ACT available
10-22-2015, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2015 11:25 AM by PANAMATIK.)
RE: ACT available
Overlays for HP-29C HP-34C

They finally arrived!

These two keyboard overlays fit on every woodstock calculator HP-21, HP-22, HP-25, HP-27, HP-29C, however most likely you will upgrade from one of the more common models 21/25 to one of the top calculators. All you need is a new ACT and the overlay.

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0Bwx8KUfOUL_RVDRzaGp6aTA3X1E]
Above you see the first woodstocks, that completely tranformed into another calculator model with approriate overlays for their new button functions. On the right a former HP-21 , now HP-29C, on the left a former HP-25 , now HP-34C.

The material is glossy PVC and it looks fine. Because it has black background, most of it is covered with printing colour, which is still somehow reflective, but more grainy. I don't have experience about its long time bevaviour. I sticked the buttons just some hours ago and they still have their place and colour seems remain fixed also. As this first order seems to having turned out successful, I will order also the HP-67E overlay next week.

Price will be 8,- Euro + shipping for one Overlay, 16,- Euro for the set of three (29E,34E,67E), shipping depends on country.

If you order the new ACT Infrared version with update kit, from now on you will get two overlays for free.

Does the new ACT now is really complete? Well, why not. Its jubilee time. One year ago I started the development and it has made a lot of calculators working again. Thanks to all of you!

Bernhard

That's one small step for a man - one giant leap for mankind.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2015, 05:23 PM
(10-22-2015 04:57 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  On the left a former HP-21 , now HP-29C, on the right a former HP-25 , now HP-34C.

lichtung

manche meinen
lechts und rinks
kann man nicht velwechsern
werch ein illtum

(Ernst Jandl)
10-22-2015, 05:28 PM
(10-22-2015 05:23 PM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  
(10-22-2015 04:57 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  On the left a former HP-21 , now HP-29C, on the right a former HP-25 , now HP-34C.

lichtung

manche meinen
lechts und rinks
werch ein illtum

(Ernst Jandl)

Sehr schönes Gelicht! Danke Smile Bereits korrigiert!

10-23-2015, 11:29 AM
(10-22-2015 05:23 PM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  lichtung

manche meinen
lechts und rinks
werch ein illtum

(Ernst Jandl)

Isn't that poem by "Elnst Jandr" ;-)
10-24-2015, 01:05 AM
(10-23-2015 11:29 AM)Harald Wrote:  Isn't that poem by "Elnst Jandr" ;-)

Latürnich!
11-15-2015, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-15-2015 09:17 PM by PANAMATIK.)
Now all three vinyl Overlays are available!

Transform your Woodstock calculator in any of these models.

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0Bwx8KUfOUL_RZUdQLTlBUWhpa1k][Image: uc?export=view&id=0Bwx8KUfOUL_Rc0QwMUJiR3FkbUU][Image: uc?export=view&id=0Bwx8KUfOUL_RTkY5MXhYbnpNRk0]

The button size of all models has been slightly reduced and row distance has been adjusted to fit as best as possible compared to the first batch.

If you want to order just PM or mail. 8,- Euro each or 16,- Euro per set + 2,- Euro shipping or order the new ACT with Update kit, which includes the set of all three overlays. You will get also an overlay from the first batch for free for training the perfect placing.

Bernhard

11-15-2015, 09:23 PM
The second picture in the previous post is detected as infected by Avast.

Panamatik, would you mind checking if it was altered ?

Thanks.
11-15-2015, 09:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2015 11:17 AM by PANAMATIK.)
(11-15-2015 09:23 PM)jch Wrote:  The second picture in the previous post is detected as infected by Avast.

Panamatik, would you mind checking if it was altered ?

Hm... I just edited the first and second picture with gimp, the third is a simple screenshot I made, and I uploaded them five minutes ago. They are original.

Edit: Checked again with Online Virus check google drive. You might have to complain at Avast?? The physical vinyl Overlays themselves are surely proved free of any computer infection (except Avast detects it) Smile

Bernhard

11-16-2015, 08:18 PM
False positive confirmed, AV database updated and VirusTotal result helped exonerate the picture.

(11-15-2015 09:34 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  The physical vinyl Overlays themselves are surely proved free of any computer infection (except Avast detects it) Smile

Hehe, these Overlays not, but if your next release uses dynamic labelling... Wink
11-20-2015, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-2015 02:59 PM by PANAMATIK.)
My first HP-67E with Overlay

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0Bwx8KUfOUL_RU1RLcnBkcV80UHc]

The base is an ordinary HP-21 calculator. You can still see the blue prefix button on the upper right. The overlay fits perfectly now after a 0.125 mm adjustment in row distance. See also recent posts for the other overlays. The buttons of the previous vinyl now were four weeks on my calculator and it performed very well, no color changed or removed, no glue problems. Well, perhaps made in germany is still a good quality (if it is not a diesel car).

