Barcode -> .raw file project ---- help requested
03-03-2015, 03:39 AM
RE: Barcode -> .raw file project ---- help requested
Fabulous!

By the way, your item is in the mail. :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2015, 03:49 AM
(03-03-2015 03:39 AM)Gene Wrote:  By the way, your item is in the mail. :-)

Thank you very much! 8-)
03-03-2015, 03:54 AM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 03:55 AM by Sylvain Cote.)
I would like to thank Robert Prosperi who has graciously offered himself to help me documenting the ROMS.
He his currently documenting Gene RawFiles ROMS 1 & 2 based on the latest Excel file format.
Sylvain
03-03-2015, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 08:00 AM by Ángel Martin.)
(03-03-2015 02:18 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  Mr. Angel, there is a missing FAT entry in the JARRETSP ROM.
In the MC program, line 132, the label "," (comma) is not the FAT.
in the Excel file I assumed XROM 18,61 for the LBL ","

Sorry about that, somehow my Morse messages never have commas ;-)

Great catch, never mind it's slow you're very thorough and more reliable than me. I had entered the wrong number of FAT functions in word at 0xp001, easy enough to amend - see attached.

Also took the opportunity to do some refinements to the CCD_APPS - removed a repeat program and added a couple more in the freed-up space.

Cheers,
Ángel

Attached File(s)
.zip  CCDAPPS.zip (Size: 8.92 KB / Downloads: 17)
03-04-2015, 01:28 PM
Hello Angel,

There is 4 entries in the FAT of the JARRETXF.ROM that is corrupted.

You see it in the following list and when you do a CAT 2.

Best regards,

Sylvain

ROM Filename : JARRETXF.ROM
------------------hex---dec----------------
XROM : $011 017
# Functions : $030 048
ROM Name : -JARRET XF
Pause Entry : $000
Program Entry : $000
Sleep Entry : $000
OFF Entry : $000
Service Entry : $000
ON Entry : $000
MemLost Entry : $000
ROM Revision : BO-OK
Checksum : $222 CHECKSUM NOT GOOD, should be $30F
NOPs Counted : 132

-XROM----ADDR--FUNCTION --------------
017.00 AFF3 -JARRET_XF MCode XROM 17.00 "-JARRET XF"
017.12 AAE4 "INTEG UCode XROM 17.12 "INTEG"
017.13 A6F9 " UCode XROM 17.13 function outside this page
017.14 A16D "MKX UCode XROM 17.14 "MKX"
017.44 AF82 "JND UCode XROM 17.44 "JND"
017.45 A405 " UCode XROM 17.45 function outside this page
017.46 A52E " UCode XROM 17.46 function outside this page
017.47 A514 " UCode XROM 17.47 function outside this page
03-05-2015, 02:19 AM
(03-03-2015 03:54 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  I would like to thank Robert Prosperi who has graciously offered himself to help me documenting the ROMS.
He his currently documenting Gene RawFiles ROMS 1 & 2 based on the latest Excel file format.
Sylvain

The documentation for the RAWFILES ROM is complete, I will email it to you after sending this note. I added a RAWFILES worksheet to the BOOKAPPS_Reference Excel file you sent; you can move it to the master file. I have not modified the ROM HEADERS and ROM FUNCTIONS pages, as they have likely changed anyhow.

Many thanks to Angel and Gene for selecting these programs and providing source information to collect the details.

After Angel completed this RAWFILES ROM, Gene found and sent some additional entertainment programs (here) which Angel used to make another (!) ROM. He sent me notes on this new ROM and I think it's enough to make a reference sheet like this one, but I have to take a closer look first. I'll let you know.

--Bob Prosperi
03-05-2015, 04:11 AM
.raw file project - what STAT programs are missing in 41CL roms ?
Was thinking about what else is missing in the 41CL rom selection.

Angel's Sandmath and Sandmatrix do wonders for all things math and matrix. There's the HP Stat module and curve fitting, but what else is not there?

The GRAW rom image includes a couple of math related programs that I wasn't sure were in a 41CL rom (might be but that doesn't mean I know where) :-)

These were:

DI - Double Integrals
LEARN - Learning Curve
SN - Snedecor's F distribution

What other stat distributions or stat functions are missing? I really like things like the normal distribution (in the Sandmath rom) because it replaces entire tables.

So what about ANOVA? etc ? What think all ?
03-05-2015, 09:24 AM
(03-04-2015 01:28 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  There is 4 entries in the FAT of the JARRETXF.ROM that is corrupted.
You see it in the following list and when you do a CAT 2.

