Editor/converter/program manager for the Prime Calculator (PrimeComm)
04-12-2014, 03:40 AM
RE: Editor/converter/program manager for the Prime Calculator (PrimeComm)
(04-11-2014 03:49 PM)eried Wrote:  Well I liked lucida console or consolas but they missed the "sto" symbol :/

DejaVu Sans Mono includes the ▶ character (U+25B6). It is available on Sourceforge.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dejavu/?source=dlp

Mark Hardman

Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2014, 07:00 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2014 07:01 AM by eried.)
(04-12-2014 03:40 AM)Mark Hardman Wrote:  DejaVu Sans Mono includes the ▶ character (U+25B6). It is available on Sourceforge.

That font is perfect and sharp!, I think I will replace the current one with it (I am preparing a font selector but only from the files in Program files to avoid symbol problems).

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-13-2014, 03:43 AM
Thank you both for the tips -- Deja Vu Sans Mono looks really good.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
04-13-2014, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2014 11:37 PM by eried.)
I am thinking leaving 2 "spaces" and tab with width 2 is perfect for monospaced fonts as default, how that looks? Any suggestion? (now that the font can be switched, all the other panels have to inherit that font, the chars, reference, line numbers, etc)

[Image: Image%202014-04-13%20at%207.49.07%20PM.png]

it seems tabs are converted to blocks in the calculator :/ they don't interfere with the code but looks ugly. I tried in the conn kit and tabs are converted to 3 spaces... so that's might be the "default"

04-13-2014, 11:55 PM
2 spaces for tab is perfect (in my humble opinion); the editor is near perfect -- just need user-selectable colors for highlighting

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
04-14-2014, 07:24 AM
(04-12-2014 07:00 AM)eried Wrote:  That font is perfect and sharp!, I think I will replace the current one with it (I am preparing a font selector but only from the files in Program files to avoid symbol problems).

Hi,

I was playing around with ver 0.9 b12 yesterday and it seems to work very well. Thank you very much for your effort. However when I tried search and replace in the editor (search string being "CAS."), it crashed the program every time. I'm using Windows 7 64bit. Is this reproducible in your setup?

Cheers, Terje
04-14-2014, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2014 05:46 PM by eried.)
Correct Terje, it crashes here too. I am gonna check why and fix it, thanks.

EDIT: It was a bug on ScintillaNet Tongue not in my code https://scintillanet.codeplex.com/workitem/34204

04-21-2014, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2014 01:10 AM by eried.)
(04-14-2014 07:24 AM)Terje Vallestad Wrote:  However when I tried search and replace in the editor (search string being "CAS."), it crashed the program every time.

All issues should be fixed by now, including that and several small ones.

(04-13-2014 11:55 PM)Han Wrote:  2 spaces for tab is perfect (in my humble opinion); the editor is near perfect -- just need user-selectable colors for highlighting

I added some customization features to http://servicios.ried.cl/primecomm/Prime...9.20.0.exe

If you have some free time, you can play adding the attached (
.zip  PrimePad.zip (Size: 608 bytes / Downloads: 14) ) PrimePad.ini to c:\Program...Files...\PrimeComm\ <- path

But I see an issue now, there is no Scintilla Lexer for HPPPL and none of the >70 available languages fit, so I am thinking I will need to write a new one for coloring otherwise, (in this case I leave cppNoCaseSensitive as default when PrimePad.ini is found), the styles will not match the colors settings, i.e. with the previous default pascal the line "EXPORT ..." was considered a Comment)

In any case, and following the trend about prime users doing prime video tutorials Big Grin, for spanish speakers I have recorded few videos explaining all the app from setup, to programming, etc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDrK_fZm...SrnnPZ1ZmI

05-24-2014, 10:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2014 10:08 PM by eried.)
OK! finally PrimePad has a sexier color scheme (and ALL the keywords! for these people who likes a visual confirmation Big Grin):

[Image: Image%202014-05-24%20at%205.53.37%20PM.png]

06-01-2014, 06:51 PM
Thanx for PrimePad. I use it all the time.

Is it just me or can we no longer send programs directly to the HP' calculator using PrimePad with firmware 6330? I looked at my box and my calculator is the "No Way" version if that makes a difference.

More specifically when I send a program from PrimePad, I get a successful transfer message, but the calculator goes to the App Menu and the program is not present. Additionally, there is no longer even a Send button on my HP' Program screen.

These 6330 changes must have been a rude surprise for you. Are there any prospects for fixes and workarounds?
06-01-2014, 07:35 PM
(06-01-2014 06:51 PM)Jsather Wrote:  Thanx for PrimePad. I use it all the time.

Is it just me or can we no longer send programs directly to the HP' calculator using PrimePad with firmware 6330? I looked at my box and my calculator is the "No Way" version if that makes a difference.

More specifically when I send a program from PrimePad, I get a successful transfer message, but the calculator goes to the App Menu and the program is not present. Additionally, there is no longer even a Send button on my HP' Program screen.

These 6330 changes must have been a rude surprise for you. Are there any prospects for fixes and workarounds?

No workaround for the moment, new firmware works different in terms of USB transfers; I have to do some research and update the app but I already got some info about the differences in the protocol.

About receiving things, I am not sure what to do there yet (because there is no Send button in the new fw, I haven't seen it even when the emulator connected to the device) so maybe that kinda breaks primecomm's simplicity approach and it will require a little program browser retrieving something from the calc.

