Wireless Kit - Recording class data
09-29-2014, 01:00 PM
Wireless Kit - Recording class data
I've started using Wireless kit with Primes in a classroom. Kids are divided in, say, 5 groups and they perform experiments with the attached probes and record data. The recorded data, one way or another, are exported to Stats 1 or 2 vars at the end (of the class, but not the and of work).

Now, my kids use school's calculators that they are not allowed to take home. I want them to use the data collected in class to work on and analyse at home. The best thing I can think of is to advise them to use Virtual Prime on their computers at home.

The main question is (and this is not an unimportant detail) is how to, efficiently, let them work with the data collected in class?

The best I can think of is to ask each group to tell me when they are done, then use wireless kit to go into their group calculator and see their Dx or Cx lists of data, then copy it and place it in some online spreadsheet (Google Sheet?) and then share the data with the kids, so that they could import it back to their HP Prime Emulator at home work on it, and then export it somewhere else (new Google Sheet?) when they are done.

Even if it works, it's hardly practical (and even less inspiring) - I'll basically turn them off from using any such thing if I insist on it. Is there a better way?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2014, 02:24 PM
RE: Wireless Kit - Recording class data
When the data is captured, it will go into the stat 2 var application on export. You can then easily pull that by expanding the calculator on the tree. That application can be bundled and sent.

Drag the application somewhere, and then you have what is needed. Note that if you'd prefer, just open the "hp connectivity kit/Calcs" directory once you've clicked on it to pull the content and a complete snapshot of that calc will be there. Then you could grab from that directory instead.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)