ROM Filename : JARRETXF.ROM
------------------hex---dec----------------
XROM : $011 017
# Functions : $030 048
ROM Name : -JARRET XF
Pause Entry : $000
Program Entry : $000
Sleep Entry : $000
OFF Entry : $000
Service Entry : $000
ON Entry : $000
MemLost Entry : $000
ROM Revision : BO-OK
Checksum : $222 CHECKSUM NOT GOOD, should be $30F
NOPs Counted : 132

-XROM----ADDR--FUNCTION --------------
017.00 AFF3 -JARRET_XF MCode XROM 17.00 "-JARRET XF"
017.12 AAE4 "INTEG UCode XROM 17.12 "INTEG"
017.13 A6F9 " UCode XROM 17.13 function outside this page
017.14 A16D "MKX UCode XROM 17.14 "MKX"
017.44 AF82 "JND UCode XROM 17.44 "JND"
017.45 A405 " UCode XROM 17.45 function outside this page
017.46 A52E " UCode XROM 17.46 function outside this page
017.47 A514 " UCode XROM 17.47 function outside this page

Hi Sylvain, that's strange - I don't see any missing or corrupt entry in the FAT. It may be that you have only loaded the lower 4k page? The JARRET_APPS module is an 8k, so both the lower and the upper pages need to be plugged in contiguous blocks.

Can you check and let us know?

Cheers,
ÁM
03-05-2015, 10:52 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2015 10:54 AM by Ángel Martin.)
(03-05-2015 04:11 AM)Gene Wrote:  What other stat distributions or stat functions are missing? I really like things like the normal distribution (in the Sandmath rom) because it replaces entire tables.

So what about ANOVA? etc ? What think all ?

There are a couple of addtn'l stats function in the Curve_Fitting Module that never made it into the SandMath, as follows:

FDF F Density Function
"FDST" Snedecor's F Distribution
POIS Poisson Distribution
PSD Poisson Density Function
TDF T Density Function
TSDT Student's T Distribution

it also has several Curve Fitting FOCAL programs that add more juice to the package, you may want to read the QRG...

Besides those, stat's a-plenty are to be found in JM Baillard pages!

http://hp41programs.yolasite.com/statistic.php
03-05-2015, 12:25 PM
(03-05-2015 09:24 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Hi Sylvain, that's strange - I don't see any missing or corrupt entry in the FAT. It may be that you have only loaded the lower 4k page? The JARRET_APPS module is an 8k, so both the lower and the upper pages need to be plugged in contiguous blocks.
Yep, you are right.
Because the 2 FAT was not configured explicitly as a lower/upper ports, I wrongly assumed that there were together for convenience and not by design.
I went back to MLDL2K to verify the order of the ROMs in the MOD file, then load them into the Genesis-41 nut emulator and it work like a charm.
Sorry about the false warning.
Sylvain
03-05-2015, 05:11 PM
(03-05-2015 09:24 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Hi Sylvain, that's strange - I don't see any missing or corrupt entry in the FAT. It may be that you have only loaded the lower 4k page? The JARRET_APPS module is an 8k, so both the lower and the upper pages need to be plugged in contiguous blocks.

Cheers,
ÁM

Darn. Of course I loaded them in the wrong order in the CL memory map....
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Angel,

The fat entry for "PWAS" is missing in the JARRETXF.ROM

ROM,XROM,XREF,Type,Function,Linked,Group,References
JARRETXF,17,18,FOCAL,"PRAS","WAS",-JARRET XF,EFME P.047
JARRETXF,17,??,FOCAL,"PWAS","WAS",-JARRET XF,EFME P.047 [fat entry missing]
JARRETXF,17,20,FOCAL,"RAS","WAS",-JARRET XF,EFME P.047
JARRETXF,17,31,FOCAL,"WAS","WAS",-JARRET XF,EFME P.047

Best regards,

Sylvain
03-06-2015, 09:18 PM
Last (?) sets of raw files sent to Angel. These are a collection of Space and Earth sciences programs from the HP67/97 solution book of those names. The other collection includes some converted HP67/97 games from solution books that were not already duplicated by better versions of the same game elsewhere.

Hope I'm not boring everyone. :-)
03-07-2015, 07:59 AM
(03-06-2015 02:36 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  The fat entry for "PWAS" is missing in the JARRETXF.ROM

Sure enough it was missing! Thanks again for being so reliably thorough.

Attached is the corrected module.
Best,
'AM

Attached File(s)
.zip  JARRET_8K.zip (Size: 16.59 KB / Downloads: 13)
03-07-2015, 08:03 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 08:04 AM by Ángel Martin.)
(03-06-2015 09:18 PM)Gene Wrote:  Last (?) sets of raw files sent to Angel. These are a collection of Space and Earth sciences programs from the HP67/97 solution book of those names. The other collection includes some converted HP67/97 games from solution books that were not already duplicated by better versions of the same game elsewhere.

Hope I'm not boring everyone. :-)

Sooo... here's where I'm going to throw the towel folks, let's pause and reflect on the status of things - after all these modules don't grow on trees (Note: this is another way to say: mercy me! :-)

First let's make sure we have them all in good shape, all functions accounted for and all documentation finished. Then we can re-evaluate the next projects.

Makes sense?
'AM
03-07-2015, 12:35 PM
(03-07-2015 08:03 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Sooo... here's where I'm going to throw the towel folks, let's pause and reflect on the status of things - after all these modules don't grow on trees (Note: this is another way to say: mercy me! :-)

First let's make sure we have them all in good shape, all functions accounted for and all documentation finished. Then we can re-evaluate the next projects.

