)eried Wrote:  
(07-09-2015 09:50 PM)toshk Wrote:  with new $30 OEM battery....Prime would not wake-up. Just a year old new prime.,,,,RIP!! I wish i can write a tribute to this awesome buggy Matlab /Mathcad/Wolfram/Pocket PC/shitty at times/poke with pin most times calculator....!

$30 OEM batt? so you replaced the battery? why? (maybe this caused the problem?)

My feeling is that the Prime has a much much lower failure rate (hardware-wise...) than for example 49g+ or 50g at the beggining.
May be because of this?
May be because action is better than nothing?
My 50g is absolutely perfect.

No need to troll a frustrated user.
07-10-2015, 08:53 AM
(07-09-2015 09:50 PM)toshk Wrote:  Now let me go fight HP (dummies) on the phone.

Could you please post your experiences with HP Support und the results for all Prime users ?
Thanks in advance.
07-10-2015, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2015 09:04 PM by d b.)

While I sympathize with your unfortunate situation, let me telling you that dismissing other people's professional skills will not help you.
A more positive approach usually will give you better results.
Just my personal opinion after 36 years of computer professional work with customers (but I might be wrong - Live and learn until the day you die).

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

07-10-2015, 06:39 PM
I had a bitter experience with HP-39gii. I see events with the Prime and don't wish it even free of charge. Very much is probable, that it is made not complete by HP, but group of enthusiasts from HP without big finance. Presently Prime can't compete on sales even with CASIO FX-2.0 despite the speed of calculations and super CAS. One thousand fans in the world won't rescue this project. "DEAD!!! FX-2.0 Dead!" :-) I had got 5 (five) FX-2.0 and even never used "reset button" in 15 years. There are three non-significant bugs in OS, but it can't be compared with Prime headache.
So, I welcome fact that at this forum openly discuss all problems.
07-11-2015, 08:03 PM
(07-10-2015 06:39 PM)Hlib Wrote:  I had a bitter experience with HP-39gii............So, I welcome fact that at this forum openly discuss all problems.

It's good, isn't it? The other welcome thing is that one of two HP Calculator Division employees will often answer posts in those discussions and/or put the problems on their "to fix" list.
07-12-2015, 12:01 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2015 12:02 AM by Gene222.)
Just curious. If the problem is not the battery, does anyone know why toshk's calculator died?
07-12-2015, 01:18 AM
I should restate my question. Based on Toshk's posts, it sound like he had a battery that had very little charge. He turned on the calculator, and presumably because of the low power, the calculator went into reset mode. The first reset failed. During the second reset, it sounds like the battery lost all it power. How can losing power during a reset permanently damage the calculator?
07-12-2015, 07:36 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2015 08:59 PM by Thomas_Sch.)
(07-12-2015 01:18 AM)Gene222 Wrote:  I should restate my question. Based on Toshk's posts, it sound like he had a battery that had very little charge. He turned on the calculator, and presumably because of the low power, the calculator went into reset mode. The first reset failed. During the second reset, it sounds like the battery lost all it power. How can losing power during a reset permanently damage the calculator?
With the detailed informations given, it's all like looking into the crystal ball.

He should contact HP Support and discuss the case with HP.
Concrete feedback from HP will help all other Prime users.
07-12-2015, 06:29 PM
I doubt if hp's customer service representative could say why Toshk's calculator died. My prime calculator died in a similar manor. I tried recharging the battery and performing a reset, but that did not work. I call hp's customer service, and we tried a one or two button reset, plugging the calculator into a usb port (dead battery check), and finally a three button reset. None of which worked. My calculator was still under the 1 year warranty, and the representative sent me a new calculator in about 4 or 5 days. But, he was just a service representative following a set of procedures. He could not tell me why my calculator died. The incident left me overly cautious. Whenever I see my calculator with less than 1/3 power, I stop what I am doing and recharge it using the hp charger. Also, when I connect my calculator to my laptop, I first disconnect the laptop's AC adapter. I know these precaution are probably bogas, that is why I wondered if anybody knew why Toshk's calculator died.
07-13-2015, 08:03 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2015 08:10 PM by Hlib.)
We still didn't receive the answer to an important question from hp's customer service, thread http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-4149.html ("Question about memory use", sulvomic).
Whether I will manage to master Prime before it fails during a warranty? Unfortunately, it is the only question which disturbs me in connection with Prime, but not its opportunities because of poor quality. I don't need updatings every time. Make please the calculator which won't betray.
07-13-2015, 10:30 PM
(07-13-2015 08:03 PM)Hlib Wrote:  We still didn't receive the answer to an important question from hp's customer service, thread http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-4149.html ("Question about memory use", salvomic).
Whether I will manage to master Prime before it fails during a warranty? Unfortunately, it is the only question which disturbs me in connection with Prime, but not its opportunities because of poor quality. I don't need updatings every time. Make please the calculator which won't betray.

yes, in fact...
With the last firmware I get a strange behavior with memory: I'm editing more time my last program (Astronomy...); after a bit the memory decrease, or the calc hangs or reset. The only workaround for now is to reset (on+Symb) after a long series of editing...

Salvo

∫aL√0mic (IT9CLU) :: HP Prime 50g 41CX 71b 42s 39s 35s 12C 15C - DM42, DM41X - WP34s Prime Soft. Lib

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)