Does anybody ever seen one HP41-EX?
07-09-2018, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2018 05:55 PM by Artur - Brasil.)
Does anybody ever seen one HP41-EX?
Hello!

Here a link to a very new model, at least to me, of HP41 series.
It is an HP-41Ex !!

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-...&c_order=0

ARTUR MARIO JUNIOR
BRAZIL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2018, 01:24 PM
RE: Does anybody ever seen one HP41-CE?
(07-09-2018 12:53 PM)Artur - Brasil Wrote:  Hello!

Here a link to a very new model, at least to me, of HP41 series.
It is an HP-41E !!

https://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-...&c_order=0

Thanks for sharing this; it's a nice collection of accessories and peripherals. Ask the seller to show a photo of the nameplate on the bottom front of the machine and you'll most likely see it is a normal 41C/CV/CX. While it's possible a bundle called "41E" was sold locally of a 41 with some normally optional peripherals, it's very unlikely the machine really has the model info "41E" on it's label. Please share the result if the seller does show it, it's interesting.

--Bob Prosperi
07-09-2018, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2018 05:56 PM by Artur - Brasil.)
RE: Does anybody ever seen one HP41-EX?
Hi, rprosperi

The seller has already mentioned that, on label just 41C or CX, not specified.
From messages he says:
"Não aparece o modelo escrito, mas e 41EX, modelo modificado de uma calculadora 41CX normal, embutindo módulo de memória com os programas da maioria dos módulos existentes para a HP 41CX"
"It doesn't show the model written, but is a 41EX, modified model from 41CX, with embeded memory with many of programs of existing modules."

Very sad so expensive to my vallet....

ARTUR MARIO JUNIOR
BRAZIL
07-09-2018, 04:22 PM
RE: Does anybody ever seen one HP41-CE?
(07-09-2018 01:37 PM)Artur - Brasil Wrote:  Hi, rprosperi

The seller has already mentioned that, on label just 41C or CX, not specified.
From messages he says:
"Não aparece o modelo escrito, mas e 41EX, modelo modificado de uma calculadora 41CX normal, embutindo módulo de memória com os programas da maioria dos módulos existentes para a HP 41CX"
"It doesn't show the model written, but is a 41EX, modified model from 41CX, with embeded memory with many of programs of existing modules."

Very sad so expensive to my vallet....

Though possible, it seems unlikely as 41 internal ROM upgrades were quite scarce due to lack of room inside. Ask him to describe the CAT-2 listing with no modules plugged-in. If it truly does have extra ROMs inside, it is clearly more rare and valuable, though for all the items included (assuming they are all in working order) the price is not too bad as listed.

--Bob Prosperi
07-09-2018, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2018 05:56 PM by Artur - Brasil.)
I'll try. Let's see if he posts a video for us.

ARTUR MARIO JUNIOR
BRAZIL
07-10-2018, 02:18 AM
(07-09-2018 01:37 PM)Artur - Brasil Wrote:  "It doesn't show the model written, but is a 41EX, modified model from 41CX, with embeded memory with many of programs of existing modules."

Could that be a 41CL?
~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."
07-10-2018, 02:30 AM
(07-10-2018 02:18 AM)mfleming Wrote:  
(07-09-2018 01:37 PM)Artur - Brasil Wrote:  "It doesn't show the model written, but is a 41EX, modified model from 41CX, with embeded memory with many of programs of existing modules."

Could that be a 41CL?
~Mark

I suspect either it is a 41CL (with a unique marketing scheme) or the seller is just repeating something he was told and it really may not have other ROMs installed. Having opened a few 41's, it's hard to imagine how one might have installed several, or even one, additional ROM inside. I figured the CAT-2 results will reveal the truth, whatever the case.

--Bob Prosperi
07-10-2018, 03:38 AM
If you look carefully at the picture, the silver line around the keyboard identify it as a HP-41C, at least originally.

Easy test to find which 41 model you have, no module plugged.

After a memory lost ...
C: RCL 99 -> NONEXISTENT
CV: RCL 99 -> 0.0000
CX: CAT 2 -> "-TIME 2C", "-CX TIME", ...

All 41 models except blanknuts ...
C: silver line around the keyboard & orange back
CV: golden line around the keyboard & orange back
CX: golden line around the keyboard & silver back
07-10-2018, 06:42 AM
(07-10-2018 02:30 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(07-10-2018 02:18 AM)mfleming Wrote:  Could that be a 41CL?
~Mark

I suspect either it is a 41CL (with a unique marketing scheme) or the seller is just repeating something he was told and it really may not have other ROMs installed. Having opened a few 41's, it's hard to imagine how one might have installed several, or even one, additional ROM inside. I figured the CAT-2 results will reveal the truth, whatever the case.

Actually, as Juergen showed here, it is possible to install at least 5 modules inside...

[Image: bernytronix.jpg]

Greetings,
    Massimo

-+×÷ ↔ left is right and right is wrong
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)