06-01-2014, 08:37 PM
(05-26-2014 01:00 PM)compsystems Wrote:  suggestions

0: Color customization of keywords =) keyword0: color[ R, G, B ] { command list ... }
1: In a future version, collapse and expansion blocks of statements +/-

0: What is wrong with current color list? There are the values directly from the color namespace in the .net framework Smile
1: This is doable, scintilla supports this but the lexer must be finished (to support this and the automatic completion/snippets) so I will have this in mind.

06-02-2014, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2014 07:09 AM by debrouxl.)
Quote:new firmware works different in terms of USB transfers
The foundations remain the same: the Prime exposes itself as a HID, it is correctly detected by libhpcalcs, and most libhpcalcs commands which worked against firmware revision 5447 work just fine with revision 6030.

Quote: I have to do some research and update the app but I already got some info about the differences in the protocol.
Yeah, there seem to have been some changes in screenshots.

Quote:About receiving things, I am not sure what to do there yet (because there is no Send button in the new fw, I haven't seen it even when the emulator connected to the device)
You can use the named receive commands implemented by libhpcalcs. AFAICS, they work against the latest Prime computer software (for receiving e.g. L1 of type LIST), so they should work against a real Prime: only the lower communication layer is different, the upper communication protocol is the same.

Quote:so maybe that kinda breaks primecomm's simplicity approach and it will require a little program browser retrieving something from the calc.
Yup, if HP added the dirlist command I hinted the HP folks about. That is, a command for listing file names, types and sizes without transferring their contents (which is what the receive backup command does).
The contents browser has been a standard feature of TILP for over a decade, because most TI calculator models support dirlist. Without dirlist, browsing the calculator can only occur after the fact, after the entire contents of the calculator's filesystem have been retrieved by the computer (which can take a fair bit of time, even after transfer speed improvements, and is subject to packet loss).
06-02-2014, 07:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2014 07:37 AM by eried.)
(06-02-2014 07:04 AM)debrouxl Wrote:  You can use the named receive commands implemented by libhpcalcs. AFAICS, they work against the latest Prime computer software (for receiving e.g. L1 of type LIST), so they should work against a real Prime: only the lower communication layer is different, the upper communication protocol is the same.

Yeah, I just don't want to add anything ugly like a browser or directory to my app. That's the purpose of the connkit, where you can enjoy beautifully crafted icons with franken-touch-screen ready controls hahah Tongue :
[Image: Image%202014-06-02%20at%203.34.59%20am.png]

No, but for real; I haven't checked anything yet, sniffing the calc/etc, so I can't say anything.

06-29-2014, 07:38 PM
(06-02-2014 12:53 PM)compsystems Wrote:  /!\ Warning: Transfers aren't working with the last 6330 firmware

Hewlett Packard esta siguiendo los pasos de texas instruments, bloqueando el software para terceros?

=(

On HP Connectivity kit not working either?
I can't find the content tab :O
06-30-2014, 03:49 AM
(06-29-2014 07:38 PM)alexzkter Wrote:  Hewlett Packard esta siguiendo los pasos de texas instruments, bloqueando el software para terceros?

Nope. However, we aren't going to put effort into making sure 3rd party implementations which were never correct continue to work. Things like stripping off information at the start of a program, or other shortcuts mean it may not continue working.

However, in this case I don't know what could have been broken since there were no changes in the protocol. Provided it was working before, it should have continued to work. It just wouldn't have been speed up since no inline compression on the transfers would be taking place on the old rev 1 protocol.

Quote:On HP Connectivity kit not working either?
I can't find the content tab :O

You could possibly read the documentation... :-)

You now can drag and drop content any which way you desire, and create content directly in the file browser. It is a much more consistent, useful, and expected interface.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
02-02-2015, 08:21 AM
Hello Erwin,

do you have any plans to adapt your fine and very usefull programs to the new firmware?

Thomas
02-02-2015, 04:02 PM
(02-02-2015 08:21 AM)Thomas_Sch Wrote:  Hello Erwin,

do you have any plans to adapt your fine and very usefull programs to the new firmware?

Thomas

Not in this moment. I don't really have an idea how to implement the send/receive concept properly without the send button from the calculator. Maybe I could make a "browser" to get stuff from the calculator, but basically my hype from the calculator is fading away, hence the will to adapt the code.

02-02-2015, 04:56 PM
(02-02-2015 04:02 PM)eried Wrote:  
(02-02-2015 08:21 AM)Thomas_Sch Wrote:  Hello Erwin,
Thomas
Not in this moment. I don't really have an idea how to implement the send/receive concept properly without the send button from the calculator. Maybe I could make a "browser" to get stuff from the calculator, but basically my hype from the calculator is fading away, hence the will to adapt the code.

Hello Erwin,
many thanks for your answer. That's a pity, but understandable.
Hopefully HP has a massive improvement of the connectivity kit on the agenda.

Tim?
02-02-2015, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 05:51 PM by debrouxl.)
Quote:I don't really have an idea how to implement the send/receive concept properly without the send button from the calculator.
libhpcalcs has never implemented the odd, broken transfer method which involves the send button, and it keeps being able to send files to / receive files from calculators running with modern firmware versions. But its UI sucks...

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)