Parametric app questions
06-18-2014, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2014 07:00 PM by Rich.)
Parametric app questions
Hi,

I have been using the Hp Prime to model control systems for school. One the plots i have been using is the parametric plot to model the Bode gain and phase diagrams which are typically plotted on a log-log scale. Does the Hp Prime have a log log scale option? Currently I am setting the function to Log(y), Log(x) to get the scaling right, but it would be nice to switch between log values and actual values quickly.

Also, I am trying to come up with a solution to make my parametric plots, plot faster and smoother when x/y approaches an asymptotic value as T --> infinity. I set the T range pretty high and in turn that makes my plot very slow, freezing up, and crashes if i try to pinch zoom when its doing any sort of thinking.

Thanks,

While I am asking, maybe some more parametric plot love, too, like autoscale for tick marks, viewable asymptotes, slope, intercepts, and intersection. (I have not seen these on the TI nSpire CX CAS I have (for parametric), so maybe it's not possible...)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2014, 02:00 AM
RE: Parametric app questions
I'm not aware of log scale settings available yet.

Check on pg 2 of plot settings. Fixed step may be faster than adaptive.
06-19-2014, 05:11 AM
RE: Parametric app questions
Thank you, the change from adaptive settings to fixed segments helped a bit.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)