Public Beta Availiable - RC - Win/Mac/Firmware/Android/iOS
12-11-2019, 01:04 AM
RE: Public Beta Availiable - RC - Win/Mac/Firmware/Android/iOS
(12-09-2019 08:49 PM)Carlos295pz Wrote:  
(11-23-2019 12:24 AM)Carlos295pz Wrote:  The non-monospace source of the Connectivity Kit will be maintained? don't scare us Confused

Connectivity Kit font is not loading correctly, 2-byte characters are not represented. I self-quote not to go unnoticed xD

Seems to work properly for me on multiple win64 and mac systems I tested. Anyone else seeing a font issue?

TW

Although I work for HP, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2019, 03:00 AM
I want to make my complaints for the last time if they pay attention to me.
1._ When I install the Hp Prime emulator, it does not open, only a small square appears that it would seem to be loading, because you get serious Mr. Tim and do something good, because I can not do the programs because of it.
2._ The source has an error.
3._ The Hp Prime, I am disappointed I hope to correct those mistakes soon.
Att.
Robert Ramirez Quispe.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-11-2019, 03:49 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2019 03:53 AM by Tim Wessman.)
(12-11-2019 03:00 AM)ROBERT Wrote:  I want to make my complaints for the last time if they pay attention to me.
1._ When I install the Hp Prime emulator, it does not open, only a small square appears that it would seem to be loading, because you get serious Mr. Tim and do something good, because I can not do the programs because of it.
Att.
Robert Ramirez Quispe.

The problem is nobody else has reported this, and there is no information to try and figure out what is going on. Without that, I have no way to know what the issue on your system might be.

1. Computer system and OS version?
2. Which versions do work correctly?
3. Any logs, error messages, etc?
4. Any other machines to try running on?
5. Hardware units work ok?

TW

12-11-2019, 04:10 AM
(12-11-2019 01:04 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  [quote='Carlos295pz' pid='124826' dateline='1575924551']

Connectivity Kit font is not loading correctly, 2-byte characters are not represented

Seems to work properly for me on multiple win64 and mac systems I tested. Anyone else seeing a font issue?

My system win64, , It happened in 1903 and currently in 1909, the sources are not installed but I can find it in C:\Program Files\HP\HP Connectivity Kit\fonts, I installed the fonts manually but it didn't work.

Viga C | TD | FB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2019, 04:11 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2019 04:26 AM by ROBERT.)
(12-11-2019 03:49 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(12-11-2019 03:00 AM)ROBERT Wrote:  I want to make my complaints for the last time if they pay attention to me.
Att.
Robert Ramirez Quispe.

The problem is nobody else has reported this, and there is no information to try and figure out what is going on. Without that, I have no way to know what the issue on your system might be.

1. Computer system and OS version?
2. Which versions do work correctly?
3. Any logs, error messages, etc?
4. Any other machines to try running on?
5. Hardware units work ok?

1. Computer system and operating system version?
        Windows 10 - 1909
2. What versions work correctly?
What works perfect is until version 2016_08_29.
3. Any registration, error message, etc.?
        It stays charging at the start time. It does not throw any error.
4. Any other machine to try to run?
       In all the machines of the same version, of the students
       I teach the programming course.
5. Do the hardware units work well?
     If the hardware units work normally, install SSD
     Kingthon A400 and attach an HDD.
The Kit installs without problems.

!! ...... PLEASE I WOULD HELP ME I'M MONTHS TRYING TO SOLVE. BECAUSE I SAY PROGRAMMING COURSES IN HP PRIME AND LIMIT ME TO TEACH .......... !!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

12-11-2019, 05:48 AM
(12-11-2019 04:11 AM)ROBERT Wrote:  What works perfect is until version 2016_08_29.

Is that really the 2016 version and nothing later has worked? You have an entire lab of software not functioning?

What files are you copying to every machine? (installed HP prime content)

TW

12-16-2019, 04:05 PM
So far I haven't found anything buggy with the Beta software, I'm running my Hardware D (2G) Prime.
12-16-2019, 06:54 PM
(12-11-2019 05:48 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  
(12-11-2019 04:11 AM)ROBERT Wrote:  What works perfect is until version 2016_08_29.

Is that really the 2016 version and nothing later has worked? You have an entire lab of software not functioning?

What files are you copying to every machine? (installed HP prime content)

Is there a real new Beta (or release) with a new number/date/name?
Do I dare to install anything?

When do you (un)officially PLAN to release the next firmware?
12-31-2019, 10:47 AM
(12-11-2019 01:04 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Seems to work properly for me on multiple win64 and mac systems I tested. Anyone else seeing a font issue?

