How many Years Months and Days ?
03-16-2015, 12:12 PM
RE: How many Years Months and Days ?
Hi,
I think it's an uniformization of administration of English governement, like for USA and all others dominions.
In this time Australia was only a convicts land.
Many sites web confirm this switch i've found on WP 34s site.

More important is i'am waiting this day for my WP 34s (impatiently !), i have my HP 42s and HP 16 and i'am ready to "master" your amazing machine, before "mastering" it, i'am going to learn it, always be humble no?

Your trully,

Gérard.

Gérard.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2015, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2015 01:46 PM by Dieter.)
(03-16-2015 08:40 AM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote:  Yes this Excel calculation is for France because i am french. It easy to put your switch for Germany at 18/02/1700.

At that time there was not a unified state of "Germany". It was a more or less loose union called the "Holy Roman Empire of the German Nation". The region I live in switched on 16/27 Nov 1583. But I prefer a unified rule, so my programs use the "official" date, i.e. 4/15 Oct 1582.

Addendum:

(03-16-2015 08:40 AM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote:  (Thank's to Marcus von Cube editing dates of switches).

I'm not sure which edit you refer to, but I think the following link provides a nice and comprehensive overview for the European states:
The adoption of the Gregorian calendar.

You can see that also France did not switch on one single date. At that time some French regions like Strasbourg or Alsace were part of the Holy Roman Empire. Which in turn shows how closely French and German history have been related over the centuries (think of Charlemagne / Karl der Große).

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
03-16-2015, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2015 02:56 PM by Massimo Gnerucci.)
(03-16-2015 01:19 PM)Dieter Wrote:  You can see that also France did not switch on one single date. At that time some French regions like Strasbourg or Alsace were part of the Holy Roman Empire. Which in turn shows how closely French and German history have been related over the centuries (think of Charlemagne / Karl der Große).

Dieter

Since the Pope was here (and still is...) we switched on 1582 Oct 4 to 15.

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)