NP-25
07-21-2019, 04:36 PM
NP-25
Probably another of my stupid questions:-
Just started using my NP-25 in HP-25c mode
Manual says you can have 49 steps in any program but doesn’t say how/where to save separate software. There doesn’t seem to be a Label of any kind but it seems to suggest registers 0-9 are available to store programs in.
So having written my first program how do I Name/label it so I can then start a second program - does it just allocate programs as 0,1,2.....9?
If I can do that then how would I then load or run any individual program.

Denny Tuckerman
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-21-2019, 06:26 PM
RE: NP-25
(07-21-2019 04:36 PM)Leviset Wrote:  Probably another of my stupid questions:-
Just started using my NP-25 in HP-25c mode
Manual says you can have 49 steps in any program but doesn’t say how/where to save separate software. There doesn’t seem to be a Label of any kind but it seems to suggest registers 0-9 are available to store programs in.
So having written my first program how do I Name/label it so I can then start a second program - does it just allocate programs as 0,1,2.....9?
If I can do that then how would I then load or run any individual program.

The 25 has only a single program space, there is no concept of multiple programs with separate labels, etc. That said, you can effectively have multiple independent programs in memory and run them manually.

For example if you have:

Program-1 on lines 1-20
Program-2 on lines 21-29
Program-3 on lines 30-49

you would run them as follows:

To run Program-1: [shift][PRGM] or [GTO]00, then enter your arguments onto the stack, the press [R/S]

To run Program-2: [GTO] 21, then enter your arguments onto the stack, the press [R/S]

To run Program-3: [GTO] 30, then enter your arguments onto the stack, the press [R/S]

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
07-21-2019, 09:29 PM
Thanks Bob.
Which was HP’s first programmable Calculator whereby you could have program labels and could save/retain a number of different programs which you could then XEQ ‘Label Name’?
Dennis

Denny Tuckerman
07-21-2019, 09:41 PM
(07-21-2019 09:29 PM)Leviset Wrote:  Thanks Bob.
Which was HP’s first programmable Calculator whereby you could have program labels and could save/retain a number of different programs which you could then XEQ ‘Label Name’?
Dennis

I'd guess it's the HP-67, though it was done via [GSB] Label (vs. [XEQ]). I'm pretty sure the 55 and 65 didn't support that, but these models can use the same technique described above.

The 29C came only a year after the 67, and it also supported it, e.g. [GSB] [0], [GSB] [1], etc.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
07-22-2019, 01:16 AM
And if you're taliking about the ability to have truly separate programs, each with their own line numbering and local label search space, that first appeared in the 41C.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)