A few days ago, I tried some things by reinstalling the Kit, such as restoring the Temp folder that had moved to another disk, but I didn't make any progress. I'm still without the monospace font: c
Win10 64 1903,1909

Does it only happen to Peruvians? Big Grin, I have acquaintances that present the same problem

[Image: 49304140887_94825d7ca7_o.png]

Viga C | TD | FB
12-31-2019, 04:26 PM
Font issues here... up to date win7 pro and win10.
01-01-2020, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2020 09:13 AM by Tim Wessman.)
I finally found a machine showing the font problem and think I know what will fix it.

Out of curiosity, if you go to the location of your .exe for the connectivity kit and launch it directly instead of the shortcut the installer makes, does your font work? I suspect it might.

TW

01-01-2020, 02:06 PM
(01-01-2020 09:13 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Out of curiosity, if you go to the location of your .exe for the connectivity kit and launch it directly instead of the shortcut the installer makes, does your font work? I suspect it might.

It didn't work out

Viga C | TD | FB
01-01-2020, 06:36 PM
(01-01-2020 09:13 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Out of curiosity, if you go to the location of your .exe for the connectivity kit and launch it directly instead of the shortcut the installer makes, does your font work? I suspect it might.

No, it still uses the proportional font. Also, its tiny size is not adjustable.

[Image: tinyfont.png]

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
01-01-2020, 09:23 PM
(12-31-2019 10:47 AM)Carlos295pz Wrote:  
(12-11-2019 01:04 AM)Tim Wessman Wrote:  Seems to work properly for me on multiple win64 and mac systems I tested. Anyone else seeing a font issue?

A few days ago, I tried some things by reinstalling the Kit, such as restoring the Temp folder that had moved to another disk, but I didn't make any progress. I'm still without the monospace font: c
Win10 64 1903,1909

Does it only happen to Peruvians? Big Grin, I have acquaintances that present the same problem

[Image: 49304140887_94825d7ca7_o.png]

I've never had a monospaced font with the CK. Not in the production versions nor the betas. Programs have always displayed with an ugly proportional font.

Tom L
Cui bono?
01-02-2020, 06:25 AM

Nope.

Also, sometimes (I can't reproduce it systematically) the CK shows two Primes with different names if you start the Virtual Prime app while the CK is already running.

There are only 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
01-02-2020, 01:38 PM
(01-02-2020 06:25 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  Also, sometimes (I can't reproduce it systematically) the CK shows two Primes with different names if you start the Virtual Prime app while the CK is already running.

That happens occasionally with my setup as well. One has the actual name I gave the virtual Prime and one has the name Virtual Prime.

Tom L
Cui bono?
01-02-2020, 10:45 PM
(01-02-2020 06:25 AM)grsbanks Wrote:  

Nope.

Also, sometimes (I can't reproduce it systematically) the CK shows two Primes with different names if you start the Virtual Prime app while the CK is already running.

Same here, don't recall ever having a monospaced font. In my case I do all the program editing in a separate text editor anyways so it's not a factor for my workflow, just copy and paste during testing.

Have also seen the quirk with two calculators showing up in CK. Also inside "..\Documents\HP Connectivity Kit\Calculators\" I have some folders left over with gibberish names, although I haven't seen that happen for quite a while now. I'm thinking that was pre-v14181 firmware when I saw that happen.
01-14-2020, 11:36 PM
Problem with WAIT(-1) on PC, did this happen in previous versions?
If an alphabetic key is pressed on the emulator while waiting for WAIT(-1), it begins to consume excessively, cutting off by pressing a compatible key on the computer keyboard or using the emulator with the mouse, but pressing 7 Alphabetic keys while remaining waiting, the emulator freezes and must be closed.

[Image: 49386436008_1ff8d91313_o.png]

Viga C | TD | FB
01-15-2020, 12:25 AM
About the fonts on a physical calculator screen.
They are all way too small!
Could you kindly make a few more sizes, please?
LARGE
LARGER
LARGEST
01-15-2020, 07:15 AM
Hello,

One of the issues with font is dialog boxes...
Basically, if the largest font was larger than it is now, then the text would not fit in the dialog boxes allotted space, this means that the spaces would need to be made larger... But a lot of the dialog boxes are already at the limit of what we can put in the screen....

It might be nice to have a larger font in the home area, but making this change would be a huge amount of work...

Cyrille

Although I work for the HP calculator group, the views and opinions I post here are my own. I do not speak for HP.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)