is it a good time to buy a new HP Prime
11-21-2014, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 11-21-2014 01:14 PM by resolved.)
is it a good time to buy a new HP Prime
just wondering if HP is coming out with new hardware or new software for the HP Prime any time soon. I am looking to buy another prime, but was hoping HP would be coming out with something new to correct many of the posted bugs and other problems???

currently, what should I be looking for to get the newest model and not someone selling me a "NEW" HP Prime that is an old model...

thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-21-2014, 01:26 PM
RE: is it a good time to buy a new HP Prime
(11-21-2014 01:10 PM)resolved Wrote:  just wondering if HP is coming out with new hardware or new software for the HP Prime any time soon. I am looking to buy another prime, but was hoping HP would be coming out with something new to correct many of the posted bugs and other problems???

currently, what should I be looking for to get the newest model and not someone selling me a "NEW" HP Prime that is an old model...

thanks

Bugs are often fixed by simply doing a firmware update. I don't think it is necessary to buy new hardware just to get a newer firmware. However, you can determine if the calculator is the newer model based on its product number G8X92AA.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
11-24-2014, 10:17 AM
fixing the current bugs and adding some of the suggestions would be great, but like you said that can be handled with a firmware upgrade.

I was hoping that someone might know if HP was coming out with a better keyboard. I use the HP Prime daily and I simply can not read the baby blue lettering against the white background or the pale orange against the white background. I'll wait for a better keyboard before I buy again.
11-24-2014, 10:52 AM
If you're inquiring about the keyboard on the latest hardware rev c, I recently received one as a replacement for a hardware ver a. The keyboard is the same on both.

-Dale-

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)