Updates to HP Virtual Calculator hangs
12-03-2014, 05:05 PM
Updates to HP Virtual Calculator hangs
I have not been able to update the HP Virtual Calculator since I initially installed it from the CD that came with the calculator. It checks for updates each time I start the virtual calculator program, but one of two things happen:

1) program becomes non-responsive and hangs just as the download begins, or
2) download finished but then a "HPUpdateCheck" dialog box pops up with the very informative error message "Error".

Frustrated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2014, 05:20 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2014 05:22 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: Updates to HP Virtual Calculator hangs
Most likely it is a network thing (firewall, etc). Just download it it and install from here: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/calculators/Prime/..._11_24.exe [note the forum will add an HTTP in front, copy and paste the text instead]

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
12-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Thanks. I fetched it and installed without incident.

I have a brand new laptop and I've been installing my usual collection of programs like crazy for several days - with everything wanting to update itself from the net. The Connectivity Kit updated itself fine. It has to be a very peculiar network thing for the emulator to be my only app to fail to update itself.
12-03-2014, 05:35 PM
Well, it is actually a different update mechanism in the emulator since that is still MFC based and the connkit is using QT. Glad to know it worked for you.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)