ColorCube: Navigating and Selecting Colors in the Context of an RGB Color Cube
06-06-2014, 09:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 02:48 PM by Jsather.)
ColorCube: Navigating and Selecting Colors in the Context of an RGB Color Cube
The possible colors of an RGB Pixel can be thought of as a color cube with edges aligned on red, green, and blue axis. ColorCube draws the color cube in slices, and allows you to navigate about and select colors within the context of the color cube.

ColorCube Rem is heavily remarked and causes syntax errors due to comments in the middle of certain commands. I'm attaching it only for program documentation. ColorCube NoRem has no remarks and compiles without error.

ReadMe ColorCube.docx describes operation. Also, the Help key is active and offers a basic overview. The ReadMe file was originally .rtf. The Web page wouldn't allow attachment of an .rtf file for some reason so I did a quick save as Word file. Please let me know if the ReadMe file gives any trouble.

I've attached screen captures showing examples of Course and Fine Mode. I had trouble getting these at first but managed it eventually via judicious placement of a FREEZE command.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.docx  ReadMe ColorCube.docx (Size: 18.5 KB / Downloads: 65)
.txt  ColorCube NoRem.txt (Size: 34.22 KB / Downloads: 80)
.txt  ColorCube Rem.txt (Size: 66.49 KB / Downloads: 66)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2014, 12:46 AM
RE: ColorCube: Navigating and Selecting Colors in the Context of an RGB Color Cube
Looks very nice!

Like a native app, we just need customized icon apps to complete that illusion Big Grin

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2014, 01:45 AM
RE: ColorCube: Navigating and Selecting Colors in the Context of an RGB Color Cube
You should use the emulator for the pictures.

Patrice
“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.” Albert Einstein
06-07-2014, 03:14 AM
This makes me want a Prime
oh well...

Thanks
~~~~8< Art >8~~~~

PS: Please post more 50G stuff :)
06-18-2014, 09:55 PM
(06-07-2014 12:46 AM)eried Wrote:  Like a native app, we just need customized icon apps to complete that illusion Big Grin
Is there anyway to customize an App and provide your own ICON for the APP selection screen? For example, a spreadsheet with a custom ICON.

Wishful thinking?
06-18-2014, 10:27 PM
(06-18-2014 09:55 PM)Jsather Wrote:  
(06-07-2014 12:46 AM)eried Wrote:  Like a native app, we just need customized icon apps to complete that illusion Big Grin
Is there anyway to customize an App and provide your own ICON for the APP selection screen? For example, a spreadsheet with a custom ICON.

Wishful thinking?

Not at this moment but thats probably the purpose of the "icon" command (used now just to store a png file)

06-21-2014, 05:10 AM
(06-18-2014 10:27 PM)eried Wrote:  
(06-18-2014 09:55 PM)Jsather Wrote:  Is there anyway to customize an App and provide your own ICON for the APP selection screen? For example, a spreadsheet with a custom ICON.

Not at this moment but thats probably the purpose of the "icon" command (used now just to store a png file)

The Help screen for the ICON command (firmware rev 6030) includes this tantalizing sentence:

"Note that in an application program, if the name of a 38*38 ICON is ICON then this graphic will be used as the application icon!"

Has anybody gotten this to work?

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
06-21-2014, 07:54 PM
(06-21-2014 05:10 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  The Help screen for the ICON command (firmware rev 6030) includes this tantalizing sentence:

"Note that in an application program, if the name of a 38*38 ICON is ICON then this graphic will be used as the application icon!"

Following J.Horn's tip, I used DimGrob Helper to draw a simple 38x38 Icon named "ICON" and convert it to text. I verified the text is good with the attached program, TestIcon, which yields the attached screenshot.

I am working on a custom App named MyColors based on the Spreadsheet App. The attached MyColors.txt file is a program using the same icon text as used in TestIcon. The presence of this code does not modify the App Menu icon for MyColors. It still displays the standard spreadsheet icon. I'm hoping someone who reads this might be able to modify MyColors.txt so that my Icon is substituted for the spreadsheet icon as the MyColors icon on the App Menu.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  TestIcon.txt (Size: 714 bytes / Downloads: 23)
.txt  MyColors.txt (Size: 668 bytes / Downloads: 17)
06-22-2014, 12:32 AM
(06-21-2014 05:10 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  The Help screen for the ICON command (firmware rev 6030) includes this tantalizing sentence:

Where is that help screen? The only entry I have with IC* is icontent in the catalog.

06-22-2014, 06:00 AM
(06-22-2014 12:32 AM)eried Wrote:  
(06-21-2014 05:10 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  The Help screen for the ICON command (firmware rev 6030) ...

Where is that help screen? The only entry I have with IC* is icontent in the catalog.

It's currently only in the Help Tree. The fastest way to get there is:
  1. Home
  2. type RGB (don't press Enter) and then press Help
  3. Tree
  4. down-cursor three times
  5. OK
Amazing to tell, the ICON help screen was also in rev 5447, so we've had that information in our hands for about 7 months now. What other goodies lie hidden in the Help Tree?

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
06-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Hello,
I tried placing the 38x38 ICON in a program and in a SAVED application (at the top, at the end); no errors but no way to show the icon i created.

I think we should move this thread in the other PRIME section to gain more visibility. This functionality is intriguing me.

I tried on the virtual calculator (firmware 6031).

I hope others can do best than me,

Giancarlo
06-22-2014, 06:32 PM
(06-22-2014 02:31 PM)Giancarlo Wrote:  I think we should move this thread in the other PRIME section to gain more visibility. This functionality is intriguing me.

Following Giancarlo's suggestion, http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-1689.html

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)