Makes sense?
'AM

Fiou! The tanker behind the F1 was having hard time catching up. ;-) LOL

Thank you all for sending the programs to Angel and THANK YOU Angel for making the modules.

The status of the documentation is ...
-PPC APPS done but missing input/output
-PPC APP2 done but missing input/output
WWDAPPS done but missing input/output
RAWFILES done but missing input/output (thanks Robert)
JARETTSP done but missing input/output
JARETTXF almost done with some input/output done
CCDAPPS to be done
MCCRNAK to be done
GERMAN1 to be done (I do not speak German, hoping the documentation is in english)
GERMAN2 to be done (I do not speak German, hoping the documentation is in english)

I will postpone the input/output documentation for later because it is a long validating process.
My goal now is to finish all the modules asap and then add the missing input/output info in round two.
I am spending the whole day on this.

Best regards,

Sylvain
03-07-2015, 12:58 PM
Angel, I hear you and I understand. Really! That's why I asked my question at the end of my post.

Honestly, I think I am done with these last ones.

I went through all of the solution book listings on TOS as well as the Museum's software library and cross checked against what was already in the 41CL. I did not copy the .raw files from the Astrology solutions book. :-)

I chose items that people might actually really one day use (people play games) and the games from the converted HP67/97 solution books are not duplicated by other pre-existing games in 41CL roms. So, I'm hopeful the games will see the light of day sometime.

The other set of raw files is from the space sciences and earth sciences solution book - and I think that's an area that isn't represented at all in the 41CL. I chose about 1/2 of each book to put together in the collection.

These are all HP 41 versions of the programs that were put together by Tony Duell (many thanks!) and were taken from the museum's library as it turns out.

And with that... I am done. Promise. At least for a good while. I don't know where to find more .raw files to include. I can't think of any holes in the software for the 41CL. Now I might eventually find some, but my promise is to hold on to it for a while if I do. :-)

Thanks to Sylvain and to Bob Prosperi for their immense help with the documentation. Thanks to Angel for his hours of work on these things.

If the three of us ever get together at an HHC (Or elsewhere) ... the meal is on me!
03-07-2015, 02:39 PM
(03-07-2015 12:35 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  
(03-07-2015 08:03 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Sooo... here's where I'm going to throw the towel folks, let's pause and reflect on the status of things - after all these modules don't grow on trees (Note: this is another way to say: mercy me! :-)

Makes sense?
'AM

Fiou! The tanker behind the F1 was having hard time catching up. ;-) LOL

Thank you all for sending the programs to Angel and THANK YOU Angel for making the modules.

The status of the documentation is ...
-PPC APPS done but missing input/output
-PPC APP2 done but missing input/output
WWDAPPS done but missing input/output
RAWFILES done but missing input/output (thanks Robert)
JARETTSP done but missing input/output
JARETTXF almost done with some input/output done
CCDAPPS to be done
MCCRNAK to be done
GERMAN1 to be done (I do not speak German, hoping the documentation is in english)
GERMAN2 to be done (I do not speak German, hoping the documentation is in english)

I will postpone the input/output documentation for later because it is a long validating process.
My goal now is to finish all the modules asap and then add the missing input/output info in round two.
I am spending the whole day on this.

Best regards,

Sylvain

I will take on the job of doing docs for the CCDAPPS ROM; I'm sure the CCD ROM manual is available on the TOS DVD. It's a good way to re-visit this old friend. Regretably, I traded my original CCD ROM/Overlay/Manual less than 2 years ago before seeing the new 41 light (CL, NoV, Pil-Box, etc.) I am hunting it down...

I have finally decided on which overlays to get from Michael and will order them today, hopefully I can work on this w/o the overlay in place.

--Bob Prosperi
03-10-2015, 12:42 AM
Angel,

On the JARRETXF ROM image, section -LEFT OVER,
the "IT" program does not start with a label, is this expected ?
Do you known from where the Clifford Stern "IT" program comes ?

Sylvain
03-10-2015, 07:05 AM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2015 07:19 AM by Ángel Martin.)
(03-10-2015 12:42 AM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  On the JARRETXF ROM image, section -LEFT OVER,
the "IT" program does not start with a label, is this expected ?
Do you known from where the Clifford Stern "IT" program comes ?

If I recall correctly "IT" was included in the .DAT file holding all the SPME programs. I put it in a different FAT section because the SPME FAT was already filling up and there were function name conflicts ("1", "2", and "3" are also in the Morse Code section).

I don't have the SPME book but I just looked into an online version (at TOS). The IT stands for 'Instruction Timer", and is thoroughly documented in the Appendix A - starting at page 143. In the program listing in page 149 you can see there's no global or local label at the beginning...

EDITED: I can see why you asked - In the book it's called "IN" , now I remember I changed the name to "IT" because 'IN" was already another program label in the same ROM image...

As to the weird fact that no global/local label is there, well it does the customary tricks with the PPC's "OM" functions so it's entirely feasible. I however wonder if it'll work from the ROM, or if it expects to be in RAM... some volunteer should test it ;-)

Best,
'AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)