Prime not showing up in Connectivity Kit
03-22-2020, 04:24 PM
Prime not showing up in Connectivity Kit
I have a very old and never updated Prime that doesn't show up in the Connectivity Kit. Did the very first Primes not work with the Connectivity Kit?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2020, 01:00 AM (This post was last modified: 03-23-2020 01:08 AM by Tim Wessman.)
RE: Prime not showing up in Connectivity Kit
Hello,

If it is that old, you need to manually put it into update/recovery mode first and then it will work. The communication protocols were not able to be made compatible due to some very early issues.

Once you are in the update/recovery though, it will see it as a unit in update mode and pop up the updater.

[ONE EXCEPTION] Now that I have seen other posts of yours, there is one important exception. Mac support for updating was added in something like version 9000 something... you must one time only update using a windows machine (or virtual windows machine) to get it past that time. Then on mac will work completely. (Had to do with a specific type of USB interface that the mac does not allows access to work with directly) Later, we use the normal communication protocol to just push the firmware to the device rather then writing it directly to the flash chips.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
03-23-2020, 02:31 PM
RE: Prime not showing up in Connectivity Kit
Tim Wessman Wrote:  If it is that old, you need to manually put it into update/recovery mode first ...

I have another (latest and fully updated) Prime, so I think I'll just keep this one as is, since having ancient software makes it kind of — collectable!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)