HHC 2018 website is up and running
05-02-2018, 12:22 AM
HHC 2018 website is up and running
HHC 2018, the 46th international conference for enthusiasts of handheld programmable devices, especially HP programmable calculators, will be held in San Jose, California, on September 29-30, 2018. Because the very first programmable scientific calculator from HP, the HP 9100A, was announced in September 1968, the theme of HHC 2018 is "Celebrating 50 Years of HP Programmables".

For more information, and maybe register as a possible attendee, please visit the official HHC 2018 website: http://hhuc.us/2018/

A quote from the HHC 2018 Committee page: "The Committe would like to publicly thank Monte Dalrymple for all his hard work scouting out many hotels in the San Jose area, and finding the best one for our needs. Every HHC conference is made possible by a local attendee who does all the "footwork" of finding the best hotel, and Monte did that this year. We all owe him a great debt of gratitude. Kudos also to Sam Kim for additional assistance."

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2018, 12:43 AM
RE: HHC 2018 website is up and running
(05-02-2018 12:22 AM)Joe Horn Wrote:  HHC 2018, the 46th international conference for enthusiasts of handheld programmable devices, especially HP programmable calculators, will be held in San Jose, California, on September 29-30, 2018. Because the very first programmable scientific calculator from HP, the HP 9100A, was announced in September 1968, the theme of HHC 2018 is "Celebrating 50 Years of HP Programmables".

For more information, and maybe register as a possible attendee, please visit the official HHC 2018 website: http://hhuc.us/2018/

A quote from the HHC 2018 Committee page: "The Committe would like to publicly thank Monte Dalrymple for all his hard work scouting out many hotels in the San Jose area, and finding the best one for our needs. Every HHC conference is made possible by a local attendee who does all the "footwork" of finding the best hotel, and Monte did that this year. We all owe him a great debt of gratitude. Kudos also to Sam Kim for additional assistance."
Thanks Monte.
Sam will be there? I haven't seen him since San Diego.
Find all posts by this user
05-02-2018, 02:26 AM
(05-02-2018 12:43 AM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  Sam will be there? I haven't seen him since San Diego.

Yes, he's planning on attending. You are correct: the last HHC which Sam attended was HHC 2011 in San Diego.

<0|ɸ|0>
-Joe-
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2018, 03:36 AM
I was thinking that the last time I saw him was the '07 in San Diego (I brought my HP surveying instrument and Ted Kirber brought legs for it), but i lied. It was the IEEE / HP35 bash on Page Mill Rd. in '09. Sam had the then new 12c and 20b/30b along with lots of enthusiasm for what could be done with them - but no idea that the 34s would come from that. The engineer that was in charge of designing the HP35 keyboard (and having a hard time of it) told how they were all at a bar after work and he was idly pushing the beer can top in and letting it pop back up pop doop pop doop pop....... The light came on and the hp keyboard was born.
05-02-2018, 04:28 PM
Perhaps someone can describe the several regular electronics swap meets that occur in or near San Jose and that might be of interest to HHC participants. One of them runs from 0500 to 1200 on some Saturday of the month; we could shop at that one and not miss HHC events.
05-02-2018, 04:54 PM
(05-02-2018 04:28 PM)telemachos Wrote:  Perhaps someone can describe the several regular electronics swap meets that occur in or near San Jose and that might be of interest to HHC participants. One of them runs from 0500 to 1200 on some Saturday of the month; we could shop at that one and not miss HHC events.

Sadly, WeirdStuff just closed a month ago after 31 years. I've found some treasures at the Capitol Ave. flea market (not the Berillessa one) in S.J.
05-03-2018, 01:34 AM
De Anza College has a computer oriented and ham oriented flea market on separate weekends each month. I went a few summers ago and found it worth the time. Just a quick trip up 280 to 85 then Stevens Creek. Not far from the old Apple HQ (1 Infinite Loop) if you're doing the landmark tour...

~Mark

Remember kids, "In a democracy, you get the government you deserve."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)