(HP12C) Always a number further !
04-09-2020, 07:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2020 07:29 PM by Nihotte(lma).)
(HP12C) Always a number further !
Always a number further !
This time, I propose here a program for the HP12C to train you to memorize numbers...

I first saw the idea in a French magazine dedicated to pocket calculators.
I think of «l'Ordinateur de poche» #3 published on the end of the year 1981 !
The title of the original article was «Avez-vous une mémoire aussi bonne que votre xxxpoche ?»
The program was written for TI-58 (TI-59) and was published by Denis Alexandre.

In my adaptation, the program runs until you make a mistake in entering one of the numbers from the list expected by the HP12C.
It does not need a lot of storage memories : no number has to be saved for a long time.
Each of them is regenerated at the right time.

This is the program :

Each turn, the calculator adds a new number at the end of the previous list of numbers.
Each time, these are two phases :
- at first, the HP12C displays, one after one, all the numbers of the current list.
- then, the calculator waits for you to successively restore the numbers without errors and in the same order you saw them.
Next, the first phase come back again, with a new last number !
And in the second phase, again, HP12C controls all you bring back.
So, at the beginning, there is only one number to bring back, and then two numbers, and the next turn three numbers, and so on, until you fail.

N.B. : the listing of the program gives a detailed example

Attached File(s)
.pdf  HP12C - Always a number further - lmaN for the MoHPC - 20200409.pdf (Size: 32.05 KB / Downloads: 10)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2020, 11:39 PM
RE: (HP12C) Always a number further !
Can I make a suggestion for the nice programs you post here?

Please include the description that you write in the Forum post in the PDF document.

People will download the PDF now when they see it, but then when they decide to read it again later, the background and instructions are already in the PDF file, so no need to go back and fine the original post to read how to use the program.

Thanks for sharing these programs here. Smile

--Bob Prosperi
04-10-2020, 12:10 AM
Try Avez-vous une mémoire aussi bonne que votre xxxpoche ?, N"3 L'OROINATEUR DE POCHE {Pages 19-20}.

BEST!
SlideRule
04-10-2020, 02:25 AM
(04-10-2020 12:10 AM)SlideRule Wrote:  Try Avez-vous une mémoire aussi bonne que votre xxxpoche ?, N"3 L'OROINATEUR DE POCHE {Pages 19-20}.

BEST!
SlideRule

Mais, Je ne parles pas Francais... Sad

--Bob Prosperi
04-10-2020, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2020 08:43 AM by Nihotte(lma).)
Thanks for your practical suggestions, rprosperi !
Thanks for your link too, SlideRule !

For your last remark, rprosperi, I can explain you that the original program starts with asking how many items the user wants to memorize. The calculator first gives the list and then the user key in back the numbers, one after one. Each time, the user makes a mistake, the program pops up an alert but it continues until all the list is over.
At the end, the user gets a good or bad grade !

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)