Public Beta Availiable - Win/Firmware
04-18-2021, 10:07 AM
RE: Public Beta Availiable - Win/Firmware
Firefox has mathml support, while Chrome does not (Edge probably too), this is provided by mathjax and will therefore fail sometimes (for example if you are really offline). In addition, Chrome is about 5* slower than Firefox if Xcas is using JS+asmjs (and not wasm), I did not check recently (Chrome is no more compatible with my old Mac OS X.10).
And Firefox is free software, while Chrome, Edge, Safari are not, I believe it's still a good idea to recommend using free softwares. If there are not enough free browser users who knows how the web could evolve...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2021, 11:47 AM
Full agreement ref the recommendation of free open standards software but it's worth noting that Chrome provides decent MathML compliance these days.

https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5240822173794304
04-18-2021, 05:50 PM
Hello,

I see that there was no change to the macOS version of the connectivity kit yet.

I happened to install the version from the HP website on my M1 Macbook Pro yesterday and found that there was no way to drag an application folder from the Finder to the calculator(s) in the connectivity kit (either the virtual or a physical calc). I would drag the folder to the Applcation Library in the CK, and it would just "fly" back over to the finder window I was dragging it from. The green "+" sign would appear when I hovered it over the App library, but as soon as I release it to drop it in, it would fail to drop. Is this a known bug in the current version for macOS, or is it specific to the M1 based Macs by chance?

I ended up switching to my Windows 10 gaming machine to get the folder to copy over.
04-18-2021, 06:24 PM
Impossible to install the new beta version !? Really I'm wondering WHY.
When I clic to install CK and emulator nothing happen. Before this beta version
no problem. The only way here is to install by Windows system 32....
But I need a friend to do the work because I dont know how to do.
I see in the forum many case of problem to install.

Please correct this. (Windows 10 Pro, 64 bits)

Gérard.
04-18-2021, 09:30 PM
(04-18-2021 06:24 PM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote:  Impossible to install the new beta version !? Really I'm wondering WHY.
When I clic to install CK and emulator nothing happen. Before this beta version
no problem. The only way here is to install by Windows system 32....
But I need a friend to do the work because I dont know how to do.
I see in the forum many case of problem to install.

Please correct this. (Windows 10 Pro, 64 bits)

This problem should now be resolved. You will have to download the 64-bit installed again as it has been updated. See:
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-16...#pid146319
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-18-2021, 10:31 PM
If I installed it successfully about 2 hours ago, is there any reason to do it again?

I downloaded from the hpcalc site at that time.
04-19-2021, 12:41 AM
(04-18-2021 10:31 PM)spiff72 Wrote:  If I installed it successfully about 2 hours ago, is there any reason to do it again?

You should be good. The problem affected people who downloaded the 64-bit installer before Eric fixed it on April 18.
04-19-2021, 01:01 AM
(04-19-2021 12:41 AM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  
(04-18-2021 10:31 PM)spiff72 Wrote:  If I installed it successfully about 2 hours ago, is there any reason to do it again?

You should be good. The problem affected people who downloaded the 64-bit installer before Eric fixed it on April 18.

OK thanks. I went back and looked at the date that the file was uploaded here:
https://www.hpcalc.org/details/8914

Looks like that was on 4/16. Again - I had no trouble with the installation, so I will leave it be for now.

One additional general question about the update - where is the referenced refresh rate (flicker) adjustment in the GUI? I looked around on my now-updated G2, and I can't find it in the settings GUI (still 4 pages worth of options there). Am I looking in the wrong place?
04-19-2021, 01:59 AM
Hello dear people, thanks a lot great developers for the new version. It's awesome.

Can you please, add a better display when I use the HP Prime Emulator (on the PC) with the maximized window (or a Large Skin), it looks blurry Sad
04-19-2021, 04:24 AM
(04-19-2021 01:59 AM)Archanus Wrote:  Hello dear people, thanks a lot great developers for the new version. It's awesome.

