HP Prime - thumb drive question
05-28-2014, 11:13 PM
HP Prime - thumb drive question
Hello,

I used this thread to install the emulator on a thumb drive: http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...ead=252046

Which worked great until the recent firmware update on the USB emulator. Although the batch file does launch the emulator from the USB drive letter, the new Prime BOOT screen appears to be asking to "right swipe" on the emulators "touch screen".

Any constructive ideas?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2014, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2014 11:18 PM by alexzkter.)
RE: HP Prime - thumb drive question
(05-28-2014 11:13 PM)CR Haeger Wrote:  Hello,

I used this thread to install the emulator on a thumb drive: http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...ead=252046

Which worked great until the recent firmware update on the USB emulator. Although the batch file does launch the emulator from the USB drive letter, the new Prime BOOT screen appears to be asking to "right swipe" on the emulators "touch screen".

Any constructive ideas?

I just installed the Prime emulator on my computer and it's showing the right swipe thing, when I first saw it I thought about the 'swipe to unlock' as in smartphones. Swiped it right, then it took me to the language selection menu. I think that's how it's supposed to be now, right? I don't know if you're asking about the same thing.
Hope I was useful.
05-28-2014, 11:39 PM
[/quote]

I just installed the Prime emulator on my computer and it's showing the right swipe thing, when I first saw it I thought about the 'swipe to unlock' as in smartphones. Swiped it right, then it took me to the language selection menu. I think that's how it's supposed to be now, right? I don't know if you're asking about the same thing.
Hope I was useful.
[/quote]

Thank you - yes that's the same thing. What key(s) used to "swipe to right" on the emulator? I'm using a laptop, not touch screen tablet...
05-28-2014, 11:42 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2014 11:42 PM by alexzkter.)
Quote:
Quote:I just installed the Prime emulator on my computer and it's showing the right swipe thing, when I first saw it I thought about the 'swipe to unlock' as in smartphones. Swiped it right, then it took me to the language selection menu. I think that's how it's supposed to be now, right? I don't know if you're asking about the same thing.
Hope I was useful.

Thank you - yes that's the same thing. What key(s) used to "swipe to right" on the emulator? I'm using a laptop, not touch screen tablet...

Well, I used the mouse cursor. Remember the mouse cursor works as a finger when clicking on the display.
05-28-2014, 11:53 PM
(05-28-2014 11:42 PM)alexzkter Wrote:  
Quote:Thank you - yes that's the same thing. What key(s) used to "swipe to right" on the emulator? I'm using a laptop, not touch screen tablet...

Well, I used the mouse cursor. Remember the mouse cursor works as a finger when clicking on the display.

Yes, yes you did... and unlike me, you clicked and dragged ON the blue HP logo.

Yes, this worked. Score for today HP Team (2), Me (zero) Smile
05-29-2014, 01:22 AM
Woohoo! I win again! Big Grin

Actually, I implemented that screen. It isn't super flashy, but the idea was to a) hopefully prevent accidental touches from setting it into another language before it gets to a customer's hands, b) make sure people realize it is a touch screen, and c) setup a few things. It can probably be improved/expanded upon greatly I'm sure.

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)