hp prime Date command
08-31-2014, 02:07 PM
hp prime Date command
Hello,
I was very happy to discover on this forum the existence of the 'Date' command on the Prime allowing me to write some programs using the current date.

What seems strange to me is that i didn't find this command in the manual or on the onboard help (maybe i didn't see it?)

Do you know if there are other (un)documented commands for the prime?

Why this command has been written mixing upper and lower case chars?

The result of this command in Home is a number formatted like this: 2014.0830 which is a different format from the previous calcs...

Thanks

Giancarlo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2014, 02:12 PM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2014 02:12 PM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: hp prime Date command
It is a variable, not a command. Mixed Case items are variables and (?) universally mixed case when they go on more then a single letter/digit combo.

VARS->HOME->SETTINGS

Page 576 in the system setting variables section or so.

The primary difference between variables and functions is that you can store into a variable. So to change the date, or time, or angle setting, etc you write to that named object.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
09-01-2014, 05:49 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 05:50 AM by Giancarlo.)
RE: hp prime Date command
Hello Tim and thank you very much for clarifying.

Now it's clear and make sense to me.

It seems that the date settings affect only the calendar available on the top of the screen and not the 'Date' variable.
Are there other variables to detect date settings like dd.mmyyyy or mm.ddyyyy and if the first day of the week is monday or sunday? This question in order to output the dates in hppl programs in the format the user is used to...

Do you think it would be possible in the future to have a kind of alarm? I am not referring to a buzzer here but the possibility for the calculator to wake up at a given date/hour and eventually execute programs?

Is this a sw modification or it is more complex than this?

Thanks for any information you could provide,

Giancarlo

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)