HP EasyCalc 100
12-22-2014, 08:05 PM
HP EasyCalc 100
Anyone have one of these?

http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/newsroom/press_...-hires.pdf

If it's not the cheapest HP calculator ever made, it has to be close.

No RPN obviously, but how are the keys? At that price I'm not expecting them to be very good, and they don't have fairly decent tactile feedback I'm not interested.

It's not something I would use but it might make a nice stocking stuffer for the significant other who keeps my checkbook balanced :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-24-2014, 06:10 AM
RE: HP EasyCalc 100
(12-22-2014 08:05 PM)John Galt Wrote:  No RPN obviously, but how are the keys? At that price I'm not expecting them to be very good, and they don't have fairly decent tactile feedback I'm not interested.
I have one. The key feel is OK but not great. There is no click, but there is some nominal resistance when a key is pressed. The feel is more along the lines of a 20b than a 30b, if you're familiar with those.

John
12-24-2014, 11:31 AM
what if it was possible to upload new firmware, and we repurposed the "%" key as a multi-step shift key? how much of a scientific calculator could be made out of one of these? the one rule: no relabelling any keytops, apart from painting the "%" key yellow. all new labels to go on an overlay (ie, above keys).

cheers,
rob :-)
12-25-2014, 11:55 PM
Basic calculators maybe great for repourposing...but is difficult for it and emulating too...
Off question: Does HP have plans for new scientific calculators yet? Casio will be launch the Classwiz series of scientific calculators which is more powerful than HP 35s or HP 300s+ and I have no notices for a new HP scientific calculator.
12-27-2014, 01:36 AM
(12-25-2014 11:55 PM)Anderson Costa Wrote:  Does HP have plans for new scientific calculators yet? Casio will be launch the Classwiz series of scientific calculators which is more powerful than HP 35s or HP 300s+ and I have no notices for a new HP scientific calculator.

Those who might know won't tell. Though it may help knowing that HP's activity in that area started the WP 34S project.

d:-I
12-27-2014, 03:45 AM
(12-25-2014 11:55 PM)Anderson Costa Wrote:  Off question: Does HP have plans for new scientific calculators yet?

I wish I knew, but given HP's mind-boggling restructuring this year I despair it may not be their greatest concern at the moment.

41,000 jobs eliminated this year, with more to come in 2015. It's just sad.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)