Can you please, add a better display when I use the HP Prime Emulator (on the PC) with the maximized window (or a Large Skin), it looks blurry Sad

Are you referring to the calculator skin or the screen? If it's the screen, then it's just the anti aliasing HP applies to the text. We had a whole debate about it here: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-13247.html

Cemetech | YouTube
04-19-2021, 06:19 AM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2021 06:21 AM by Archanus.)
(04-19-2021 04:24 AM)TheLastMillennial Wrote:  Are you referring to the calculator skin or the screen? If it's the screen, then it's just the anti aliasing HP applies to the text. We had a whole debate about it here: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-13247.html

Hello dear bro, I am talking about this (on the computer, with the Emulator):
https://imgur.com/a/33GBJoz
As you can see the Skin I use looks great, but the Screen looks terrible. Why can't be like the "zoom in a normal browser", vectorial text or something like that

I don't have any problems with Text Rendering in the Physical Calculator (although I wish to have better rendering, it's ok for me)
04-19-2021, 06:25 AM
Hello,

>One additional general question about the update - where is the referenced refresh rate (flicker) adjustment in the GUI?

It's a ON+shift + + or - key combo..
press and hold ON and shift. then press + or - without release on and shift...

high refresh rates means slower calculator and higher power consumption.

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
04-19-2021, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2021 08:02 AM by ggauny@live.fr.)
@ Steve Simpkin,

Thanks for your answer.

Gérard.
04-19-2021, 04:45 PM
(04-19-2021 06:25 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

>One additional general question about the update - where is the referenced refresh rate (flicker) adjustment in the GUI?

Cyrille

Got it! Thanks. Note to self - make sure to press ON-SHIFT (in that order), not SHIFT-ON (which seems to do a warmstart?)...
04-23-2021, 09:34 AM
(04-19-2021 06:25 AM)cyrille de brébisson Wrote:  Hello,

Cyrille

Thanks. What was the default refresh setting on previous versions ?
Highest ? Lowest ? Something else ?
04-23-2021, 08:56 PM
(04-23-2021 09:34 AM)critor Wrote:  Thanks. What was the default refresh setting on previous versions ?

My own notes say:

On + Shift +/- adjust refresh rate: 55–125Hz
steps of 10Hz
Higher rates use more power
default: 55Hz

but I don't seem to have a reference for that.

Cambridge, UK
41CL/DM41X 12/15C/16C DM15/16 17B/II/II+ 28S 42S/DM42 32SII 48GX 50g 35s WP34S PrimeG2 WP43S/pilot
Casio, Rockwell 18R
04-23-2021, 09:34 PM
(04-23-2021 08:56 PM)cdmackay Wrote:  
(04-23-2021 09:34 AM)critor Wrote:  Thanks. What was the default refresh setting on previous versions ?

My own notes say:

On + Shift +/- adjust refresh rate: 55–125Hz
steps of 10Hz
Higher rates use more power
default: 55Hz

but I don't seem to have a reference for that.

That was mentioned here.

--Bob Prosperi
04-24-2021, 01:27 AM
I am playing with the Python environment using the HP Prime Virtual Calculator beta 2.1.14558 under Windows, and the HP Connectivity Kit of the same version. Its all very exciting.

Double clicking on a Python file listed within the Python App within the connectivity kit happens to open that Python file in Visual Studio Code on my windows machine - nice! I get glorious Python syntax highlighting and am able to edit the Python code using code completion etc.

However saving the file e.g. C:\Users\Andy\Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Calculators\HP Prime\PythonAndy1.hpappdir\test1.py does not update the HP Prime Virtual Calculator version of that file, so any edits I do in vscode are useless. Quitting the HP Prime Virtual Calculator and restarting it doesn't help since the python file in question simply disappears and then re-appears when the HP Prime Virtual Calculator is restarted - with the old, original version of the Python file.

Is there a way to get the HP Prime Virtual Calculator to rescan the disk and load in the latest version of a Python file? This would be a game changer.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)