Online ordering of museum cd's
07-16-2014, 03:59 PM
Online ordering of museum cd's
After reading what the forum offers about HP27S (my daily work calculator), I found out that I realle NEED a copy of the technical applications manual for HP19B/27S, present in museum CD1.

As I will be paying almost as much for the shipping than for the CD itself, and thinking that I've not inserted a CD in my computer for the last two years (last one doesn't even have a CD drive!...) is there any option of making the purchase, paying with PPal, and getting some kind of "download code" for the files?

Many thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2014, 04:27 PM
RE: Online ordering of museum cd's
(07-16-2014 03:59 PM)ElectroDuende Wrote:  After reading what the forum offers about HP27S (my daily work calculator), I found out that I realle NEED a copy of the technical applications manual for HP19B/27S, present in museum CD1.

As I will be paying almost as much for the shipping than for the CD itself, and thinking that I've not inserted a CD in my computer for the last two years (last one doesn't even have a CD drive!...) is there any option of making the purchase, paying with PPal, and getting some kind of "download code" for the files?

Many thanks in advance.

I was going to reply "Yes, I'll sell you one for half the cost" but knew the joke would backfire and get ugly, so I won't.

I strongly recommend you get the full DVD set. You may only want that one manual now, but your presence in this forum indicates that in time, you will definitely want to see others, plus the DVD set includes many, many items you probably never even knew about, which also are certain to be of interest.

Best money you can spend for this particular hobby.

--Bob Prosperi
09-17-2014, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2014 09:53 AM by ElectroDuende.)
(07-16-2014 04:27 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I was going to reply "Yes, I'll sell you one for half the cost" but knew the joke would backfire and get ugly, so I won't.

After all the work that the creation of the CD's involved, I'd never dare to suggest that. As I told in the beginning, I want to do things right.

(07-16-2014 04:27 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  I strongly recommend you get the full DVD set. You may only want that one manual now, but your presence in this forum indicates that in time, you will definitely want to see others, plus the DVD set includes many, many items you probably never even knew about, which also are certain to be of interest.

Best money you can spend for this particular hobby.

I finally ordered the physical CD; yes, just CD1, as almost all documents that interest me are in it. Mainly the Technical Applications for 27S and 19B and the 15C advanced functions (I found a 15c in very good shape for a reasonable price... lower than $100; even a bargain, I must say... no sorry, the seller had only one).

If this "collecting virus" gets worse, I'd order the full DVD...
09-17-2014, 12:42 PM
(09-17-2014 09:49 AM)ElectroDuende Wrote:  If this "collecting virus" gets worse, I'd order the full DVD...

It almost always does (get worse)....

Share with us any interesting results after working thru the Technical Applications Manual; lots of folks here interested in advanced uses of the solver.

And ditto for the 15C Adv Functions

--Bob Prosperi
09-17-2014, 01:01 PM
I have the same problem. I would like to pay the full cost of the DVD but I do not want the physical one. First my laptop doesn't have a DVD driver. It's an Ultrabook. Second the shipping cost is quite high. Plus it's quite unconvenient. The national package delivering system is slow and unstable. Package can get lost easily. Internet is an economical and convenient solution. So why not offer us an option?
09-17-2014, 01:04 PM
(09-17-2014 12:42 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(09-17-2014 09:49 AM)ElectroDuende Wrote:  If this "collecting virus" gets worse, I'd order the full DVD...

It almost always does (get worse)....

My wife will be happy to read that :-)

I've just seen that the 15c advanced functions handbook is freely available in hp website... nice! well, still want the technical applications...
09-17-2014, 02:25 PM
(09-17-2014 01:01 PM)Waon Shinyoe Wrote:  I have the same problem. I would like to pay the full cost of the DVD but I do not want the physical one. First my laptop doesn't have a DVD driver. [...]

Same for me - I would be interested in the DVD, but have no DVD reader anymore on any of my Macs. A PayPal download option would be great...
09-17-2014, 06:17 PM
(09-17-2014 01:04 PM)ElectroDuende Wrote:  My wife will be happy to read that :-)

They always are! Confused

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)