VigaG for the HP Prime
I just sent the VigaG program for the HP Prime to http://www.hpcalc.org

-Edwin-
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2020, 06:07 AM
RE: VigaG for the HP Prime
Cool,

Could you please add a library of known materials stiffness and momentum in it?
I often need to calculate bendings of Al, Steel, Carbon here, and the web based, free stuff tends to only have only 1/2 of what I need, or use soem strange units of measurements (like inches!)..

cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.
02-03-2020, 12:50 PM
OH MY GOD!!!

My favourite HP48/49 program, now ported to the HP Prime!!! How many years willing to happen this. You have made me very happy Edwin. A very big THANK YOU. This is by far one of the BEST (adding FEM analysis from Kaspar) programs for civil engineering ever written.

I´ll wait for Eric to upload it to his web site. Wonderful job Edwin. The best beam calculus program for a calculator.

PD: is on your projects to port "Secciones" program, too? It´s another must have for engineers for moments of inertia of ANY shape.

Thank you again, Mr. Edwin.
04-05-2020, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2020 05:59 PM by Edwin.)
(02-03-2020 03:24 AM)Edwin Wrote:  I just sent the VigaG program for the HP Prime to http://www.hpcalc.org

Download link: https://www.hpcalc.org/details/9125

regards,
Edwin Córdoba

-Edwin-
04-27-2020, 04:32 PM
This actually pretty cool, i've been looking for something like this for a long time, thank you very much!
04-27-2020, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2020 12:32 PM by Edwin.)
There is a new version of the program (V.4.2), some problems were solved and the value labels were added in the results, now it is also possible to enter the point where you want to evaluate the beam.
download link: https://www.hpcalc.org/details/9125

-Edwin-
04-29-2020, 08:45 AM
Before it was a wonderful program. Now it´s perfect, graphics are much more comprehensived.

Thank you very much for hearing my suggestions. I´m going to download this evening.
11-29-2022, 09:00 AM
hi there,

My prime crashes, and closes the app when solving a beam. Does anyone have a clue why this happen and have a solution for it? deleting the app of the prime and putting it back on the calculator didn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance!
12-02-2022, 06:44 PM
(11-29-2022 09:00 AM)11dion8 Wrote:  hi there,

My prime crashes, and closes the app when solving a beam. Does anyone have a clue why this happen and have a solution for it? deleting the app of the prime and putting it back on the calculator didn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance!

The problem may be the decimal separator setting. Change this in the calculator settings in the digit group and select the first option

-Edwin-
02-05-2023, 09:10 PM
the pdf reader that came in my file is in spanish, does anyone have any resources on this program in english?
02-06-2023, 03:17 PM
(02-05-2023 09:10 PM)jamespatricksullivan Wrote:  the pdf reader that came in my file is in spanish, does anyone have any resources on this program in english?

At the moment there is only the manual in Spanish. The English version is pending, in the next modification I will add it.

-Edwin-
04-30-2023, 01:24 PM
Such apps can only be possible on HP Prime moreover the touchscreen proves to be very useful.It can't be imitated on HP 50g,a dull screen

Permanently banned
04-30-2023, 01:36 PM
I believe that VigaG used to run on the HP48G, despite the limitations of its screen. A YouTube video even shows a version running on the HP50g. It is sometimes surprising to see what older hardware is capable of.

Nigel (UK)
04-30-2023, 01:42 PM
It must be only formula based it didnt have touch screen or interactive geometry.

Permanently banned
04-30-2023, 01:48 PM
There are lots of opportunities available on the Prime as said by Ried,it is truly the future of graphing calculators.

Touch screen is proving to be an enormous power for it and has reduced our efforts.

Prime Software has no limit like the HP 50g which had reached its limit.I predict in near future HP Prime will have an emulator of HP 50g running on it or have all its features.

Permanently banned
04-30-2023, 02:07 PM
(04-30-2023 01:48 PM)Alchemisst Wrote:  ...I predict in near future HP Prime will have an emulator of HP 50g running on it or have all its features.

I seriously doubt this will happen, but if it did, it would likely make the Prime far more popular than it has been to date, at least with the crotchety old-timers that frequent these hallowed halls...

--Bob Prosperi
04-30-2023, 02:21 PM
In near future HP 50g would be completely out of stock.HP Prime has almost replaced it and its CAS RPL environment has been recreated too.Now I don't think anyone will use it after few years except us.

Permanently banned

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)