Meindert's MLDL
12-16-2013, 12:03 AM
Meindert's MLDL
Any news on a new version of MLDL 2000?
Had a video on youtube showing a new version (prototype) but I can no longer find.
Can someone help me?
Thanks

Systems Analyst
48G+/58C/85B/PC1500A
TH-78A/DooGee S9
Focal & All Basic´s
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2013, 04:15 AM
RE: Meindert's MLDL
Recently, Meindert Kuipers posted that, in light of the advances provided by the 41CL board and Clonix/NoVRAM modules, he would not be pursuing any further development on his MLDL project.

Most unfortunate IMHO.

Mark Hardman

Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Find all posts by this user
12-16-2013, 06:07 AM
I think the alternatives of Clonix andere 41CL are really good andere would nog justify the effort tot make a new mldl2000, so it will not be more than a prototype

Meindert

Regards, Meindert
12-16-2013, 11:18 AM
I understand your point, but what about an USB-connection for the CL, or an SD-card, will that be within range at all?

Best,
ÁM
12-16-2013, 03:41 PM
(12-16-2013 11:18 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  I understand your point, but what about an USB-connection for the CL, or an SD-card, will that be within range at all?

Best,
ÁM

Gooooooooooooooood Point A.M. ;-)

Meindert Kuipers work again MLDL 3000 !!!

Systems Analyst
48G+/58C/85B/PC1500A
TH-78A/DooGee S9
Focal & All Basic´s
12-16-2013, 07:49 PM
The video of the MLDL prototype was indeed not easy to find, here is a direct link:

If you take a close look, it will be really difficult to make this portable. My idea was to put it in an external housing under the HP41, about the same size. Given the power of the alternatives, I do not think anyone would really bother to carry it around. But it did allow to exchange user programs with an SD card, and even to access a network using the HP41 (with the help of a smart ARM processor)

I do have some vague plans to try to extend the 41CL, but I have so much other things (work, hobby and family) that my calculator activities are currently on a very low level.

Regards, Meindert
12-16-2013, 08:20 PM
(12-16-2013 07:49 PM)MeindertKuipers Wrote:  The video of the MLDL prototype was indeed not easy to find, here is a direct link:

If you take a close look, it will be really difficult to make this portable. My idea was to put it in an external housing under the HP41, about the same size. Given the power of the alternatives, I do not think anyone would really bother to carry it around. But it did allow to exchange user programs with an SD card, and even to access a network using the HP41 (with the help of a smart ARM processor)

I do have some vague plans to try to extend the 41CL, but I have so much other things (work, hobby and family) that my calculator activities are currently on a very low level.

HP community expect MLDL3000
I think portability is not an important factor.
Everything that comes to increase the power of 41 is welcome

Systems Analyst
48G+/58C/85B/PC1500A
TH-78A/DooGee S9
Focal & All Basic´s
12-18-2013, 07:34 AM
I will think about it, but no promises made

Regards, Meindert
12-18-2013, 11:04 AM
(12-18-2013 07:34 AM)MeindertKuipers Wrote:  I will think about it, but no promises made

I believe it has great potential.

Systems Analyst
48G+/58C/85B/PC1500A
TH-78A/DooGee S9
Focal & All Basic´s
12-20-2013, 08:24 PM
(12-16-2013 06:07 AM)MeindertKuipers Wrote:  I think the alternatives of Clonix andere 41CL are really good andere would nog justify the effort tot make a new mldl2000, so it will not be more than a prototype

You should switch your phone or tablet to English before replying... Wink

Marcus von Cube
Wehrheim, Germany
http://www.mvcsys.de
http://wp34s.sf.net
http://mvcsys.de/doc/basic-compare.html
12-21-2013, 09:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-21-2013 09:24 PM by Ángel Martin.)
Just today I finally did a complete re-loading of my MLDL flash with the latest & greatest versions of all my modules. To my delight it's confirmed that it all works flawlessly: Library#4, bank-switched dual pages, single pages... seamlessly integrated and configured on the Status registers. A real wonder to behold - with Classic 41 speed (been a while since I had seen the flying goose!) to get an appreciation of how quickly we get used to a good thing :-)

Best,
'AM
12-22-2013, 01:57 AM
Hello Meindert,
Is the MLDL2000 still available for sale ?
Best regards,
Sylvain
12-23-2013, 09:20 AM
The MLDL2000 is not available anymore, all working units have been sold, and there are no plans to make a new production batch. I woudl advise to go for a Clonix or NovRAM, or the 41CL. These offer similar functionality and are great upgrades for your HP41 system!

Regards, Meindert
12-23-2013, 05:43 PM
Hello Meindert,
Thank you for your quick reply.
I already have multiple copies of each devices (41CL, NoV-64 & Clonix-D)
I was interested to buy and play with yours, my loss ... 8-(
If you're ever decide to do another run of MLDL2000 or release a MLDL2000v2/MLDL3000, please put my name in the waiting list.
Best regards,
Sylvain

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)