Prime Key Font
08-05-2014, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2014 10:26 PM by Tim Wessman.)
Prime Key Font
Hello,

For those of you looking to make documents and such, here is the TTF font that was made to do so. I wanted to tweak the character mapping first before release to fix a few problems. It is quite good now and I think ready to let loose so to speak.

Here is the key mapping:

[attachment=986]

[attachment=987]

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2014, 08:02 PM
RE: Prime Key Font
Tim, is there a similar font file for the creation of menu items?

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
10-12-2014, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2014 08:56 PM by Tim Wessman.)
No, there is not. It would be pretty much impossible to do. However, you can get a very nice look in the document simply by making the text white with black background.

What I probably should do is make it easier to get menu key graphics alone in the screenshot utility built into the emulator or connkit.

TW

10-13-2014, 01:38 AM
Last font question: What is the font used in the HP Prime? Is that a freely available TTF as well? I vaguely remember you posting about it in the past but cannot seem to find the post.

10-13-2014, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2014 02:08 AM by Tim Wessman.)
Droid Sans family. The primary font is Droid Sans Fallback Full. Connkit should have a copy locally in the directory.

TW

11-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Some of the characters in the HP Prime's font are different from the ones available freely on the net (e.g. J in Droid Sans and similar fonts dips below like the bottom portion of p or q). I don't suppose there is an HP-modified version you can distribute.

11-12-2014, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2014 08:02 PM by Tim Wessman.)
It is in the connkit install directory.

Also, for the future we'll be installing it on the system and so I renamed it and gave a new identifier to something like Prime Sans instead to avoid conflicts.

TW

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)