Hello. My name's Dave, and I'm a Calcoholic.
01-28-2020, 12:16 PM
RE: Hello. My name's Dave, and I'm a Calcoholic.
You guys should do a Tetris challenge with your boxes and calcs ;-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2020, 01:09 PM
(01-28-2020 11:59 AM)KimH Wrote:  I spot a 71B EPROM programmer, does it work - do you have TWO Smile
Have a few EPROMs that I dream about - someday - to be able to program.
But the EPROMS - if only I could find a programmer :-|
Hello Kim,
I only have ONE programmer, but there are other forum users that also have ONE programmer and that are willing to program the EPROM of the other forum users.
I can program your EPROM's and Dave Frederickson has also offered himself in the past to do it (see here).
If you decide to send your EPROM's for programming, I suggest that you download Christoph Gießelink HP-71B Emulator for Windows (emu71) then configure and test your EPROM images in it before sending your modules.
Best regards,
Sylvain
01-28-2020, 02:16 PM
(01-28-2020 11:59 AM)KimH Wrote:  I am also a Calcoholic, but have focus my fifteen or so 71Bs in various versions and conditions...

Well thank goodness I've found someone with more 71Bs than I have! While I am certainly still a Calcoholic, it's good to know someone out there has it worse than I do. I was starting to think that owning 14 71Bs was totally out of control...

--Bob Prosperi
01-28-2020, 02:37 PM
(01-28-2020 02:16 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(01-28-2020 11:59 AM)KimH Wrote:  I am also a Calcoholic, but have focus my fifteen or so 71Bs in various versions and conditions...
Well thank goodness I've found someone with more 71Bs than I have! While I am certainly still a Calcoholic, it's good to know someone out there has it worse than I do. I was starting to think that owning 14 71Bs was totally out of control...
Ahum! Sorry guys to tell you this, but ... you both are. Smile ... and yes, I know, I know, its coming from the most out-of-control person on the HP-41C side. LOL
01-29-2020, 02:04 PM
Sylvain,

Thanks a lot for the offer and the suggestion with EMU71 - this is fantastic!

I will get to this as soon as possible - hopefully we will have a rainy weekend soon Smile.

/KimH

(01-28-2020 01:09 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  
(01-28-2020 11:59 AM)KimH Wrote:  I spot a 71B EPROM programmer, does it work - do you have TWO Smile
Have a few EPROMs that I dream about - someday - to be able to program.
But the EPROMS - if only I could find a programmer :-|
Hello Kim,
I only have ONE programmer, but there are other forum users that also have ONE programmer and that are willing to program the EPROM of the other forum users.
I can program your EPROM's and Dave Frederickson has also offered himself in the past to do it (see here).
If you decide to send your EPROM's for programming, I suggest that you download Christoph Gießelink HP-71B Emulator for Windows (emu71) then configure and test your EPROM images in it before sending your modules.
Best regards,
Sylvain
03-08-2020, 02:56 PM
I have decided that today it is raining and I have now rummaged my boxes and it turns out I have 3*64k EPROMS Smile

I acquired a UV Eraser from China - arrived last night, but would like to be sure that it works as expected - rather safe than sorry... before wasting anyone's time with programming.

Is there an easy way to validate that a ROM is "100% Empty" I recall that there was a set of functions on the NEW Ex Factory EPROMS which I don't know much about, maybe one of them can screen whether the ROM is properly deleted.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Have a good Sunday

/Kim

(01-29-2020 02:04 PM)KimH Wrote:  Sylvain,

Thanks a lot for the offer and the suggestion with EMU71 - this is fantastic!

I will get to this as soon as possible - hopefully we will have a rainy weekend soon Smile.

/KimH

(01-28-2020 01:09 PM)Sylvain Cote Wrote:  Hello Kim,
Best regards,
Sylvain
03-09-2020, 08:34 AM
(03-08-2020 02:56 PM)KimH Wrote:  Is there an easy way to validate that a ROM is "100% Empty"

Read it back and every bit should be a '1' if it is erased correctly.

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
03-10-2020, 09:43 AM
I know I am slowly sliding into another thread here... I'll stop now

That's what i was afraid off, PEEK as it is in the 71B OS, won't PEEK as the EPROM is seen as a protected ROM. [ERR:File Protect]

SYSEDIT from the JPC E2 was my friend.

(03-09-2020 08:34 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  
(03-08-2020 02:56 PM)KimH Wrote:  Is there an easy way to validate that a ROM is "100% Empty"

Read it back and every bit should be a '1' if it is erased correctly.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)