Which symbols get displayed by the 7 segment display on a HP 15-C?
06-26-2019, 12:23 PM
Which symbols get displayed by the 7 segment display on a HP 15-C?
Does anybody know the complete list of letters and other symbols that get displayed by the calculator?

Beside the obvious "-1234567890,." I know it can display "Error", "running", "Pr Error", "u" (user mode stuff), "AbCdE" (matrix indicators)... are there any more texts?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2019, 02:43 PM
RE: Which symbols get displayed by the 7 segment display on a HP 15-C?
(06-26-2019 12:23 PM)Michael Zinn Wrote:  Does anybody know the complete list of letters and other symbols that get displayed by the calculator?

Beside the obvious "-1234567890,." I know it can display "Error", "running", "Pr Error", "u" (user mode stuff), "AbCdE" (matrix indicators)... are there any more texts?

Have a look at this: HP-15C "Synthetics"

Scroll down to "A demonstration program" and you'll find how to display a "HEllo PPC" text.

Welcome back and regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-27-2019, 09:06 AM
Neat! However, meant to ask about all the characters you might see during normal operation. Is my list complete?

(06-26-2019 02:43 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  
(06-26-2019 12:23 PM)Michael Zinn Wrote:  Does anybody know the complete list of letters and other symbols that get displayed by the calculator?

Have a look at this: HP-15C "Synthetics"

Scroll down to "A demonstration program" and you'll find how to display a "HEllo PPC" text.

Welcome back and regards.
V.
Find all posts by this user
06-27-2019, 02:43 PM
(06-27-2019 09:06 AM)Michael Zinn Wrote:  Neat! However, meant to ask about all the characters you might see during normal operation. Is my list complete?

It's just a question of reading the HP-15C Owner's Handbook, which lists all messages the calculator produces, so go ahead.

V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)