Bernhard

11-20-2015, 05:59 PM
Looks so schwiiieht ... ummh ... sweet.

d:-)
11-20-2015, 06:33 PM
(11-20-2015 05:59 PM)walter b Wrote:  Looks so schwiiieht ... ummh ... sweet.

d:-)

Is your sweet HP-29C with new ACT still working? You can transform it now to a sweet HP-67E. Smile

Bernhard

11-20-2015, 08:32 PM
(11-20-2015 02:57 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  My first HP-67E with Overlay

[Image: uc?export=view&id=0Bwx8KUfOUL_RU1RLcnBkcV80UHc]

The base is an ordinary HP-21 calculator. You can still see the blue prefix button on the upper right. The overlay fits perfectly now after a 0.125 mm adjustment in row distance. See also recent posts for the other overlays. The buttons of the previous vinyl now were four weeks on my calculator and it performed very well, no color changed or removed, no glue problems. Well, perhaps made in germany is still a good quality (if it is not a diesel car).

Bernhard

Looking forward to the letter in my mailbox Smile
11-20-2015, 10:58 PM
(11-20-2015 08:32 PM)Harald Wrote:  Looking forward to the letter in my mailbox Smile

The letter will be soon in your mailbox, assuming the quality of the "Deutsche Post" is as good as the quality of the overlays. I put it in the post box already in the afternoon. Smile

Bernhard

11-21-2015, 12:13 AM
Just for the group knowledge, there is now an HP 27 on Ebay by an Italian seller, in pristine conditions, with manual, box, charger... But seems to have a fried ACT. The guy asks for 200 euro, but that's too much for me... Tried with lower offers but were declined.

If somebody finds it interesting, I can say that have ordered a pair of calculators from him, an he is a nice guy. One of them had a faulty display, but was sold as untested (corroded battery contacts) for a terrific price.
11-21-2015, 12:30 AM
(11-21-2015 12:13 AM)ElectroDuende Wrote:  Just for the group knowledge, there is now an HP 27 on Ebay by an Italian seller, in pristine conditions, with manual, box, charger... But seems to have a fried ACT. The guy asks for 200 euro, but that's too much for me... Tried with lower offers but were declined.

There is another HP-27 in working condition from Canada 73 $ only 3 hours to go. The prices should be reverse. Smile Good luck to anybody.

If you like to get a cheaper HP-27, buy a defective HP-21/25 then insert an HP-27 programmed ACT with HP-27 overlays (still to make, I am not prepared for this rare case). Smile

Bernhard

11-21-2015, 06:59 PM
(11-20-2015 10:58 PM)PANAMATIK Wrote:  
(11-20-2015 08:32 PM)Harald Wrote:  Looking forward to the letter in my mailbox Smile

The letter will be soon in your mailbox, assuming the quality of the "Deutsche Post" is as good as the quality of the overlays. I put it in the post box already in the afternoon. Smile

Bernhard

Deutsche Post didn't disapoint, I reveived my overlays today. Thank you Bernhard!
12-18-2015, 01:07 AM
Months ago, I was asked whether I would offer a repair of woodstock calculators instead of delivering only the ACT repair kit for doing it yourself. My answer was no, because I did not have the resources and enough time for a repair facility. But there might be a demand for those calculator owners, who want their beloved calculator be repaired but are not able to grab a soldering iron or are not trained or do not even know what that is and how it looks like.

So I decided to start an experiment, because it's near christmas now, to offer a complete repair by replacing the ACT of anybodys woodstock calculator, who is not familiar with a soldering iron. If you send your calculator to me, I cannot promise, that your calculator will be repairable, but I will promise to give up only after I tried my best. If the repair was successfull, you will receive your calculator back with a new ACT inside. If there was no repair possible, I will send back the calculator with its original ACT chip in a socket, perhaps adding some comments.

My offer is limited until end of january, because this is the date, where the first ACT was delivered one year ago, or if I run out of "new ACTs". The offer is valid for HP-21 and HP-25/25C only, not for the more precious collectibles, where I fear I could make a scratch somewhere accidentally.

The repair price is the same as for the repair kit 80,- Euro but some higher 6,90 Euro for shipping.

If you like this offer, please send a PM or email for receiving further details.

I wish you a Merry Christmas! Smile

Bernhard

12-20-2015, 08:19 PM
I bought the Italian 27 mentioned above (for less than the asking price) thinking it had a dead ACT and intending to replace with PANAMATIK's excellent New ACT (I have a 25E already!). Turned out the 27 only needed a cleaning and it works perfectly :-) The same week I low ball offered for another "dead" 27 and it also only needed a cleaning! Since I already had a 27 in my collection I now have 3 working ones and no candidate for a 27E!?

Mark
12-20-2015, 08:57 PM
(12-20-2015 08:19 PM)markhen57 Wrote:  I now have 3 working ones and no candidate for a 27E!?

Do you have the charger? You could try it without a battery pack et voilà ...

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)