All rewrite functions listing App
07-03-2018, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2018 12:16 PM by vvolkan.)
All rewrite functions listing App
Hi,

Multi command app displays all functions in the CAS/Rewrite menu with their results in a popup menu on CAS main screen. Additionally, it displays expand,proot(in second menu only),collect,lncollect functions and their results.

There are 2 menu page in the app. In the first page, results are filtered, if function returns same expression with the entered, the funtion and its result aren't shown in that menu. To see all without filtered select "All Functions" at the end of the menu.

INSTALLATION:
- Copy code and paste in to "mc" named file.
- Open "mc" and press check (you would get error, ignore the error(esc))
- Go to Cas home screen and write mc(1) then enter (it returns check_mc_code text)
- Go to code file "mc" and check again. You get "no error" message .
- ready to use. example .mc(sin(2x))

Opinions and suggestions, bug reports are welcome.

*UPDATED 07-10-2018: The Issue which i mentioned below has been resolved and some functions added under the polynomial section

List of functions

-Polynomial
CAS.proot()
CAS.divis()
CAS.factors()

-Algebra
CAS.simplify()
CAS.collect()
CAS.expand()
CAS.factor()

(The app involves all Cas/Rewrite menu functions)
-Rewrite-> Main
CAS.lncollect()
CAS.powexpand()
CAS.texpand()

-Rewrite-> Exp&Ln
CAS.exp2pow()
CAS.pow2exp()
CAS.exp2trig()
CAS.expexpand()

-Rewrite->Sine
CAS.asin2acos()
CAS.asin2atan()
CAS.sin2costan()

-Rewrite->Cosine submenu
CAS.acos2asin()
CAS.acos2atan()
CAS.cos2sintan()

-Rewrite->Tangent
CAS.atan2asin()
CAS.acos2atan()
CAS.tan2sincos()
CAS.halftan()

-Rewrite->Trig
CAS.trigsin()
CAS.trigcos()
CAS.trigtan()
CAS.atrig2ln()
CAS.tlin()
CAS.tcollect()
CAS.trigexpand()
CAS.trig2exp()

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

.txt  Multi Command.txt (Size: 23.32 KB / Downloads: 8)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2018, 03:56 AM
RE: Multi Command App -display rewrite CAS functions and results in the same menu display
I have fixed a bug that cause error when some of the function's result consists of only numbers. For instance sin(x)^2+cos^2(x)=1. txt file has been updated.
07-04-2018, 07:15 PM
RE: Multi Command App-Display rewrite CAS functions and results in the same menu display
This is a really useful program: thank you! There are so many CAS/Rewrite functions to choose from, but this program shows the effect of each one and allows you to choose.

Nigel (UK)
07-04-2018, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2018 11:11 PM by vvolkan.)
RE: Multi Command App-Display rewrite CAS functions and results in the same menu
Hi Nigel, thanks for your feedback. I want to inform about a collect function issue that i have encountered today. If the entered expression is in division format, it doesn't return the result which "cas.collect" function applied. So, for now it is ok to use the multi command seperately for numerator and denominator.
Cas.commands act different when use in program, maybe inherent bug i am not sure. I will update file or give information about the issue in this thread when i resolve.

Example: mc(1/(x^2+3x+2)) return 1/(x^2+3x+2) under "collect" if the expression is out of the division like this mc(x^2+3x+2) then it works as expected and returns ((x+1)*(x+2)) under the "collect" function.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)