Attaching HP-11c Logo badge
03-23-2015, 01:06 AM
Attaching HP-11c Logo badge
Anyone have any suggestions on the proper adhesive to use in replacing the logo badge on an HP-11c?

The calculator was obtained used from a friend, and the old badge (plastic) is quite worn. I'm replacing it with an original stamped metal badge from a machine with an earlier manufacture date.

Also interested in any tips and tricks anyone might know, for removing the old badge and getting the new one into proper position.

Regards,
-- johnb (aka forbin)

Daily drivers: 15c, 32sII, 35s, 41cx, 48g, WP 34s/31s. Favorite: 16c.
Latest: 15ce, 48s, 50g. Gateway drug: 28s found in yard sale ~2009.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2015, 02:14 AM
RE: Attaching HP-11c Logo badge
(03-23-2015 01:06 AM)johnb Wrote:  Anyone have any suggestions on the proper adhesive to use in replacing the logo badge on an HP-11c?

The calculator was obtained used from a friend, and the old badge (plastic) is quite worn. I'm replacing it with an original stamped metal badge from a machine with an earlier manufacture date.

Also interested in any tips and tricks anyone might know, for removing the old badge and getting the new one into proper position.

Regards,
-- johnb (aka forbin)

I've no suggestion for removing the metal badge, but the best adhesive I've found is JB Weld epoxy. It will strongly glue just about anything to anything, just use it sparingly to avoid excess coming out the sides, and let it cure the full period.

--Bob Prosperi
03-23-2015, 11:26 AM
RE: Attaching HP-11c Logo badge
(03-23-2015 02:14 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  ...but the best adhesive I've found is JB Weld epoxy. It will strongly glue just about anything to anything...

Thanks! And... Wow, I just looked this up online. Many different formulations.

I guess I'd be using one of the metal-to-metal formulas? (I'm assuming the metal bezel at the top of the 11c does NOT have a cut-through for the badge, but has an indentation instead... seems like I've seen that in a photo posted here or elsewhere.)

Daily drivers: 15c, 32sII, 35s, 41cx, 48g, WP 34s/31s. Favorite: 16c.
Latest: 15ce, 48s, 50g. Gateway drug: 28s found in yard sale ~2009.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)