hp-prime II
08-03-2018, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2018 10:45 PM by compsystems.)
hp-prime II
sorry for my bad English

Hello, I think there is a new hp-prime with better hardware, I hope this has a bigger screen, silimar to the Classpad, try to eliminate the physical keyboard and replace it with a touch keyboard (virtual), but the most important thing that can be connected with the systems and electronics learning kit, as the Texas Instruments competition is doing.

[Image: image.php?mode=medium&album_id=2...ge_id=9677]

https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=21738

[Image: image.php?mode=thumbnail&image_id=8726]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2018, 03:58 AM
RE: hp-prime II
Hello Compsystems,
While I don’t know if the machine you describe will exist or not in the future, I am always been enchanted by the possibility to drive a plc from an HP calculator.

I know that one could buy an arduino and do everything without a calculator but having the possibility to program a board (I am not pointing to a specific hardware here) directly from the prime would be great.

There would be the possibility for HP or a third party company to develop an educational plc by the self but that would require a huge effort that is not exactly in the direction of a calculator group.

For this reason I see much more convenient to have a specific set of commands to extend HPPL (or CAS like the Python interpreter) and drive a commercial plc.

Why all of this make sense to me? Because we don’t have to forget technical schools. If the Prime is aimed (principally) for the students, we don’t have to forget all the new generation of technicians at school that could discover IOT through their calculator.

Thanks

Giancarlo
08-08-2018, 12:30 PM
(08-04-2018 03:58 AM)Giancarlo Wrote:  Hello Compsystems,
Why all of this make sense to me? Because we don’t have to forget technical schools. If the Prime is aimed (principally) for the students, we don’t have to forget all the new generation of technicians at school that could discover IOT through their calculator.

Very interesting quote, I agree completely with you. Let's see what the future brings...

Product Manager HP for MORAVIA Consulting, the EMEA & AP Licensee for HP Calculators.

http://www.hpcalcs.com
08-08-2018, 05:48 PM
In ITALY there is a strange feeling affecting technical schools. Parents try to send their kids to other schools because it seems that technical schools are a second choice.
For this reason every year when kids have to decide their next school, in the same town I work, I use to show them what a mechanical designer is with autocad and 3d software to show that you can also keep your hands clear...
I was able to convince a bunch of them. Not bad if you think that they find a permanent job before they finish school...

Giancarlo

Ps why don’t we give them a tool to do their calculations? :-P

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)