HP 50g and Casio fx CG50
04-09-2019, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2022 12:45 AM by severedgarden.)
HP 50g and Casio fx CG50
Hi all,
I'm selling two graphing calculators, an HP 50g and a Casio fx CG50

As you see in the pictures they are almost like new, but they come as you see, with no manuals, or boxes... the HP comes with the case (not the leather one), and the Casio comes with the USB cable.

ONLY FOR SALE IN THE UK
The price is £70 each first class with tracking number delivery included

If anyone buys both, the price would be £130 first class delivery.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2019, 10:07 AM
RE: HP 50g and Casio fx CG50
I reduced the price on the calculators.

They are like new, so grab a bargain! Smile
05-19-2019, 12:40 PM
Nice offer.

I have already 4x HP50g and I should keep quiet about my itching of buying a new one.

The casio fx cg50 is as well a little beast, that should be able to run micropython, but it has only around 64 KB of user ram if I am not mistaken and there is no way to keep it powered with the usb (for intensive computation). Or maybe there was a way but one should start it with the battery, I am not that sure about the second option.

Thus I would say your offer is quite tempting but I should be disciplined! (especially on my low budget)

Wikis are great, Contribute :)
05-30-2019, 07:43 AM
Thanks pier4r,

You are right, the Casio is quite good and it runs micropython. You cannot use turtle or graphs from python... yet. They plan to implement a few more features in the future.

I didn't try to power it with the USB but the batteries last a lot, I am surprised with its performance.

Cheers!
10-18-2022, 12:43 AM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2022 12:53 AM by severedgarden.)
Hi all,

A few years passed, but I still have these calculators Big Grin
I thought I would rather keep them forever but... I want to buy a Prime or/and TI-Nspire CX II CAS Smile

I decided to refloat this thread to see if anyone is interested. Same price, same delivery options.

Cheers!
11-03-2022, 03:22 PM
I know you said UK only, but I'd be interested in knowing the price for shipping to Canada if you're interested. Smile
11-04-2022, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2022 09:12 PM by StephenG1CMZ.)
(05-30-2019 07:43 AM)severedgarden Wrote:  Thanks pier4r,

You are right, the Casio is quite good and it runs micropython. You cannot use turtle or graphs from python... yet. They plan to implement a few more features in the future.

I didn't try to power it with the USB but the batteries last a lot, I am surprised with its performance.

Cheers!

The good news is Casio Cg50 now supports Turtle Graphics...I think (I don't have one to test).

Python 3.60 allows simple graphics but does not include Turtle graphics by itself. If you don't have 3.60, that can only be updated using a PC/etc.
https://education.casio.co.uk/os-files/cg50-os

A separate python source module implements Turtle graphics - it runs OK but is too big to edit the source.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w...DH1VNWY_9r
Update: The comments on the YouTube video suggest the Turtle links might be broken.

I'm tempted (despite the need for a PC to update the firmware) but cannot commit the funds right now.

Stephen Lewkowicz (G1CMZ)
https://my.numworks.com/python/steveg1cmz
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-09-2022, 08:40 PM
(11-04-2022 07:20 PM)StephenG1CMZ Wrote:  The good news is Casio Cg50 now supports Turtle Graphics...I think (I don't have one to test).

A separate python source module implements Turtle graphics - it runs OK but is too big to edit the source.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w...DH1VNWY_9r

True, Turtle is available now, you just need to download and install the module and you can import from turtle into your python programs.

I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago and the link worked fine.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)