Apps delete problem
06-22-2020, 09:16 PM
Apps delete problem
Hello, when I delete custom unnecessary app from my HP Prime, everything is OK, but when I reset calculator, I have back name of deleted app and thumbnail of certain app.

For example: when i deleted Atrolab from calculator, app normaly disappeared from app list. After reset (On + Symb) i have back Astrolab "app", with Function thumbnail. When I open this app, it is plain Function app.

It is normal?

Sorry for my English,
Username
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-22-2020, 11:21 PM
RE: Apps delete problem
This has been seen on G2 by, at least, two members here: https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-13...ight=Ghost

Last post was from Tim (he works for HP), but no more news.
You could reactivate the above thread by asking your question in it, at this time I haven’t seen people answering or witnessing the same behavior.
06-23-2020, 05:01 AM
Hello,

When you delete the app, then turn the calc OFF then ON, does the problem still show?

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
06-23-2020, 05:02 AM
Same for me on G2. I reported it. All the custom apps I’ve created come back, and I delete them.
06-23-2020, 06:20 AM
Hello,
I have also Prime G2, if I turn off and on my calculator, "ghost app" is still in app list.
Thanks for informations, if you find a solution, please write a new reply to this thread.

Username
01-15-2024, 07:54 PM
I have the same problem with hp prime G2 with the following specs:
SW: 2.1.14730
HW: D
01-18-2024, 05:41 PM
This happened also to me and I was able to get rid of the ghost application. Though it was some time ago and I forgot the details.

I believe that I did something like combining the deletion and restoring a backup, though I am not sure about the real sequence or if it was a clean backup performed previously. And the ghosts apps never happened again.

I would try something like this:
- remove the application;
- perform a calculator backup;
- restore the backup.

Or if you have a clean backup, restore it.

Ramón
Valladolid, Spain
TI-50, Casio fx-180P, HP48GX, HP50g, HP Prime G2
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)