latest arrival...
02-27-2015, 01:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2015 01:43 AM by robert rozee.)
latest arrival...
worth mentioning, as it is something a little special. my sister spotted this at a local op-shop and grabbed it for me. the cost was only $2, likely because of the flat batteries :-)

condition is pretty much 'museum grade'.

cheers,
rob :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2015, 02:01 AM
RE: latest arrival...
What a nice find.
02-27-2015, 02:35 AM
(02-27-2015 01:42 AM)robert rozee Wrote:  worth mentioning, as it is something a little special. my sister spotted this at a local op-shop and grabbed it for me. the cost was only $2, likely because of the flat batteries :-)

cheers,
rob :-)

You need to give your sister a great, big, HUG!! What a deal!
02-27-2015, 02:52 AM
(02-27-2015 01:42 AM)robert rozee Wrote:  my sister spotted this at a local op-shop and grabbed it for me. the cost was only $2, likely because of the flat batteries :-)

Congratulations!! Great find! Enjoy!

d:-)
02-27-2015, 02:52 AM
Your sister knows you well and has a great eye! How did she know to get it for you?
02-27-2015, 04:41 AM
(02-27-2015 02:52 AM)Dan B Wrote:  Your sister knows you well and has a great eye! How did she know to get it for you?

just read your post to her, and she said "because i am clever". it also helps that she is an avid collector herself, though her vice is antique teddybears. she has the largest collection of antique teddybears in the southern hemisphere that was on display in a private museum up until the 2010/2011 earthquakes that destroyed much of inner-city christchurch. her collection is now in storage.
02-27-2015, 05:06 AM
Hi Rob,
good score, sometimes those op shops are worth visiting, unlike the glitz'ier type pawn shops, as they seem to do their homework on prices.
After over 30 years collecting, the most rewarding finds come from the most unlikely places.
Ray
02-27-2015, 07:08 PM
It was probably $2 because it's got the wrong value for pi. Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2015, 08:28 PM
Robert,

I believe you are going to like the 32s. I purchased mine new in 1989 and it was my daily work calculator until 2013, all in chemical plants (corrosive environment). It never missed a beat and is still going strong.

It has seen 115 deg F in the Mojave desert and -24 deg F in Finland in February.

The only function I remember wanting that it did not have was HMS+, which was provided by a short program. To me, the menu system works really well on this model.

Mark

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)