(HP-97) Estimating Moose Population Parameters from Aerial Surveys
01-06-2019, 11:13 PM
(HP-97) Estimating Moose Population Parameters from Aerial Surveys
An extract from the INTRODUCTION of Estimating Moose Population Parameters from Aerial Surveys, Alaska dept. of Fish & Game, Bio;ogical Papers of the UoA (number 22), DEC 1986.

This manual is a step-by-step field guide for conducting surveys and estimating population parameters … Examples of calculations are given to ensure correct treatment of data. To expedite calculations and reduce errors, programs have been written for the Hewlett-Packard 97 calculator (HP 97) to calculate optimal allocation of sampling effort, estimates of moose abundance, estimates of sex and age composition, and confidence intervals for all estimates

BEST!
SlideRule
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2019, 03:50 AM
RE: (HP-97) Estimating Moose Population Parameters from Aerial Surveys
(01-06-2019 11:13 PM)SlideRule Wrote:  An extract from the INTRODUCTION of Estimating Moose Population Parameters from Aerial Surveys

Easily my favorite title among the huge number of interesting (and often obscure) papers, books, research papers, etc. unearthed by SlideRule. Thanks for all the research and work documenting these treasures Kim!

--Bob Prosperi
01-07-2019, 01:16 PM
Happy to contribute (thanks for the kind words). I have many, many more examples in my archives, but I often lack a download reference (my earlier negligence) for the same. With hindsight to extant DMA oversight, I am reticent to post my e-version (scans, etc.) sans-url(s). As I rediscover a 'open-source' repository, I'll post same: many more to come.

BEST!
SlideRule
01-07-2019, 02:18 PM
(01-07-2019 01:16 PM)SlideRule Wrote:  Happy to contribute (thanks for the kind words). I have many, many more examples in my archives, but I often lack a download reference (my earlier negligence) for the same. With hindsight to extant DMA oversight, I am reticent to post my e-version (scans, etc.) sans-url(s). As I rediscover a 'open-source' repository, I'll post same: many more to come.

BEST!
SlideRule

This is quite often an issue for these old documents and software which we've either had for many, many years or acquire today (e.g. from eBay), and wish to share with the community. Though one must try to make a sincere effort to find the copyright holder to seek permission, most often it's not possible, or at least not practical.

In such situations, many folks in the community share this information with a disclaimer along the lines of:

"I was unable to contact the author for permission to share this information; if the copyright owner wishes to have it removed, please contact me and I will remove it promptly."

--Bob Prosperi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)