Electric & Electronic Circuit Solver available
10-01-2018, 05:59 AM
Electric & Electronic Circuit Solver available
Hello everybody,

Finally, my first post on this forum! I want to share with you a program I have been working on for the last year or so. I call it EEC_Solver. It is Electric & Electronic Circuit Solver for the HP Prime. You can download it from:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/eecsolver/files/

The program implements a full graphic interface to edit circuits, with useful functionality such as copy/paste, undo/redo, moving and rotation of parts, etc. It can solve both AC and DC circuits with both linear and non-linear elements. The non-linear elements supported include: BJTs, MOSFETS, diodes, LEDs, and zeners. The results of the solution are displayed in the circuit editor itself.

Here is a short introductory video for the program that closely follows the documentation uploaded to SourceForge. You can also click on the attached image to see how the program looks like. If there is enough interest and I have time available I'll keep improving the program and its documentation.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2018, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-08-2018 07:03 PM by compsystems.)
RE: Electric & Electronic Circuit Solver available
+1

What differences or similarities does your application have with the symbulator (ti68k)?

Idea: please clone the interface of the ti68k calcs, that is, a toolbar (watch video, from about 2 minute), is one of the best mechanisms to organize access to functions.
10-02-2018, 01:50 PM
(10-01-2018 06:25 PM)compsystems Wrote:  +1

What differences or similarities does your application have with the symbulator (ti68k)?

Thanks for pointing out Symbulator. Never heard of it before. The main difference between it and EEC Solver is that Symbulator, as the name implies works both with symbols and quantities, so the answers it produces could be both numeric or a algebraic. That limits the scope of Symbulator to linear circuit only. EEC Solver works very much like other numeric simulators like SPICE. For that reason EECE Solver is not limited to linear circuit and it can solve non-linear circuits that include diodes, BJTs, and MOSFETS.

I think it should be possible to add the ability to work symbolically to EEC Solver as well. I tried to implement that functionality when I started programing it, but I didn't have much success communicating with the CAS system. Now that I have a lot more experience with the HP Prime, if anybody can point me in that direction (send a system of equations to the CAS system and getting an answer back) that would be very helpful.

The other big difference is how you enter the circuits in both simulators. Symbulator uses a 'netlist' (text) entry. EEC Solver includes a fully graphic circuit editor that not only it is used to enter the circuits but it is also used to display the results in the right places on the circuit.
10-02-2018, 04:28 PM
¡Enhorabuena Jesús por tu simulador! / Congrats on your solver!

By the way, you can find most of the SW for HP calculators at http://www.hpcalc.org . Eric's HPCalc site is an institution, IMHO. It is the place to go whatever SW you might need for the Prime and older models. As a suggestion, it might be advisable you upload your circuit solver to this site.

Saludos Saluti Cordialement Cumprimentos MfG BR + + + + +
Luigi Vampa +
Free42 '<3' I + +
10-02-2018, 05:53 PM
(10-02-2018 04:28 PM)Luigi Vampa Wrote:  ¡Enhorabuena Jesús por tu simulador! / Congrats on your solver!

By the way, you can find most of the SW for HP calculators at http://www.hpcalc.org . Eric's HPCalc site is an institution, IMHO. It is the place to go whatever SW you might need for the Prime and older models. As a suggestion, it might be advisable you upload your circuit solver to this site.

Thanks. I have more flexibility with SourcForge. For instance, I just fixed an "inconvenience" the program had: the "On" key is very close to the "Shift" key. Since the program extensively uses the "Shift" key, I occasionally pressed the "On" key by mistake. This caused version 0.75 (or older) of the app to exit immediately discarding all changes. Now you can download version 0.77 (or newer) and quickly update the program for the app. The newest version is always here:

https://sourceforge.net/p/eecsolver/svn/...ree/trunk/

As bugs are fixed and features added, they will be available immediately for everybody to try.
10-02-2018, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2018 09:14 AM by Thomas_Sch.)
Really a great program!
Many thanks for sharing.

(10-02-2018 04:28 PM)Luigi Vampa Wrote:  By the way, you can find most of the SW for HP calculators at http://www.hpcalc.org . Eric's HPCalc site is an institution, IMHO. It is the place to go whatever SW you might need for the Prime and older models. As a suggestion, it might be advisable you upload your circuit solver to this site.

Another option will be the sub-forum "HP Prime Software Library" http://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/forum-15.html, where programs & docs could be easy managed.
(Sometimes downloading from sourceforge is a mess, if someone uses addons like uMatrix in the browser.)
Just my 2 (euro)cents.
10-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Really nice!! Thanks!

My website: erwin.ried.cl
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2018, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2018 12:53 PM by compsystems.)
(10-02-2018 01:50 PM)jesuscf Wrote:  ... The other big difference is how you enter the circuits in both simulators. Symbulator uses a 'netlist' (text) entry. EEC Solver includes a fully graphic circuit editor that not only it is used to enter the circuits but it is also used to display the results in the right places on the circuit.

The calculators of the ti68k series have a very elementary graphic interface. Although I like the drop down menus of these old calculators. I think it would be important to also create the circuit, from commands, as did the original spice application. In addition to obtaining the symbolic answers to use them in external programs

Spice for hp48 calcs.
https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=10611
[Image: image.php?mode=thumbnail&amp;image_id=1510]

[Image: 1350756964spice48.gif]

[Image: spice411.gif]

video n. 2 Updating EECSolver

Source code: october 10/2018, 5207 lines

https://sourceforge.net/p/eecsolver/svn/...lver.hptxt
10-09-2018, 02:22 PM
Looks good.
When do you plan to add a voltage controlled switch?

Are circuit elements easily addable? Can we crowd source them?
10-10-2018, 07:02 AM
(10-09-2018 02:22 PM)KeithB Wrote:  Looks good.

I don't understand what you mean. Something like a MOSFET? MOSFETS are in the program already. The use of ideal switches (time controlled, voltage controlled, etc.) suggests to me that you are thinking about transient analysis which is not implemented yet.

All the components are hard coded in the program. That makes it hard to add new components unless you are familiar with the code.
10-10-2018, 02:30 PM
(10-10-2018 07:02 AM)jesuscf Wrote:  
(10-09-2018 02:22 PM)KeithB Wrote:  Looks good.

I don't understand what you mean. Something like a MOSFET? MOSFETS are in the program already. The use of ideal switches (time controlled, voltage controlled, etc.) suggests to me that you are thinking about transient analysis which is not implemented yet.

While they are generally used for transient analysis, voltage controlled switches can also be handy to try different components without changing the topology.
08-21-2020, 01:56 PM
Hello,
will be available any new version? On the sourceforge is still a EEC v0.75
08-21-2020, 05:19 PM
(08-21-2020 01:56 PM)Username Wrote:  Hello,
will be available any new version? On the sourceforge is still a EEC v0.75

Are there bugs you have found and not reported?

Is there some improvement you would recommend to make it more useful for you?

It is more helpful to add these kinds of details when asking for a new version... I would also suggest telling the author that you like his program and appreciate him contributing it to the community, as minimal encouragement, prior to asking for more. Smile

--Bob Prosperi
08-22-2020, 12:31 PM
Sorry,
the program is very good. I didn't found any bugs or errors.

I asked for the new version, because "v0.75" seems incomplete, thats all. (It looks like beta version)

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)