New releases of LIFUTILS, pyILPER and asm71
06-17-2019, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2019 06:23 AM by jsi.)
New releases of LIFUTILS, pyILPER and asm71
Hi all,

I'd like to point to new releases of the LIFUTILS, pyILPER and asm71.

It's mostly a maintenance update but introduces some additional support for HP-75 users.

The most important user visible changes are:
  • The LIFUTILS got new utilities to create HP-75 text files from ASCII text files (textlif75) and to display information of HP-75 lex files (lexcat75). The text75 utility was rename to liftext75 to ensure naming consistency.
  • Import and export of HP-75 text files was added to the file management capabilities of the pyILPER virtual drive tab.
  • asm71 got an updated windows installer which provides 32 and 64 bit versions and a pkg installer for macOS as well.

You find the installer images in their particular GitHub release sections (LIFUTILS, pyILPER, asm71). Users of the ANACONDA Python environment can update pyILPER in the usual way. See the install instructions and release information for details.

Note: Because of mutual dependencies pyILPER and the LIFUTILS must both be updated to their latest version.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-17-2019, 05:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2019 12:33 PM by rprosperi.)
RE: New releases of LIFUTILS, pyILPER and asm71
Thanks for these updates Joachim.

I know pyILPER can be easily updated using the Anaconda method, but I'm unable to find the windows installers for ASM71 and LIFUITLS. Your note does say "You find the installer images in their particular GitHub release sections" but as I don't speak git, I'm not certain where those are.

Update: Ignore above, I found the releases section looking at the links to the LIFUTILs pkg in the help file. Oddly, there are links to the installers in the help file, but they don't work by clicking them to follow the link, I had to copy the url and paste into another browser tab.

Everything installed per normal, will check it out this week. It appears the improvements you made for handling 75C text files will dramatically ease the process of getting DOS text-based 75 source files in and out of a real 75, or indeed EMU75. Thanks for these nice improvements!

--Bob Prosperi
06-18-2019, 07:11 AM
The release section of a GitHub repository is linked to the releases entry in the head of the main repository page.
Since this is not obvious I added links to the release sections in my first post.
06-18-2019, 12:30 PM
(06-18-2019 07:11 AM)jsi Wrote:  The release section of a GitHub repository is linked to the releases entry in the head of the main repository page.
Since this is not obvious I added links to the release sections in my first post.

Like sooo many things, once you find it, it really is quite obvious; right there, labeled just as you would expect it to be. Smile

The handy links in the help file gave me the hint to look around for this section.

--Bob Prosperi
06-18-2019, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the update!

Jack
http://www.computerarium.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2019, 01:53 AM
Test driving the new releases of pyILPER and LIFUTILS was smooth and interesting. The HP75 TEXT file handling enhancements worked well, making the process of moving text HP75 BASIC files back and forth between the 75 and the PC (for editing) easy and quick.

The new ability to view the keywords in a 75 LEX file is also quite handy. If you plan to enhance this area in the future it would be nice to also display the parameters and types needed by the function keywords similar to those shown by the HELP LEX file.

Very nice enhancement Joachim, thanks for these improvements!

--Bob Prosperi
07-02-2019, 08:18 PM
Thanks a lot for testing! I'll put your suggestion on the lifutils backlog.
Regards
Joachim

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)