What's up with the HP website and the Prime
04-28-2015, 09:22 PM
RE: What's up with the HP website and the Prime
OK, so the "new" Prime is still out of stock on the HP website (http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/se...abName=vao). Whereas SamsonCables.com shows them (G8X92AA#ABA) in stock: (http://www.samsoncables.com/catalog/prod...rod_ID=503) But, they state that the photos are of a previous model. Almost everyone else selling the Prime is selling the (NW280AA) version.

I'm not a betting man, but, I smell a supply chain purge....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Here in Europe, distributors offer to shops different prices for the C and A revisions. As the A is cheaper, and differences are minimized by the channel, many shops are buying the stocks of the A revision.

Really - will you use it with the wireless dongle or the interface for instruments?
04-29-2015, 03:36 PM
(04-21-2015 12:50 AM)Marcio Wrote:  
(04-20-2015 08:54 PM)Michael Wrote:  By the way: Is there already a consequent UNDO-functionality?

Yes, but it only works in RPN mode. The combination of keys are SHIFT and +.

(04-21-2015 12:25 AM)toml_12953 Wrote:  Oh, great! Now I'll hafta buy a THIRD Prime! Smile
Tom L

Why so many?

I already have the original (Hardware A) and the updated one (Hardware C) I always like to have the latest and greatest so if HP improves the hardware again, I'll buy a third Prime.

Tom L

Tom L
Cui bono?
04-29-2015, 06:14 PM
(04-29-2015 03:36 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(04-21-2015 12:50 AM)Marcio Wrote:  Yes, but it only works in RPN mode. The combination of keys are SHIFT and +.

Why so many?

I already have the original (Hardware A) and the updated one (Hardware C) I always like to have the latest and greatest so if HP improves the hardware again, I'll buy a third Prime.

Tom L

The Android Prime emulator is worth the money, albeit the "keys" are tiny on the phone, my Nexus 7 is easier to use but does not fit in my pocket... :-)
04-30-2015, 05:45 AM
I would have wished that the emulator for android would at least offen a larger screen and input keys for programming. Thinking about a tablet the screen is large...
Plus I read that it does not work together with con kit on a pc. Is that possible now? For me ist is not worth the money. It feels like a quick adaption of the emulator Code to a new os to have somehting on the market.

And it is a pity that HP needs manpower to fix bugs there rather than improving and fixing the real prime....
I was about to buy it. Then the rpn x^2 bug was found. So I campe to the conclusion that the android emulator is somehow a quick shot. And given Point a I think ist is bot worth the money. Just my personal feelings.
04-30-2015, 10:58 AM
(04-29-2015 03:36 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(04-21-2015 12:50 AM)Marcio Wrote:  Yes, but it only works in RPN mode. The combination of keys are SHIFT and +.

Why so many?

Tom L

Working at the distributor Jose is mentioning here above, my info from HP is that there will be no new hardware. Only a packaging change due to exam approvals. Smile

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com
06-18-2015, 05:14 PM
(04-28-2015 09:22 PM)kharpster Wrote:  OK, so the "new" Prime is still out of stock on the HP website

I've been checking every few days, and it is finally back in stock there (http://store.hp.com/us/en/SearchDisplay?...reId=10151).

My question is, why does the HP Store make it seem that calculators don't exist? You can't browse to them, even if you click the link to show "all products". You can only get to them if you know to search for them. Doesn't seem like a sensible way to sell a product.
06-18-2015, 06:02 PM
(06-18-2015 05:14 PM)nlj Wrote:  My question is, why does the HP Store make it seem that calculators don't exist? You can't browse to them, even if you click the link to show "all products". You can only get to them if you know to search for them. Doesn't seem like a sensible way to sell a product.

I would imagine that unlike Texas Instruments, the HP calculator division does not generate enough revenue for the company to really focus their resources on it. This is of course entirely HP's fault; HP is so far behind in the marketing of their calculators that TI would have to do something really stupid to lose their choke hold on the education market. It rather reminds me of the IBM PS/2 fiasco, far superior hardware and OS, with some extremely bad marketing decisions. We all know how that story ended...
06-19-2015, 06:15 PM
(06-18-2015 05:14 PM)nlj Wrote:  I've been checking every few days, and it is finally back in stock there

They're cheaper here:

http://www.antonline.com/p_G8X92AA-ABA-G...fgodoBEAJg
07-03-2015, 05:50 AM
(04-19-2015 01:19 AM)kharpster Wrote:  Marcio,

Thank you, and yes, they are available on Amazon, and most of them for sale are version A and not C, buyer beware! My question and comments have nothing to do with where to buy them, but what if anything is HP doing now with regard to the Prime.

Just write an email to HP, give them some explanation why you need to upgrade to hardware version C, and they will replace it without questions. I got my Prime Version A from Amazon, it was replaced very quick with version C.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)