Vintage Calculator Repair - FWIW
03-16-2021, 09:49 PM
Vintage Calculator Repair - FWIW
I tried to email, then call the number on the website.

Now, it looks like the website is suspended/gone.

http://www.vintagecalculatorrepair.com
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2021, 01:05 AM
RE: Vintage Calculator Repair - FWIW
Sadly, I was informed that Bruce Larrabee passed away last year.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-17-2021, 09:57 AM
Poor timing on my part. He had a very extensive BIO on his site, after I read that, I thought, wow, it would be really neat to talk to this guy.
03-17-2021, 02:09 PM
(03-16-2021 09:49 PM)dhe Wrote:  I tried to email, then call the number on the website.

I'm not glad he's dead but he really screwed me over. I asked him to fix my HP 9100B which wasn't calculating transcendental functions correctly. He said he had never worked on one but he'd take a look at it and not charge me anything except postage if he couldn't fix it. I sent it to him and after a few weeks, he said that he gave up and that if I wanted it back I'd have to send him $500.00 plus postage to get it back. I reminded him of what he told me and he still refused to send it back. I couldn't afford the $500.00 so he kept it. A few years later I saw it on eBay where it sold for about $3000.00. I know it was mine since it had rubber legs added to the bottom which were unique to my unit (I had made the legs myself so I recognized them)

Tom L
Cui bono?
03-18-2021, 09:26 PM
(03-17-2021 02:09 PM)toml_12953 Wrote:  
(03-16-2021 09:49 PM)dhe Wrote:  I tried to email, then call the number on the website.

I'm not glad he's dead but he really screwed me over. I asked him to fix my HP 9100B which wasn't calculating transcendental functions correctly. He said he had never worked on one but he'd take a look at it and not charge me anything except postage if he couldn't fix it. I sent it to him and after a few weeks, he said that he gave up and that if I wanted it back I'd have to send him $500.00 plus postage to get it back. I reminded him of what he told me and he still refused to send it back. I couldn't afford the $500.00 so he kept it. A few years later I saw it on eBay where it sold for about $3000.00. I know it was mine since it had rubber legs added to the bottom which were unique to my unit (I had made the legs myself so I recognized them)

Wow that is really a horrible story. I was sad to read it.

I wonder if Tony in the UK is doing HP repairs and whether he has any time. He seems to be the leading guy in knowing HP internals and being able to fix anything. He is a member here but I think does not sign on often.

It ain't OVER 'till it's 2 PICK

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)